Dysfunction at USC

JSeahawks

Reaction score
So who knows how much of this is true, but it comes from a USC insider. Pretty damning stuff. Still amazed they held on to Helton. Reminds me of the Helfrich era at Oregon. He's probably a good dude. Probably really good with x's and o's. But in way over his head as a head coach.

Maybe before Graham Harrell officially sets up in Kliff Kingsbury’s old office, there are some things he should know:

Does he know three of four team captains asked Clay Helton to start Jack Sears over JT Daniels? And Helton said, “my hands are tied.”
Does he know Tee Martin tried to discipline a starting wide receiver during the 2017 USC-UCLA game by taking him out and Helton overruled him?
Does he know a player took off his uniform before the 2018 USC-Notre Dame game because he was upset he wasn’t going to start and refused to play?
Does he know the refs at the 2018 USC-Notre Dame game told Helton at least twice there were not enough men on the field for special teams plays?
Does he know two football staff members (not coaches) were disciplined for appearing to be drunk on the sideline this season?
Does he know a USC player told an assistant coach he would beat him up on the sideline of the 2018 USC-UCLA game because the coach reprimanded the player for committing a penalty?
Does he know Helton secretly called plays while maintaining Tee Martin called every play?

https://insideusc.blog/2019/01/31/usc-m ... m-harrell/

HawkGA

Reaction score
The not enough men on the field point should be easily verifiable by watching the game replay . . . . which I have no desire to do, but I'm sure somebody, somewhere does.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":keh85cen said:
So who knows how much of this is true, but it comes from a USC insider. Pretty damning stuff. Still amazed they held on to Helton. Reminds me of the Helfrich era at Oregon. He's probably a good dude. Probably really good with x's and o's. But in way over his head as a head coach.

Maybe before Graham Harrell officially sets up in Kliff Kingsbury’s old office, there are some things he should know:

Does he know three of four team captains asked Clay Helton to start Jack Sears over JT Daniels? And Helton said, “my hands are tied.”
Does he know Tee Martin tried to discipline a starting wide receiver during the 2017 USC-UCLA game by taking him out and Helton overruled him?
Does he know a player took off his uniform before the 2018 USC-Notre Dame game because he was upset he wasn’t going to start and refused to play?
Does he know the refs at the 2018 USC-Notre Dame game told Helton at least twice there were not enough men on the field for special teams plays?
Does he know two football staff members (not coaches) were disciplined for appearing to be drunk on the sideline this season?
Does he know a USC player told an assistant coach he would beat him up on the sideline of the 2018 USC-UCLA game because the coach reprimanded the player for committing a penalty?
Does he know Helton secretly called plays while maintaining Tee Martin called every play?

https://insideusc.blog/2019/01/31/usc-m ... m-harrell/

This is what happens when you spend too much time on fan boards. Insider? Right, there is so much BS spread across these boards and a lot of it is by you. What was the last one? Oh yeah, the Jimmy Lake interview that never happened.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Virtually none of that is verifiable. No context and a bunch of he said - she said garbage. Having said that last year was a shitty season, SC is a team that expects to compete for championships every year. SC has an entitled Blue Blood fan base with expectations of greatness going into every season. So the dysfunction is being worn on their sleeves.

Looking at the transfer portal, word on McCoy is his girlfriend transferred to Texas, he followed. The receivers leaving I believe had a combined 3 catches last year. The Linebacker had some significant disciplinary issues. The safety got hosed by an overzealous Title IX type of witch hunt, he was ultimately cleared but the damage was done. Then of course there's the Kingsbury deal, screw him, do SC dirty then go to a Hawk opponent, I hope he gets torched.

sc85sis

Reaction score
That’s Scott Wolf’s blog. He is a USC alum who hates the football program. I actually have wondered if he got stuffed into a trash can by football players as a kid because he goes out of his way to rag on the team and has done so for years. He used to be a “reporter” for a couple different local newspapers but reportedly got fired last year.

There may be kernels of truth to some of that, but anything he says is going to be slanted to be as negative as possible.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't follow the insinuation that the head coach's hands were tied on a personnel situation. How could that even be possible? What exactly is the author alluding to?

James in PA

Reaction score
And then there’s Lori Loughlin & her daughters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anajimmc

Reaction score
James in PA":3ubq6kgr said:
And then there’s Lori Loughlin & her daughters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's horrible that Helton recruited her to play Middle Linebacker.