Jake Browning helped himself at NFL combine

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Jake Browning wanted to show off a stronger throwing arm at the NFL combine.

The league noticed.

Saturday, it popped—as well or better than it did in four seasons leading UW’s offense.

Tacoma-based NFL draft guru Rob Rang was among the many here at the combine who noticed.

NFL teams did, too.

“From a pure accuracy perspective, Browning was as good as any passer on the field during Saturday’s first quarterback session,” Rang wrote for his NFLDraftScout.com. “He threw the ball confidently and it came off his hand with as much velocity as at any point I’ve seen it during his four years as Washington’s starting quarterback.”

“A team looking for a quick distributor at quarterback will no doubt be intrigued by the smarts, accuracy and apparently improved arm strength from Browning,” Rang wrote.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/c ... 70979.html

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
He had 4 years to work on arm strength and there was no improvement. How does he suddenly get that 2 months after his senior season?

Would be shocked if he was drafted.

D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":2g1g12zc said:
He had 4 years to work on arm strength and there was no improvement. How does he suddenly get that 2 months after his senior season?

Would be shocked if he was drafted.

Jake demonstrated adequate arm strength his sophomore season. Following that he injured his shoulder to the extent that they actually had to shave parts of his bones. Shoulders take forever to heal, I know, I currently have one that is in its third year and still not resolved after surgery.

I have no idea whether he will get drafted or not but why downplay what sounds like a very successful report from the combine?