What would the point spread have to be . . .

HawkGA

Reaction score
for you to pick Clemson over the Arizona Cardinals?

I tried this last year with Bama and the Browns and a few of you fixated on a straight up game and that there is no way a college team could hang with a pro team and that the question is stupid. But I'll ask it again anyway and ask that you pay attention to the full question. I'm not asking who would win the game. I'm asking what the point spread would have to be for you to put money on Clemson?

Personally, I think the Cardinals are better than the Browns from last year but I also think Clemson this year is better than Bama because of the QB play (similarly, I think Bama is better than it has been over the last couple of years because of their QB play). Clemson's defense will supposedly have several first round picks. The QB play and in the trenches is what matters. I think I'd take Clemson if given 25 points.

knownone

Reaction score
Probably 42 points. I don’t think Clemson would score and the Cardinals offense scores pretty much at will. Clemson has a lot of NFL level prospects but that can only take you so far against professionals.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think the Clemson dline would rattle Rosen more than you might think.

knownone

Reaction score
IDK, the Cardinals O-line when healthy has 4 first round picks on it. They’d have a significant technique and expirence advantage and no significant athletic disadvantage. Don’t get me wrong, Clemson would make a few flashy plays but over all they’d get mauled IMO.

kobebryant

Reaction score
How bad does each team want it? Is this championship intensity or preseason intensity?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
These are so stupid.

I'd have to see Arizona lay 50+ points. There is no hope that Clemson could cover any of Arizona's WRs. And Rosen probably completes 85% of his passes.

The difference between college open and NFL open is about 6 feet. And the difference between NFL teams is really extremely thin. Rosen right now is a better QB emprically than Lawrence. If they were on the same team, Trevor would be riding pine.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkGA":175yocf8 said:
I think the Clemson dline would rattle Rosen more than you might think.

No it wouldnt. And it would wear down quick.

Any NFL team is hands down better (and stronger, more than likeky faster and certainly more experienced) at every position than its college counterpart accept maybe 1 on either side of the ball.

42 seened right.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throw in a NFL defense would over whelm any College QB out of the gate especially going full tilt and as far as a NFL offense versus a college defense, 42 would be kind. Every lineman heavier and faster then they deal with, every skill guy as fast and strong as their best player or even better.