2019 Combine Paticipants

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here is a useful link which if updated as it appears could be will be a nice resource to understand who these guys are and what their physical attributes are such as 40 speed, arm length, short shuttle speed, number of lifts, etc., etc.

The commentaries are very interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants ... 07401743=1

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
See also:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =558724154

Click on the underlined names for complete player info, click on attached links for full game tapes - all in one spot. Also, the testing numbers are added as they become available. Combined with the above NFL link referenced, almost all players are covered with all of their information in one spot. I highly recommend checking this google spreadsheet out, and thanks to someone's hard work & for creating, updating & sharing it with all of us draft-aholics. This is a great resource for fast access to all of the important data points on many, many prospects.

:smilingalien:

D

DomeHawk

So funny watching Brady at the combine on ESPN last night. He was off the charts horrible. 5.2 40 - etc.

He was not only a 6th rd choice, but he was the 2nd player NE chose in the 6th round!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tom Brady is a statue, like those Angel Statues on Dr Who. When you're not looking, they sneak up and obliterate you.

Just seeing that statue scares the hell out of people and causes them to "lose their shit."

D

DomeHawk

Kalen McGary is doing well, 2nd best standing jump, one of the faster 40's for an OL.

He should be positioned to go pretty high I think.

Edit: His measurables have been good but his arms aren't long enough.

With 32-7/8-inch arms, Kaleb McGary is under the 34-inch requirement a lot of teams have. With tackle only skill-set, but the arms of an interior linemen, teams will need to discuss what to do with him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":fffq5i7m said:
Kalen McGary is doing well, 2nd best standing jump, one of the faster 40's for an OL.

With 32-7/8-inch arms, Kaleb McGary is under the 34-inch requirement a lot of teams have. With tackle only skill-set, but the arms of an interior linemen, teams will need to discuss what to do with him.

Discussion from other thread, but what do you think Gaskins chances are of getting drafted?

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3b5e7j7a said:
DomeHawk":3b5e7j7a said:

Discussion from other thread, but what do you think Gaskins chances are of getting drafted?

I think he will get drafted but not in the early rounds. He ran a 4.58-40 so that didn't help, but his skills aren't really based on his speed. For a smaller back he is really tough and knows how to be patient and follow his blockers. I think he would make a good backup/rotational player on some team.

Displaying what a great athlete he is, his vertical, 3-cone, etc. were among the best: http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=friday

CPHawk

Reaction score
Justin Hollins has Seahawk 4th round pick written all over him. Pete would turn him into a solid LB for years here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Not really a fan.

He doesn't play that fast. I think he's a workout warrior. I'm a big fan of his teammate tho, AJ Brown.

mrt144

Reaction score
If it's true that he has 1.9% bodyfat he is in danger. Wouldn't draft him based on that and would seriously implore him to seek help.

D

DomeHawk

Byron Murphy doesn't help himself with a 4.55-40 although his other measurable's are pretty good.

Greedy Williams, although, establishes himself back in the #1 CB pick with a 4.37-40.

Starting to think Byron won't be drafted as high as some have predicted.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He’s really good at running I’m a straight line and posing with his shirt off. I don’t think he’s as good at playing football.

D

DomeHawk

mrt144":e9msmazy said:
If it's true that he has 1.9% bodyfat he is in danger. Wouldn't draft him based on that and would seriously implore him to seek help.

Correct, nothing to brag about when you are endangering your health.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
No he shouldn't.

Tape is more indicative of a 3rd round dude. Lack of agility really strengthens what you see in games. Not even a good route runner. Doesn't really attack the ball with consistency at all. Athletic freak but really has very little feel for catching the ball. Generally plays like he doesn't trust his hands.

This draft is sneaky good at WR. He's probably not even in the top 8.

Doesn't mean a team won't take him in the 2nd round. But it'll be on a 'we can fix him' basis. Not what he brings to the table in rookie mini camp.

D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":19po4kxh said:
Byron Murphy doesn't help himself with a 4.55-40 although his other measurable's are pretty good.

Greedy Williams, although, establishes himself back in the #1 CB pick with a 4.37-40.

