Jim Leavitt fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It’s been coming for awhile. Never really got in line when Cristobal got the job over him. Heyward will be the new Dc.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1q8lginh said:
It’s been coming for awhile. Never really got in line when Cristobal got the job over him. Heyward will be the new Dc.

Hate this!

Smart move though.

I wonder whose Pac-12 coach Oregon will steal this time?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Kind of late in the cycle to doing something like that, isn't it? I mean, not so much that it's late to do a firing but gonna be tough to find a replacement.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":is97znat said:
Kind of late in the cycle to doing something like that, isn't it? I mean, not so much that it's late to do a firing but gonna be tough to find a replacement.

99% sure it will be Keith Heyward who’s already on staff. His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":u5z6dhi5 said:
HawkGA":u5z6dhi5 said:

99% sure it will be Keith Heyward who’s already on staff. His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.

It's his reward for getting Kayvon Thibodeaux.

Apparently, the duck's recruits were not aware that he was going to be replaced.

Does this open the door for players transferring as Bru McCoy to Texas?

I believe they do if Oregon was dishonest in hiding that from them.

There is considerable opinion that McCoy will be granted his waiver which would open the door for Oregon recruits to transfer as it is the same situation.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 128896558/

drrew

Reaction score
Guaranteed $1.7m a year through 2022. This is an expensive firing.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":e6r7m85i said:
His buyout $ became less January 31, which is a big part of the timing.

The buyout that reduced on 1/31 was if Leavitt was leaving for another job. The $1.7m a year through 2022 is fully guaranteed unless they're firing him 'with cause'.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":16vase94 said:
JSeahawks":16vase94 said:
HawkGA":16vase94 said:

Apparently, the duck's recruits were not aware that he was going to be replaced.

There is considerable opinion that McCoy will be granted his waiver which would open the door for Oregon recruits to transfer as it is the same situation.

Leavitt was not very involved in recruiting at all. He has not been shy about trying for various head coach positions.

D

DomeHawk

Allweatherfan":2hf0wsqz said:
DomeHawk":2hf0wsqz said:
JSeahawks":2hf0wsqz said:
HawkGA":2hf0wsqz said:

Leavitt was not very involved in recruiting at all. He has not been shy about trying for various head coach positions.

I thought it was obvious that I was responding to the last part of J's post where he said he was 99% sure it was Heyward who would be the new DC and, who DID recruit Kayvon Thibodeaux.

And, all this duck spinning of his fire is hilarious, Jim Leavitt got fired because he was a lousy DC, period.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":j1l4dwdv said:
Allweatherfan":j1l4dwdv said:
DomeHawk":j1l4dwdv said:
JSeahawks":j1l4dwdv said:

I thought it was obvious that I was responding to the last part of J's post where he said he was 99% sure it was Heyward who would be the new DC and, who DID recruit Kayvon Thibodeaux.

And, all this duck spinning of his fire is hilarious, Jim Leavitt got fired because he was a lousy DC, period.

He wasn't involved in the recruiting, so why would they want to transfer? You said it will open the transfer portal.

We still have the #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12 so the next DC is inheriting a great situation.

D

DomeHawk

Allweatherfan":1vrzuavv said:
DomeHawk":1vrzuavv said:
Allweatherfan":1vrzuavv said:
DomeHawk":1vrzuavv said:

He wasn't involved in the recruiting, so why would they want to transfer? You said it will open the transfer portal.

We still have the #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12 so the next DC is inheriting a great situation.

It's pretty obvious but you apparently have to have everything explained to you.

The players weren't told that he was leaving, they signed their letters of intent based upon having an experienced DC running the defense. Heyward might turn out to be good but he has zero experience actually calling the defensive plays. These players are then put in the position of risking their entire careers to someone that is an unknown quantity.

It's the same situation Bru McCoy found himself in at USC where the OC left and he was expecting that coach to be his OC. If he is granted a waiver by the NCAA and doesn't have to sit out a year this produces a precedent where any player who wasn't told a coach was leaving can transfer without sitting out a year.

As for yoiur last point, a great recruiting class can be completely wasted if you don't have the coaches who can develop and scheme, something the Oregon coaches have ZERO history of doing.

