So, Kyler Murray #1 Overall

HawkGA

Reaction score
Is this happening? Seriously?

I agree if the head coach wants him, they shod take him. But really?

toffee

Reaction score
Kyler ain't Russ! Kyler has shorter arms 28.4" and smaller hands 9.4"

Russ has 31" arms, 10.25" hands
Drew Brees 6' - 31" arms, 10.25" hands
Jimmy Garoppolo 6'2" - 31" arms - 9.25" hands
Philip Rivers 6'5" - 31.25" arms, 9.25" hands
Aaron Rogers 6'2" - 32.25" arms, 10.13" hands
Andrew Luck 6'2" - 32.5" arms - 10" hands
Tom Brady 6'4" - 32.75" arms - 9.38" hands
Jared Goff 6'4" - 32.75" arms - 9" hands
Patrick Mahomes 6.2" - 33.25" arms - 9.25" hands

With such short arms, Kyler has a lot more to overcome. Russ and Brees got almost identical arm length and hand sizes.

naholmes

Reaction score
I think they are blowing smoke and trying to get another team to trade up for a QB.

Osprey

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...erly-murray-struggled-in-indy-rosen-available

"Well, he better hope Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good," Casserly said. "This was the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback, and I've been doing this a long time. I've probably been doing it longer than you're alive.

"Anyway, leadership -- not good. Study habits -- not good. The board work -- below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas and raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do. Now, people say, we're going to compare him to [Patrick] Mahomes, we're going to run an offense like Mahomes, we're going to run an offense like Baker Mayfield. Well, you can't. ... Those guys are much different. Those guys, you never question about their ability on the board, you never question about their leadership ability, their work habits, they were outstanding in those areas. This guy is not outstanding in those areas. It showed up in the interview."

Not encouraging.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I admit this has me somewhat fascinated. Like I said above, I do believe in getting the coach the QB he wants. Just because they drafted Rosen last year I don't think should condemn them to sticking with him. Too important of a position to take that approach with.

But what I saw of Murray in the CFB Playoffs was a player who ducked and flinched at oncoming defenders. He did settle down and played better, but still.

I don't know if the Cards are trying to drive up the price for the first overall pick. It's not a bad idea, in general, though I'm not sure this strategy will do it. It's not a great year to have the first overall pick. You want a year where there is a can't miss QB prospect who will drive up the price. This isn't that year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Wouldn't the cards just be driving up the price on the 2nd pick though? Or Josh Rosen?

Anajimmc

Reaction score
I'd love nothing more than to see the Cards strike out 2 years in a row. I guess their only consolation would be another first pick to waste next year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Osprey":g1kz4oad said:
Anajimmc":g1kz4oad said:
I'd love nothing more than to see the Cards strike out 2 years in a row. I guess their only consolation would be another first pick to waste next year.
Did Rosen really have that bad of year considering he played on a team where the head coach got fired?
http://www.nfl.com/player/joshrosen/2560858/profile

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG
Certainly wasn't anything to brag about.

Of course, all the ignorant, raucous tweetybird fans are claiming they have their QBotF. lol

Anajimmc

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3penfgvm said:
Osprey":3penfgvm said:
Anajimmc":3penfgvm said:
Did Rosen really have that bad of year considering he played on a team where the head coach got fired?

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG
Certainly wasn't anything to brag about.

Of course, all the ignorant, raucous tweetybird fans are claiming they have their QBotF. lol
Will he be on the team next year? If not there's your answer.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":hgfx59c1 said:
Is this happening? Seriously?

Nobody has any idea at this point. The draft is still almost 2 months away.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Osprey":37le78ev said:
Anajimmc":37le78ev said:

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG
Didn't Peyton set the record for INTs his rookie year?

I have no idea if Rosen is the answer or not. I do think there is something to be said for players fitting schemes.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
naholmes":1u70kf3f said:
I think they are blowing smoke and trying to get another team to trade up for a QB.

I think this is absolutely the case.

If not, who cares, it's just another stupid personnel decision by a divisional rival.

knownone

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3b3da665 said:
naholmes":3b3da665 said:

I think this is absolutely the case.

If not, who cares, it's just another stupid personnel decision by a divisional rival.
Even if this is the case, it's making Arizona look like a disaster of a franchise.