We need more draft picks

Chawker

Reaction score
Now we could do the conventional trade back in round 1 or trade out of the first round. But that wouldn't net us a top flight DE that we all know we truely need.

WHAT IF

I read today that the N.Y.Jets are interested in trading out of their third pick.

What if we offered Bobby Wagener to the jets straight up for the third pick. OK.... When you are done freaking out about how crazy ol Chawker is, then listen up.

We could still trade back two or three spots and get a Ferrell or Sweat, plus adding pick for later. Then at 21 go after a DT Lawence or Simmons. Our front four would be set.

BUT Chawker what about our pro-bowl LB?

Simple, like Bwag, we just find his replacement.

Compaired to what we lost last year we'll be fine, transitioning is all part of growth.

Ryan Connelly Wisconson 6'3" 240
Cheers

sutz

Reaction score
Somehow I doubt anybody would make that trade. They're going to want more than one older player for the #3 overall pick, pro-bowler or not. I wouldn't.

HawkGA

Reaction score
No.
I wouldn't be opposed to the Hawks trading away every pick this year and picking up more for next season. Trade every pick for one round earlier next season. I guess that leaves the first round pick to be used this year. Use it on pass rush.

getnasty

Reaction score
You'd need more then Wags for the 3rd overall pick, why would a team like the Jets that have to most amount of cap space not just sign a CJ Mosely and keep there 3rd overall pick. Obviously Mosely not as good but hes cheaper and doesnt cost you a 3rd overall pick.

Seafan

Reaction score
Pete has said a couple times already that the roster is deep. I think they like the way things are coming together and even if they could make trades to get 7 or 8 picks would it really help or be wasteful. Staying at 21 and drafting a quality edge is a strong possibility. That would mean the Hawks would then be waiting until the end of day 2 to pick or trade down. At that point there may be an enticing player the Hawks would like to add. Four picks may be enough this year. They could always use that to their advantage in signing UDFAs.

inda2o6

Reaction score
I would see if the Patriots want to move up to #21 by trading pick #32 & #73 in the 3rd round. Then i would trade that pick for some more picks later in the draft. Since John S. prefers to have more players at one less year, contract wise, rather then to have an extra year of a player under contract but have one less player to pick up. The points are pretty close from the walter football draft pick value chart The Sehawks might have to trade a future pick to equal it out. Its just an idea since the Pats have a bunch of picks this year. This depends on if New England wants to draft Gronks replacement and get TJ Hokenson if he were available.

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade arguably the best LB of this generation for a first round pick.

HawkGA

Reaction score
inda2o6":16jy5mot said:
I would see if the Patriots want to move up to #21 by trading pick #32 & #73 in the 3rd round. Then i would trade that pick for some more picks later in the draft. Since John S. prefers to have more players at one less year, contract wise, rather then to have an extra year of a player under contract but have one less player to pick up. The points are pretty close from the walter football draft pick value chart The Sehawks might have to trade a future pick to equal it out. Its just an idea since the Pats have a bunch of picks this year. This depends on if New England wants to draft Gronks replacement and get TJ Hokenson if he were available.

I'm sure a lot of it will depend on what players are available and what teams want them. Hopefully teams will be looking to move up. Pats definitely have the ammo. Just not sure if they'll have the need. Will a Gronk replacement be available at #21 who wouldn't be there at #32? I dunno. Tight Ends always seem a little funny in the draft. Not many teams seem to actually seek them out.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A draft day trade of Wagner would be a big shock, IF made while on the clock for pick #3 it could be a tempting trade if it also included a 1-st (or maybe even a 2-nd) round pick next year. Losing Wagner would be a big blow to the defense, but dependent on what players are available at pick #3, (perhaps even a direct replacement for Wagner after a small trade down), that would be interesting. The next year draft pick compensation adds significantly to this trade.

JS could probably turn that #3 pick into a boatload of middle and later round picks and end up with 10+ instead of just the 4 they have currently. It seems like there are a lot of decent players in the middle to later rounds of the draft this year. PC/JS would have to scratch their heads a lot on a tempting offer like that. But, it probably won't happen unless the Jet's really, really love Wagner. Possible, but not likely probable.

:smilingalien: