Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Nick Bosa a Cardinal

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Nick Bosa a Cardinal
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:33 pm
  • I'm sure Wilson will love that...
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Re: Nick Bosa a Cardinal
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:36 pm
  • Yeah Chandler Jones and him will be a pretty good duo
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:40 pm
  • Keim may trade down, they have a lot of pieces to upgrade. Also Bidwells are cheap.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:00 am
  • OTOH, Curry was a can't-miss high first round defensive pick too. Can't always predict these things. :|
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:09 am
  • Bring it. Steel sharpens steel. If we have to beat the best D-linemen in the league to win the division, our O-Line will be incredible.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:49 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:OTOH, Curry was a can't-miss high first round defensive pick too. Can't always predict these things. :|

Curry was far from can't miss. There were even a few on this board (I remember English and Kearly in particular) who vehemently argued against him as a prospect.

Bosa is 12 times the prospect Curry was. Bosa is the concensus best defensive lineman in what is likely the best and deepest d-line class in a decade. Curry, on the other hand, was propped up by a historically weak draft class. That's not to say Bosa won't bust, but the odds are waaaaaay less than Curry.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:20 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:OTOH, Curry was a can't-miss high first round defensive pick too. Can't always predict these things. :|

Curry was far from can't miss. There were even a few on this board (I remember English and Kearly in particular) who vehemently argued against him as a prospect.

Bosa is 12 times the prospect Curry was. Bosa is the concensus best defensive lineman in what is likely the best and deepest d-line class in a decade. Curry, on the other hand, was propped up by a historically weak draft class. That's not to say Bosa won't bust, but the odds are waaaaaay less than Curry.

Isn't Bosa a LB who roams?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:26 pm
  • He's a DE.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:05 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:OTOH, Curry was a can't-miss high first round defensive pick too. Can't always predict these things. :|

I wasn't a member of this board at the time, but I hated the choice of Curry. I suppose it didn't help that I loved Julian Peterson, and we traded him just to make room for Curry.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:41 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:

I wasn't a member of this board at the time, but I hated the choice of Curry. I suppose it didn't help that I loved Julian Peterson, and we traded him just to make room for Curry.

Ouch. I loved the lock at the time, but also wanted Crabtree. I liked BY Raji too. So don't listen to me when it comes to #4 overall picks.

However, Nick's core muscle injury worries me. Not sure about long term.
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:OTOH, Curry was a can't-miss high first round defensive pick too. Can't always predict these things. :|

Curry was an auto bust the moment they drafted him, a 4-3 OLB should never be drafted in the top 10. The numbers he would have had to put up would have been staggering.

I wanted Orakpo because elite pass rushers are hard to come by. Add on the fact that Pete took over when he was 24 would have seen his career really take off.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information