Honest thoughts on Gardner Minshew

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm not very big into college sports, but I know all about WSUs season this year. I think Minshew has the tools to be a very good NFL QB. Cougar fans, this question is mainly for you, since you've had the most exposure to Minshew.

Based on what you saw in his one year at WSU, is he someone Seattle should target as a developmental QB?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I am by NO means an expert...but I'm 45 and have watched a lot of football in my years. I really like watching him play. He has leadership qualities and looks to throw a decent mid-range ball with some accuracy. I'm not sure he has the strongest arm that most teams covet...but I think he tosses it with some zip and a guy like him could do quite well as a backup. I look at guys like Colt McCoy and Ty Detmer and Kellen Moore. Minshew probably has stronger than those guys. I like his demeanor and I like his mid to short passing game. With some work and development working with reads and throwing receivers open, I think he could be a solid backup QB somewhere...maybe start some games.

I love his throwing style, he slings it. I dunno...I just really like watching him play.