Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Clemson vs. Alabama

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Clemson vs. Alabama
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 pm
  • Clemson is up 28-16 with less than 5 minutes left in the half. Tagovailoa has thrown 2 picks. GO CLEMSON!
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Clemson vs. Alabama
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:13 pm
  • Hate’em both.

Go Tigers

Hate Bama more.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:30 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Hate’em both.

Go Tigers

Hate Bama more.

Agreed. Pick your poison but Bama is definitely the worse of the evils. Absolutely cannot stand Saban
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm
  • Seahaaaawks wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Hate’em both.

Go Tigers

Hate Bama more.

Agreed. Pick your poison but Bama is definitely the worse of the evils. Absolutely cannot stand Saban

I agree too. Alabama can go blankety-blank-blank-blank.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 pm
  • Seahaaaawks wrote:

Go Tigers

Hate Bama more.

Also agree. With the lack of posts in here on a National Championship game, it makes me wonder if most people outside of these two teams are just plain tired of these teams playing in this game. Can’t some other collegiate teams play at a high level?
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:

Go Tigers

Hate Bama more.

Also agree. With the lack of posts in here on a National Championship game, it makes me wonder if most people outside of these two teams are just plain tired of these teams playing in this game. Can’t some other collegiate teams play at a high level?

They've been saying ticket sales were down for this game. People are just sick of this matchup. It also doesn't help that you know the CFP squeezed out a more worthy team by giving another inferior Notre Dame squad a shot.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:53 pm
  • People are saying 20 to 25 players from this game get drafted this year. Thats crazy talent.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:00 pm
  • Can we draft the rights to this Ross kid when he comes out in 2021? Good lord.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:02 pm
  • Etienne runs like Phoebe.

Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:07 pm
  • Is this Saban's biggest deficit at Alabama? 4 TDs. Yikes. Plus, Clemson has scored 30 unanswered.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:24 pm

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:Can we draft the rights to this Ross kid when he comes out in 2021? Good lord.

I'll second this, I wouldn't mind a couple of there corners too. Very Seahawky looking build to them.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:

Go Tigers

Hate Bama more.

Not even watching. The teams with the best recruiting classes in the championship every year.

Alabama with the #1 recruiting class every year had nothing to gain and everything to lose.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:Can we draft the rights to this Ross kid when he comes out in 2021? Good lord.

Kid appears to be a freak of nature.

I hope he stays healthy and keeps his nose clean.

Absolutely fun to watch him.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Let's not forget his time with the Dolphins
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 pm
  • getnasty wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

Let's not forget his time with the Dolphins

Softy doesn't acknowledge anything the Huskies didn't do.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:44 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:

Go Tigers

Hate Bama more.

They've been saying ticket sales were down for this game. People are just sick of this matchup. It also doesn't help that you know the CFP squeezed out a more worthy team by giving another inferior Notre Dame squad a shot.

You know Alabama got beat worse by Clemson than ND did right?Georgia lost 3 games
    not sure where your thoughts are on this.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:49 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    Seahaaaawks wrote:Agreed. Pick your poison but Bama is definitely the worse of the evils. Absolutely cannot stand Saban

You know Alabama got beat worse by Clemson than ND did right?Georgia lost 3 games

I would have taken UCF easy over Notre Dame. I know they lost to LSU in the Fiesta Bowl, but they had the nation's longest winning streak and won their conference. Notre Dame played a soft, hand-picked schedule, and got blown out again. It's time to stop enabling them because they just have some dusty trophies.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 am
  • Well that was a bummer.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:23 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:

I would have taken UCF easy over Notre Dame. I know they lost to LSU in the Fiesta Bowl, but they had the nation's longest winning streak and won their conference. Notre Dame played a soft, hand-picked schedule, and got blown out again. It's time to stop enabling them because they just have some dusty trophies.

UCF got shit stomped by the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC. The game wasn't as close as the score. I don't care what their record is over the past two seasons, they don't belong in the conversation.

2017 schedule: https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... ;mt;fp;1;;

2018 schedule: https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... ;mt;fp;1;;

I don't like Notre Dame but I bet they would have fared pretty well with this schedule.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:43 am
  • Just make it 6 or 8 teams so theres no more questions about who deserves to get throttled by one of clemson or Alabama
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:29 am
  • Was there a game one last night. I was busy watching Space 1999 that I recorded off CometTV.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:31 am
  • Saban = Conservative run first offense. They actually piled up some rushing yards while getting curb stomped.

Dabo Sweeny = game plan and exploit what ever weakness your opponent has. Allow your QB freedom to make plays.

Watching the Clemson OL come of the field for their curtain call was pretty awesome.

