Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks On the Clock! UPDATE: Seahawks Own the 21st Pick

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • The Seahawks now have the 21st pick after the Eagles pulled off the miracle in Solider Field! If there's one positive thing about getting knocked out of the playoffs early, it's that you get a pick in the low 20's and you can also be happy and STAY POSITIVE that your team made it to the playoffs!

Who are some players you guys like at 21?

If you think we're going to trade back as usual, what players do you like in the 30's that are options for us? Please post film/videos/highlights/etc. on those players too. It's full draft mode folks! Go Hawks!!!
    Last edited by skater18000 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Re: Seahawks On the Clock!
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:16 am
  • Byron Murphy. It’s obvious Shaq Griffin isn’t the answer at CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:52 am
  • We don’t have many glaring holes on our roster so it’s hard to say where we’ll go in the draft.

I really like D.K Metcalf the WR out of Ole Miss. He’s 6’4 225 runs 4.4 and he has great hands. He’s coming off an injury which should bump him from a top 10 pick into the late first to early second. I’d like to see what Wilson can do with a true #1 receiver and this IMO is the best in the draft.

The Seahawks will probably draft a defensive lineman though. This draft is stacked with them and they’d be able to trade back and still get a difference maker.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:53 am
  • Andrew Wingard S from Wyoming
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:36 am
  • I think they will draft Pass rushing DE, SS, Guard

I always want them to draft WRs .... but that makes no sense

I know they will trade back. Probably won’t even pick in the first.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 am
  • Depends on what we do with KJ and Kendricks. If both guys come back, then we are good, if not we need to replace them in the draft.

With both back, we need a CB, WR, DE most.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:17 am
  • A big fast safety that allows PC to run more of his Cover 3 defense that brings him success.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:28 am
  • Edge rusher to work with frank would be nice. Another CB to replace Shaq if he continues to regress. Probably need to start looking for KJ’s replacement too.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:23 pm
  • Edited for off topic comments.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:02 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Edge rusher to work with frank would be nice. Another CB to replace Shaq if he continues to regress. Probably need to start looking for KJ’s replacement too.

The draft is so deep at DL you can probably get a good one in round 2 or 3. Need a secondary upgrade at corner or safety early.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:08 pm
  • I like the idea of a WR. But we need to trade back to get some picks.

And for heaven's sake! Draft a kicker!!!
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:29 pm
  • I like that it’s a crazy deep draft for d lineman. I fully expect them to trade down and gain extra picks. When haven’t JS/PC traded down? What I highly doubt they pick high and don’t want them to is a WR. WR is a position that generally takes a couple years to acclimate. Take a flyer on a late round WR or pick one up in FA or hope David Moore takes the next step. Chuck Knox used to talk about getting “an impact player”. O line, D line, LB, are positions that they could be looking at for impact players.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:44 pm
  • WR's Big guys so we have a good target.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside
    6-3
    4.55e
    Stanford

DK Metcalf
    6-4
    4.60e
    Mississippi

Lil'Jordan Humphrey
    6-3
    4.50e
    Texas

Safety's There isn't at least right now a guy that can match Earls speed but these two have smarts and size that may help there anyway.

Deionte Thompson
    6-0
    Alabama

Taylor Rapp
    6-0
    4.60e
    Washington

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
    6-0
    4.55e
    Florida

DT'S Don't know anything about these guys but they have hole filling size, lookimg at guys that are run stopper body types, we are seeing the change back to run and need guys that can't be moved, a Safety of Kams size would also be a big help that can fill that box but think it would have to be a LB convert guy to do that.

Ed Alexander
    6-2
    5.55e
    LSU

Dexter Lawrence
    6-3
    5.25e
    Clemson

Greg Gaines
    6-1
    5.35e
    Washington

Granted a lot of these guys abilities will come more clear once they start doing the combine and we can see write ups on them but this is my stab in the dark to start with.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:50 pm
  • It's official 21st pick is ours. Discuss
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 am
  • skater18000 wrote:It's official 21st pick is ours. Discuss

It's gonna get traded...remember Seattle does not have a second round pick.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• Edge rusher or DT. This draft is deep with DL's. Not a ton of top end CB's or Safeties this year...but a couple mid to late round guys.

I go DL or WR with our first pick...even if we trade down, which I'm sure we will.

