Nasir Adderley, S- Delaware

naholmes

Reaction score
I don’t know where it says not fast. I thought he’s a 4.4 guy but we’ll see at the combine. He fits as ET’s replacement and a trade back target.

• Appears twitched up and explosive as athlete
    Has speed to range over top as single-high safety or recover against deep throws

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":311ksggp said:
Here's a draft profile, seems to me to be a bit small and not as fast as we've hoped to see. I wonder however, if there are reasons why the team is curious about him.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nasir-add ... 6a5c19b24e
Watched his "career highlights" on U-Tube, seems to have some pretty damned good instincts.
If we can get him in the mid rounds, I think it would be awesome.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Watching Adderly's tape, it's easy to see a little bit of ET in his game. Perhaps not quite as fast as ET in long speed, but still a quick reactor and a better and more sure tackler. Adderly is arguably the best single high free safety prospect in this draft. He looks the most like ET when you see him flying into frame from a distance and destroying the receiver with a sure tackle. It's been said in the past that ET was essential to the Seahawk defense, if so, this Adderly kid could very well be a viable replacement and a big improvement over Tedrick Thompson (still good as a B/U).

-IMO- IF, the Seahawks trade down into the top of the 2-nd round and Adderly is still on the board, he COULD become a Seahawk with that pick, replacing ET & TT - assuming their targeted DL guy(s) are gone & they have viable targets for their other positions of need later in the draft. Because of the nature of the "passing league", pass defense is both important and necessary - so DB's & pass rushers are all important elements of a successful team. The Seahawks first selections in the draft need to be a pass rusher -or- a FS/DB to upgrade those positions. Because there is only one FS that would go in the first 40 +/- picks & numerous DL prospects that lasts through the first 100+ or so picks, FS, would seem to be a logical selection as their first pick in the draft after their major trade downs. Although, I wouldn't completely rule out a really good WR or TE with their 1-st pick.

:smilingalien:

hawkfan68

Reaction score

knownone

Reaction score
He looks like a better corner prospect on tape than safety.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tical21":ex39t8j3 said:
Matty Brown breaks down whether he is a fit or our defense.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/1/31/18 ... ape-all-22

From that article:

Schematic mirage

I feel, though, that the hype with Adderley has descended into an uncontrollable overdrive that is ignoring important contextual factors and flaws in his game....but this isn’t center field stuff.

Delaware, at times, even shaded Adderley’s middle of field assignments strongly to one side.

FCS comp

Observe just how terrible the arms of FCS quarterbacks are in every facet....he got away with biting on double moves, getting too upright in his pedal...