Starting to think Byron won't be drafted as high as some have predicted.

Looks like his 40-time didn't hurt him that bad even though it might drop him a few spots.

"The Washington star didn't post an impressive 40 time (4.55), but he might've exhibited the best footwork and technique of any defensive back in the building. Murphy is smooth and fluid as a turner, and looks like an MLB center fielder in action. With Murphy impressing scouts and coaches with his football IQ in meetings, the playmaking corner could remain a Day 1 prospect despite his times."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... endingNews

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":30cx8ksj said:
"The Washington star didn't post an impressive 40 time (4.55), but he might've exhibited the best footwork and technique of any defensive back in the building. Murphy is smooth and fluid as a turner, and looks like an MLB center fielder in action.

I referenced this months ago. His time was about what I figured it'd be. He is not a great twitch type athlete like Earl was. Murphy's success comes via other traits. He looked exceptional in movement drills and catching drills. Probably top 5 in catching the ball for all DBs and WRs combined. Looked even better (a lot better) than I thought he would in that regard. And I expected he would do well.

The straight line speed will limit him. But his awareness/anticipation and ability to make plays on the ball will be what keeps him in the league.

It's hard to see us taking a FS convert project in the first round. And this class is far too deep in day two and three candidates for us to take him in the top 40 overall as is. However, it'll be interesting to see him run at his pro day. Earl Thomas clocked a mediocre 4.49 at his combine which was basically identical to Murphy. Then Earl ran a 4.37 at Texas' pro day. If Murphy can demonstrate a significant alternative time at his pro day, he could rekindle some consideration.

In my view, Seattle has unspoken desperate need at FS. I am familiar with Pete's public stance to the contrary. But Pete also has a subtle history of tipping his hand as far as his true convictions in this regard. The oddly out of place, over the top endorsements of Tedric Thompson despite the horror show of big plays surrendered, coupled with the virtual desert of plays on the ball -- strikes me as Nowakish. It just felt forced, unsolicited, contrived and contrary to what we saw with our own eyes. As if he were trying to convince us to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain of woeful failure.

D

DomeHawk

Attyla the Hawk":2xcdiaz2 said:
DomeHawk":2xcdiaz2 said:
"The Washington star didn't post an impressive 40 time (4.55), but he might've exhibited the best footwork and technique of any defensive back in the building. Murphy is smooth and fluid as a turner, and looks like an MLB center fielder in action.

I referenced this months ago. His time was about what I figured it'd be. He is not a great twitch type athlete like Earl was. Murphy's success comes via other traits. He looked exceptional in movement drills and catching drills. Probably top 5 in catching the ball for all DBs and WRs combined. Looked even better (a lot better) than I thought he would in that regard. And I expected he would do well.

The straight line speed will limit him. But his awareness/anticipation and ability to make plays on the ball will be what keeps him in the league.

It's hard to see us taking a FS convert project in the first round. And this class is far too deep in day two and three candidates for us to take him in the top 40 overall as is. However, it'll be interesting to see him run at his pro day. Earl Thomas clocked a mediocre 4.49 at his combine which was basically identical to Murphy. Then Earl ran a 4.37 at Texas' pro day. If Murphy can demonstrate a significant alternative time at his pro day, he could rekindle some consideration.

In my view, Seattle has unspoken desperate need at FS. I am familiar with Pete's public stance to the contrary. But Pete also has a subtle history of tipping his hand as far as his true convictions in this regard. The oddly out of place, over the top endorsements of Tedric Thompson despite the horror show of big plays surrendered, coupled with the virtual desert of plays on the ball -- strikes me as Nowakish. It just felt forced, unsolicited, contrived and contrary to what we saw with our own eyes. As if he were trying to convince us to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain of woeful failure.

40-times can be so misleading, often it can boil down to who has better track mechanics because it is a track 40-time, not a football 40-time.

Byron Murphy is a FOOTBALL player, anyone who gets him will be fortunate to have him.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/5/14 ... -yard-dash

https://www.mercurynews.com/2014/05/04/ ... important/