PK-Rolan Alcobendas, Eastern Washington, 6-0/180

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
PK-Rolan Alcobendas, Eastern Washington had a great year, 16 for 16 (100%) on FG's, missed only 1 XP & did well as full time punter with a nice average (low 40's) with a long of 78. Sounds like an added plus if he was an active B/U punter as well as the place kicker. He needs to add muscle mass and get into advanced conditioning and his leg strength would surely improve. Sign as a Priority UDFA maybe? At least a local guy they can workout & get a good feel for.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/20 ... ars-radar/

:smilingalien:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I like your thinking, but I think we need to invest a 6th round pick at a minimum in a kicker. Otherwise, someone will beat us to him.

Every team in the league saw how Greg Zeurlein kicked the Rams in to the Super Bowl, and after the performance of our punter, and where we picked him, I think teams are going to see the importance of the kicking game.

2017 could have been a playoff season if not for Pete's screw up kicker selection process.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Draftek.com lists 13 place kickers, #13 ranked in the 350's overall & Alcobendas isn't even listed at all, other big boards I've seen are the same. IMO- It's appropriate for an FCS player from a small school in South Alaska to be "lost in the shuffle". I'd also submit that with only 4 picks going into the draft that the team will have other positions in mind over the PK position.

I really expect the Seahawks to sign a veteran free agent PK (or two) PLUS bring in as many UDFA PK's as possible and have them all compete for the job. If, they end up with a 6-th round pick, I think they'd more likely use it on several other positions before considering a PK. That is a great round to get undervalued developmental players with upside.

:smilingalien:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Very true. I guess I"m just gunshy.

It seems that EVERY year, Pete makes a colossal mistake on some personnel decision, and it costs this team wins and other valuable players.

Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, Blair Walsh, SeaBass. Who will it be this year? My guess is that he'll somehow let Mychal Kendricks get away.