Until they prove that they are capable of that I wouldn't want my kid to go there.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dome, please show me a quote of an incoming player not knowing he was leaving, or even upset that he's gone, even a quote from a recruit saying that Jim Leavitt was in any way the reason that he came to oregon will do. Those of us who follow the team closely have known for quite some time that he wasnt coming back and that he was not involved at all in recruiting this incoming class. In fact he's been purposefully kept away from them. For the last 3 months before signing day Leavitt has been making a tour through the JUCO's. He never even stepped foot on a high school campus.

On signing day every coach on Oregon's staff was at alumni events in either Portland, Salem, Bend or Medford. Every single coach stood up and talked to the alumni about recruits... except for Leavitt, he was in Medford, but did not speak. He has no relationship with them.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2pqcueyk said:
As for yoiur last point, a great recruiting class can be completely wasted if you don't have the coaches who can develop and scheme, something the Oregon coaches have ZERO history of doing.

I love how you point this out in nearly every post that you make. Then when we talk about the Oregon vs Washington game this year you repeatedly say that Oregon didnt really win, they just won because UW was outcoached.... Simply brilliant.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":kadk0jqu said:
DomeHawk":kadk0jqu said:

I love how you point this out in nearly every post that you make. Then when we talk about the Oregon vs Washington game this year you repeatedly say that Oregon didnt really win, they just won because UW was outcoached.... Simply brilliant.

It's become clear that facts are only acceptable when they support his opinion. :roll: oh well, moving onward and upward

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":vntyeeue said:
Dome, please show me a quote of an incoming player not knowing he was leaving, or even upset that he's gone, even a quote from a recruit saying that Jim Leavitt was in any way the reason that he came to oregon will do. Those of us who follow the team closely have known for quite some time that he wasnt coming back and that he was not involved at all in recruiting this incoming class. In fact he's been purposefully kept away from them. For the last 3 months before signing day Leavitt has been making a tour through the JUCO's. He never even stepped foot on a high school campus.

On signing day every coach on Oregon's staff was at alumni events in either Portland, Salem, Bend or Medford. Every single coach stood up and talked to the alumni about recruits... except for Leavitt, he was in Medford, but did not speak. He has no relationship with them.

I read that in an article, I will look it up.

But, if they didn't intend to deceive, why did they wait until after national signing day to fire him?

And, my point wasn't ever about whether they should, or would, transfer but merely that if they upheld McCoy's petition it would create a precedent for Oregon, or any school for that matter, to transfer under the same criteria.

And, you know as well as I do that they weren't aware of his firing when they signed.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1zfkfed2 said:
DomeHawk":1zfkfed2 said:

That's not true and you know it. I didn't say that CP was outcoached, I said that Coach Petersen made a fatal game-day blunder, something he has done in several games this year and last.

I stand by my comment that the Oregon coaches do not have a history of good coaching, their record speaks for itself. Cristobal was hired because the kids petitioned the admin to hire him. And, in the last few years Oregon has sent very few high picks to the NFL. Case in point, Herbert, has he developed at Oregon? No, he has all the tools but continues to make the same exact mistakes. Will they get better? possibly, but as I stated, there is no record to support that at this point.

Every single recruit at Oregon based their commitment on faith, nothing else.

But for all your blather, I remember when you were telling us all that Jim Leavitt was the one of the top-5 DC's in the country and I told you that was a bunch of hooey. Then, how Taggart was building a national powerhouse, A "monster" if I remember how you put it. You told us all he was a great coach too, I questioned that one also. How did that turn out? I could go on and on about your ridiculous claims and outright falsehoods but I'll leave it at that for now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Im really interested in which university has the better cafeteria.

Followed by voracious counter arguments, then turn a 3 week point scoring contest.

D

DomeHawk

I can't even imagine what gourmet offerings are being supplied through the sweat-shop grapevine.

In my day it would have been a violation of NCAA rules to even feed walk-ons.

But I didn't suffer, living within walking/running distance of the campus in Ravenna, my mom fed me well.

What can I say, I'm a mommy's boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.