I'd love a top end OG, but I'm not sure who that is in this year's draft class.

DL Lawrence from Clemson or DL Tillery from Notre Dame would be solid choices, late in round 1.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:43 am
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a competent head coach willing to adjust and change game plans when it's clearly obvious the plan is not going to work???!!

Probably not.

Thanks for your insightful commentary. I feel, after reading this, like I have a good grasp of what kind of college player we might like to draft at #21. It's this sort of thought-provoking contribution to threads that makes this such a wonderful fan board. No wonder all the best posters from the past are still here!

:roll:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:17 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a competent head coach willing to adjust and change game plans when it's clearly obvious the plan is not going to work???!!

Probably not.

Thanks for your insightful commentary. I feel, after reading this, like I have a good grasp of what kind of college player we might like to draft at #21. It's this sort of thought-provoking contribution to threads that makes this such a wonderful fan board. No wonder all the best posters from the past are still here!

I checked all the possible replacements for Coach Carroll, based on their SPARQ ratings, and no one comes close to Coach on the Chewing Gum Agility Shuffle.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

• Trade down to 28.

Trade down to 32.

Trade down to Second Round.

Enjoy your 1st day of the draft.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Byron Murphy. It’s obvious Shaq Griffin isn’t the answer at CB

I have way more faith in Pete finding late gems at corner. We need other help early.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Rush end or road grading guard.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Byron Murphy. It’s obvious Shaq Griffin isn’t the answer at CB

I have way more faith in Pete finding late gems at corner. We need other help early.

Because he recruits for size and speed. Then coaches technique.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:38 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a competent head coach willing to adjust and change game plans when it's clearly obvious the plan is not going to work???!!

Probably not.

You're very welcome!

I only provide the absolute most insightful comments.

They are second to none. Lol.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• I feel like they are happy with the way Martin is progressing. That leads me to believe they go for more depth at DE later in the draft. I can see them going G, WR, or FS.

They'll probably trade down a bunch and then all bets are off.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

• N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:15 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:

Probably not.

I checked all the possible replacements for Coach Carroll, based on their SPARQ ratings, and no one comes close to Coach on the Chewing Gum Agility Shuffle.

But did you check DVOA??? I cant seem to find any scores..... 8)
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• The annual trade down of Seahawk draft picks causes me to do this exercise with the trade chart, just to get myself an idea of some possibilities for more picks in the coming draft. This exercise is meant to illustrate what picks may be potentially on the table with trades of pick #21 IF they can find a willing trade partner.

Based 0n the "new" TRADE CHART; Seattle, now owns pick 1/21. Below are a few trades that are of approximately EQUAL value by trade chart points, however, IF a team" must have" a very specific prospect, they could pay even more, perhaps by throwing in a round 6 or 7 pick to make the deal(s) or trading a slightly higher value pick than is indicated by the trade chart.

Seahawks original pick: 1/21 = 260.82-points, trading down to later round 1, early round 2 options...…….
    1/26 = 222.74 = a 38.08 point difference = round 4, approx. pick #97, nets the Seahawks picks 26 & 97.
    1/31 = 190.21 = a 70.61 point difference = round 3, approx. pick #69, nets the Seahawks picks 31 & 69.
    2/35 = 170.37 = a 90.45 point difference = round 2, approx. pick #59, nets the Seahawks picks 35 & 59.
    2/40 = 149.45 = a 111.37 point difference = round 2, approx. pick #51, nets the Seahawks picks 40 & 51.

This early in the process, it's unknown how far they could move down with a trade(s), we just know they almost surely will be in trade mode in round 1 (and potentially later trades) to get a few more picks. I think any of the above trade downs would be optimum for the Seahawks unless they have a "must have" pick in mind with their #21. I thought I'd share my research with y'all. Thoughts?
    :smilingalien:
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State.

Justyn Ross from Clemson, only a freshman, but man, that kid can ball.

2 more years, Seattle should get him.

As for this year....CB.

Need to get a shutdown CB.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• DeAndre Baker, CB, Universtiy of Georgia-I little short but arm length and physical.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Assuming a trade back or two (a fairly safe bet with four picks in total going in) I think early capital should go on a run-stuffing DT. There were a lot of first downs given up after 7 and 8 yard runs up the middle this season. Might just be my memory but it’d be nice to slow things up a little on that front.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• uncle fester wrote:Assuming a trade back or two (a fairly safe bet with four picks in total going in) I think early capital should go on a run-stuffing DT. There were a lot of first downs given up after 7 and 8 yard runs up the middle this season. Might just be my memory but it’d be nice to slow things up a little on that front.

