Seahawks On the Clock! UPDATE: Seahawks Own the 21st Pick

skater18000

Reaction score
The Seahawks now have the 21st pick after the Eagles pulled off the miracle in Solider Field! If there's one positive thing about getting knocked out of the playoffs early, it's that you get a pick in the low 20's and you can also be happy and STAY POSITIVE that your team made it to the playoffs!

Who are some players you guys like at 21?

If you think we're going to trade back as usual, what players do you like in the 30's that are options for us? Please post film/videos/highlights/etc. on those players too. It's full draft mode folks! Go Hawks!!!

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Byron Murphy. It’s obvious Shaq Griffin isn’t the answer at CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
We don’t have many glaring holes on our roster so it’s hard to say where we’ll go in the draft.

I really like D.K Metcalf the WR out of Ole Miss. He’s 6’4 225 runs 4.4 and he has great hands. He’s coming off an injury which should bump him from a top 10 pick into the late first to early second. I’d like to see what Wilson can do with a true #1 receiver and this IMO is the best in the draft.

The Seahawks will probably draft a defensive lineman though. This draft is stacked with them and they’d be able to trade back and still get a difference maker.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I think they will draft Pass rushing DE, SS, Guard

I always want them to draft WRs .... but that makes no sense

I know they will trade back. Probably won’t even pick in the first.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Depends on what we do with KJ and Kendricks. If both guys come back, then we are good, if not we need to replace them in the draft.

With both back, we need a CB, WR, DE most.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
A big fast safety that allows PC to run more of his Cover 3 defense that brings him success.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Edge rusher to work with frank would be nice. Another CB to replace Shaq if he continues to regress. Probably need to start looking for KJ’s replacement too.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
mistaowen":356mmnts said:
Edge rusher to work with frank would be nice. Another CB to replace Shaq if he continues to regress. Probably need to start looking for KJ’s replacement too.

The draft is so deep at DL you can probably get a good one in round 2 or 3. Need a secondary upgrade at corner or safety early.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I like the idea of a WR. But we need to trade back to get some picks.

And for heaven's sake! Draft a kicker!!!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I like that it’s a crazy deep draft for d lineman. I fully expect them to trade down and gain extra picks. When haven’t JS/PC traded down? What I highly doubt they pick high and don’t want them to is a WR. WR is a position that generally takes a couple years to acclimate. Take a flyer on a late round WR or pick one up in FA or hope David Moore takes the next step. Chuck Knox used to talk about getting “an impact player”. O line, D line, LB, are positions that they could be looking at for impact players.

chris98251

Reaction score
WR's Big guys so we have a good target.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside
6-3
4.55e
Stanford

DK Metcalf
6-4
4.60e
Mississippi

Lil'Jordan Humphrey
6-3
4.50e
Texas

Safety's There isn't at least right now a guy that can match Earls speed but these two have smarts and size that may help there anyway.

Deionte Thompson
6-0
Alabama

Taylor Rapp
6-0
4.60e
Washington

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
6-0
4.55e
Florida

DT'S Don't know anything about these guys but they have hole filling size, lookimg at guys that are run stopper body types, we are seeing the change back to run and need guys that can't be moved, a Safety of Kams size would also be a big help that can fill that box but think it would have to be a LB convert guy to do that.

Ed Alexander
6-2
5.55e
LSU

Dexter Lawrence
6-3
5.25e
Clemson

Greg Gaines
6-1
5.35e
Washington

Granted a lot of these guys abilities will come more clear once they start doing the combine and we can see write ups on them but this is my stab in the dark to start with.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Edge rusher or DT. This draft is deep with DL's. Not a ton of top end CB's or Safeties this year...but a couple mid to late round guys.

I go DL or WR with our first pick...even if we trade down, which I'm sure we will.

I'd love a top end OG, but I'm not sure who that is in this year's draft class.

DL Lawrence from Clemson or DL Tillery from Notre Dame would be solid choices, late in round 1.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":14tt71yr said:
Can we draft a competent head coach willing to adjust and change game plans when it's clearly obvious the plan is not going to work???!!

Probably not.

Thanks for your insightful commentary. I feel, after reading this, like I have a good grasp of what kind of college player we might like to draft at #21. It's this sort of thought-provoking contribution to threads that makes this such a wonderful fan board. No wonder all the best posters from the past are still here!

:roll:

Anajimmc

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2gdvz28t said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2gdvz28t said:
Can we draft a competent head coach willing to adjust and change game plans when it's clearly obvious the plan is not going to work???!!

Probably not.

Thanks for your insightful commentary. I feel, after reading this, like I have a good grasp of what kind of college player we might like to draft at #21. It's this sort of thought-provoking contribution to threads that makes this such a wonderful fan board. No wonder all the best posters from the past are still here!

:roll:
I checked all the possible replacements for Coach Carroll, based on their SPARQ ratings, and no one comes close to Coach on the Chewing Gum Agility Shuffle.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Trade down to 28.

Trade down to 32.

Trade down to Second Round.

Enjoy your 1st day of the draft.