For some reason it's not being talked about much but the juke that Clemson receiver put on the Bama DB for the long TD throw on third down was ridiculous! He didn't slip and fall... He was juked out of his jock so badly they had to remove him with a game cart! Oh and the Clemson QB and that huge receiver are both true freshmen.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:12 am
  • I know a guy from the Bronx/NYC who wears Alabama gear in football season. Whenever I have the unfortunate circumstances to be around him I sometimes talk Husky/Seahawks football like most Seattle people do. At some point I asked him if he went to Alabama, "no" he said. "Ever lived in the Tuscaloosa area?" I inquired. "Where?" he said.

In fact, he really couldn't discuss football at all, he would just say "Alabama, that's my team."

Poor guy doesn't know the difference between cool and fool.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:19 pm
  • Love seeing the Tide and Saban get their poop pushed in, that was so satisfying to watch.

Another thing I loved seeing was the way the ref crew allowed both sides to be aggressive, made for a very enjoyable game to watch from a unbiased sports fan perspective.

Wish the NFL would take notice, and realize we don't love seeing 30 penalties called a game with half being marginal ticky tack penalties that frustrate the hell out of everyone involved.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:42 pm
  • Would have loved to see UFC get a chance, with their regular QB. That backup QB just doesn't rate.
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:38 pm
  • Awesome game!!!

'Bama lost :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

sure was impressed with Clemson's DLine, their freshman QB and WR.
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Would have loved to see UFC get a chance, with their regular QB. That backup QB just doesn't rate.

UFC needs to stop crying and printing "National Champs" shirts and join a real conference if they want more respect in the national title conversation.

I'm sure either the ACC or SEC would take them.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:51 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:Would have loved to see UFC get a chance, with their regular QB. That backup QB just doesn't rate.

UFC needs to stop crying and printing "National Champs" shirts and join a real conference if they want more respect in the national title conversation.

If you live long enough you will realize that college football, like everything else it seems, is cyclic. I remember when Alabama and the SEC were completely irrelevant.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:Would have loved to see UFC get a chance, with their regular QB. That backup QB just doesn't rate.

And Notre Dame should be allowed to stay independent and still qualify for the CFP?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

And Notre Dame should be allowed to stay independent and still qualify for the CFP?

Notre Dame is the most overrated program in college football. Every 5-6 years we somehow forget that and let them in the national championship conversation, at which time they get their poop pushed in and we all go "ahh, yeah, we forgot."

btw, UFC isn't independent, they're in the AAC (American Athletic Conference).

Which is fine, it's like Boise State when they were rolling with Chris Peterson, you aren't ever going to get the respect you want until you play with the big boys. So UFC can stay in a small conference, but if they want national play then they have to at LEAST schedule 1-2 bigtime non-conference games against top 10 programs. UFC's non conference schedule this year was FIU, Maryland and Maine.

Not good enough.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Notre Dame is the most overrated program in college football. Every 5-6 years we somehow forget that and let them in the national championship conversation, at which time they get their poop pushed in and we all go "ahh, yeah, we forgot."btw, UFC isn't independent, they're in the AAC (American Athletic Conference).

Which is fine, it's like Boise State when they were rolling with Chris Peterson, you aren't ever going to get the respect you want until you play with the big boys. So UFC can stay in a small conference, but if they want national play then they have to at LEAST schedule 1-2 bigtime non-conference games against top 10 programs. UFC's non conference schedule this year was FIU, Maryland and Maine.

Not good enough.

I get the ND hate because they are not in a conference
    but it's been researched(don't have it) but it's out there that
    over the last 20 years ND's sos averages out to #9..
    The most overrated program in college football does
    not fly..You just don't like them is all and it's no different than
    your hate for the Cowboys lol
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:13 pm
  • Just saw recently that a player on Bama said they could be the Cardinals in the NFL, hmmm wondering then if Clemson could be the Rams ......... :P

Think those guys in Bama should maybe get out if the Hooch shed a bit and pay attention to who they are playing next rather then worry about playing a NFL team ...
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm
  • I'd take the bottom NFL team against Alabama or Clemson.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:21 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I'd take the bottom NFL team against Alabama or Clemson.

LOL so would I, we seen so many College Stars walk into the NFL and just get blown away, why I thought it was funny and then the next game Clemson kicks their butt.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Notre Dame is the most overrated program in college football. Every 5-6 years we somehow forget that and let them in the national championship conversation, at which time they get their poop pushed in and we all go "ahh, yeah, we forgot."btw, UFC isn't independent, they're in the AAC (American Athletic Conference).

Not good enough.

I get the ND hate because they are not in a conference
    but it's been researched(don't have it) but it's out there that
    over the last 20 years ND's sos averages out to #9..
    The most overrated program in college football does
    not fly..You just don't like them is all and it's no different than
    your hate for the Cowboys lol

I'm catholic dude, I root for ND. The hate comes from the fact that there are many old school programs like ND that get inflated because of their legacy and name with the committee voters, AP and Coaches.

So join a power conference, or stop over inflating their SOS.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 pm
  • This made me laugh:

JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information