If we slow them down a little, our memory will be on schedule. :mrgreen:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State.

What did you like about him?

Big numbers but seemed to be more of a possession receiver
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State.

What did you like about him?

Big numbers but seemed to be more of a possession receiver

I just know he destroyed the Ducks every time we've played against him. Best, most dominant, receiver i've seen them play the last couple years.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Kyler Murray.... let’s get him. Sit him a year behind Russ and let Russ walk freeing up ~$30mil.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:Kyler Murray.... let’s get him. Sit him a year behind Russ and let Russ walk freeing up ~$30mil.

Super risky considering he's a top 10 pick in the MLB draft by the A's. Would be nice getting him if he falls to #21 though.

I want the BPA, and DL Jeffery Simmons could fall a la Frank Clark.

massari
    NET Veteran

• Quality cover/shutdown corner or 2, and a quality safety are the most glaring needs IMHO, also someone that eats opposing QB’s for lunch would be good as well.
    I’d draft heavy on defense.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Well todays 21st is not going to be our pick,I would bet more 29th to 32nd or even out of the 1st round to high second and getting more, but I would think we go Dline rush and run stuff, then if there is a Big Body WR there next and then Safety, LB, CB, filling out with O line guys.

Reason I say this is looking at Practice guys and IR we are filled with secondary guys, we also have O line guys. The one piece we don't have is the big body WR that Schotty covets that we don't have.

Doug has a big contract and has been injured, we need a Money guy if he is released, I don't like the idea but for arguments sake, same with Wright, we have guys like Kendricks and Calitro if we can resign them that stepped in. Kendricks by far my more desired player.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• ImTheScientist wrote:Kyler Murray.... let’s get him. Sit him a year behind Russ and let Russ walk freeing up ~$30mil.

It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted. I doubt he ever plays a down of football
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:Kyler Murray.... let’s get him. Sit him a year behind Russ and let Russ walk freeing up ~$30mil.

It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted. I doubt he ever plays a down of football

I'd rather have Trevor Lawrence when he comes out in 2 years, 2021 draft.

Trade Russ for draft picks. It's not certain the next owner/incoming coach (Carroll/Schneider tandem will be gone in 2 years) wants an expensive QB anyways.

You can start the team fresh with a young cheap rookie QB and Lawrence can be the future.

Trade Russ and secure multiple first round picks.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:42 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:Byron Murphy. It’s obvious Shaq Griffin isn’t the answer at CB

That's not going to happen in the first place King might very well be the answer there and he's already on the team . Second there's no way there not trading down. I agree with you though Griffin is a liability in coverage.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk_Dan wrote:Trade down to 28.

Trade down to 32.

Trade down to Second Round.

Enjoy your 1st day of the draft.

I agree . We might as well start looking at day two talent.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• I agree, trade down.

6'5" 290 Ala DE/DT Isaiah Buggs can move inside with ease, and finished the season with 10 sacks.
    Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Going off the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, we can get some decent value for #21.

Here is what I would try to do, obviously it takes two teams to agree but here goes. :lol:

Trade #21 (value 800) to Green Bay for their #32 (value 590) and their #75 (value 215).
    800-805

Trade #32 (value 590) to Oakland for their #35 (value 550) #147 (value 32.2) and their #194 (value 13.4)
    590-595.6

This would net us 3 additional picks totaling seven and hopefully nab Byron Murphy @ 35.

2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:Going off the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, we can get some decent value for #21.

Here is what I would try to do, obviously it takes two teams to agree but here goes. :lol:

Trade #21 (value 800) to Green Bay for their #32 (value 590) and their #75 (value 215).
    800-805

Trade #32 (value 590) to Oakland for their #35 (value 550) #147 (value 32.2) and their #194 (value 13.4)
    590-595.6

This would net us 3 additional picks totaling seven and hopefully nab Byron Murphy @ 35.

Seen Murphy as top 10 in some Mocks, won't be there.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Ive seen him in many slide to the 2nd as well. It's a crap shoot.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information