Charles Omenihu DL, Texas Longhorns 6'6" 274#

ivotuk

Reaction score
Looks like he's listed as a 2nd round prospect, but might fall to the 3rd. I like the looks of the guy, the way he plays, and his attitude towards the game. He could have come out last year, but instead, returned to UT Longhorns.

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah lists Texas DE Charles Omenihu as one of the five stars at the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Omenihu (6'6/274) "has the physical traits that you love" but Jeremiah loved his effort throughout the week. The analyst continues to say he's not a finished product, but it sounds like Omenihu is worth developing and has the mentality to improve his skills. After an impressive week at the Senior Bowl, Omenihu is shaping up as a Day 2 candidate depending on his NFL Combine results.

Source: NFL.com
Jan 27, 2019, 12:31 PM

The Draft Network's Jon Ledyard believes that Texas senior DE Charles Omenihu has a chance to secure a top-50 selection with a strong performance at the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Ledyard thinks we could be about to see a groundswell of hype around Omenihu, who logged 43 tackles (16.0 for loss), 9.5 sacks and a forced fumble during the regular season. If you want a sneak peak of the standout defensive end, tune into the Sugar Bowl

Source: The Draft Network
Jan 1, 2019, 5:30 PM

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-footb ... es-omenihu

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Get-off/Burst Eye-popping burst out of a 3-point stance on long/late downs, screaming off the edge with unbelievable quickness and long strides to eat up the arc. Can legit corner despite his size due to exceptional get-off and the ability to carry that speed upfield. Works often from a 4-point, frog stance and still shows the ability to react very quickly to his opponent’s movement off the snap, winning early control of the rep.

Competitive ToughnessViolent and physical in his demeanor. Rare ability to combine power with finesse on the field. Hustles all over the field and does not take plays off.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/05/ ... s-omenihu/

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Missouri quarterback Drew Lock didn’t hesitate when asked which NFL draft prospect at the Senior Bowl (quarterbacks excluded) has impressed him most this week.

“I mean, the Texas defensive end has hit me multiple times in my life,” Lock said of the Longhorns' Charles Omenihu. “Yeah. He’s a pretty good ballplayer.”

Lock would know.

He remembers how Omenihu capped off the Texas’ 33-16 bowl win over Missouri in 2017. Omenihu exploded off the line of scrimmage with 17 seconds left to play, beating right tackle Paul Adams, downing Lock and sending the ball flying into a Texas teammate’s hands.

Longhorns DE Charles Omenihu strip-sacking Missouri QB Drew Lock before they became #SeniorBowl teammates pic.twitter.com/7lwnNxvQsa
— Jori Epstein (@JoriEpstein) January 24, 2019

“A good way to end my junior year,” Omenihu told USA TODAY Sports Wednesday night from the Senior Bowl. “Dude got swag, you know what I’m saying. But I did get to him.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 664144002/

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Omenihu was a big part of Texas’ success on the defensive side of the ball.

He set career bests this past season in sacks, tackles for loss, and tackles. He was a force on the defensive line and made big strides from his junior to senior season as far as developing his technique, pass rushing moves, and quickness.

He won the BIG 12 Defensive Player of the Year award this past season.

What’s going to separate Omenihu from his peers is his body type and length which lends itself to both even and odd schemes. That versatility fairs well for him a player who can both pass rush and play the run.

Combined with his above average athleticism for the position he’ll likely be a riser this draft season.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/1/22/181 ... -technique

kf3339

Reaction score
His combine results were very strong for his size and now on my radar for our first pick in the draft. Put him next to Reed at the 3tech position and in a year or two he will be 300lbs of dominant play.

I can see a line of Clark, Reed, Ford and Omenihu for base add in Martin and/or Greene on passing downs. We would have the makings of a real strong front 7 with Wagner and/or Wright/Kendricks.