I want Zach Allen

ivotuk

Reaction score
He looks like a lumbering giant, but he I think he has great instincts, and just overpowers people. I think we could trade back, and still get him.

[youtube]mPnLhPVksMw[/youtube]

[youtube]3X0C1z0ySM8[/youtube]

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
ivotuk":1wyq7ap5 said:
He looks like a lumbering giant, but he I think he has great instincts, and just overpowers people. I think we could trade back, and still get him.

[youtube]mPnLhPVksMw[/youtube]

[youtube]3X0C1z0ySM8[/youtube]

Wow. Im keeping my eyes on this kid. Thanks Ivotuk.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I've noticed, more so this year, that many of the DL guys I've studied that have promising statistical seasons are really "fools gold". By that I mean that even though their total stats are appealing, when you watch tape, they maybe win 2 - 3 times a game to get their TFL's & sacks and they are invisible for many snaps a game. Allen is a guy I watched right after checking out other DE's & the difference was significant. Allen at least is very disruptive and does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up on a stat line. Allen could be a very good get for the Seahawks & I would think he'd be a viable target after a trade down along with perhaps others like Tillery & Omenihu.

:smilingalien:

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I would love this pick. With all of the big name guys out there, and Allen playing at BC, he might even slip to the second. We will see after this weekend, though. Him, Reed, Clark and Poona, now we are starting to talk about a scary unit.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dang Combine....

From Rob Staton's blog:

All of the names above have +33 inch arms. The Pete Carroll Seahawks have never drafted a defensive lineman with sub-33 inch arms.

It’s a really appealing list. Many of the players above also posted an impressive 10-yard split:

John Cominsky (1.62)
Rashan Gary (1.62)
Zach Allen (1.65)
Anthony Nelson (1.65)
Jerry Tillery (1.71)
Trysten Hill (1.74)
Renell Wren (1.75)

There’s certainly no correlation here like we see with the consistently strong short shuttle times.

Even so, here’s how the DT’s and inside/out rushers ranked for the three-cone:

Anthony Nelson — 6.95
John Cominsky — 7.03
Rashan Gary — 7.26
Zach Allen — 7.34
Jerry Tillery — 7.45
Charles Omenihu — 7.48
Daniel Wise — 7.53
Kingsley Keke — 7.55
Renell Wren — 7.65
Trysten Hill — 7.70
Dre’Mont Jones — 7.71

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

nanomoz

Reaction score
I want Allen and Charles Omenihu.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Looking at Rob Staton's Mock the other day and saw this:

#52 Pittsburgh — Zach Allen (DE, Boston College)

That would absolutley kill me! It seems like every other year there's a defensive guy that I really like, Seattle passes on him, Pittsburgh takes him, and he turns out to be great! I hope that doesn't happen this year!

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/new-two-ro ... cy-edition