Saban: Absent Alabama LB Ale Kaho dealing with 'some issues'

HawkGA

Reaction score
The link takes me to some subscription page. Do you actually subscribe to Alabama news???

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":qjmz2klw said:
The link takes me to some subscription page. Do you actually subscribe to Alabama news???

On the 247 network if you subscribe to one teams site you get access to all of them. It’s pretty awesome. Unfortunately Oregon’s 247 site sucks bootie, so I let my membership go.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ffgo9s3y said:
So... whats the story then?

5 star linebacker who signed with UW coming out of high school. Decided he wasnt happy there and got out of his letter of intent before ever suiting up for the Huskies. Ended up at Alabama where he is now again having issues being happy apparently.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zy3hva5 said:
Uncle Si":1zy3hva5 said:

5 star linebacker who signed with UW coming out of high school. Decided he wasnt happy there and got out of his letter of intent before ever suiting up for the Huskies. Ended up at Alabama where he is now again having issues being happy apparently.

He wanted to be at UW but dad wanted him at Alabama ($$$). Had some rough family pressure with parents divorcing late in his HS years and mother and father having different ideas about what he should do/where he should go.

Tosh was his connection to Alabama, so with him leaving, and Alabama not really being his choice anyway, wouldn't be surprised if there is a transfer at some point.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
drrew":m4pl38bv said:
JSeahawks":m4pl38bv said:
Uncle Si":m4pl38bv said:

He wanted to be at UW but dad wanted him at Alabama ($$$). Had some rough family pressure with parents divorcing late in his HS years and mother and father having different ideas about what he should do/where he should go.

Tosh was his connection to Alabama, so with him leaving, and Alabama not really being his choice anyway, wouldn't be surprised if there is a transfer at some point.

You suggesting alabama offered actual money to his family?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1hlb2bls said:
drrew":1hlb2bls said:
JSeahawks":1hlb2bls said:
Uncle Si":1hlb2bls said:

I can't speak for him but what I think he was suggesting was the path to the NFL being better at Alabama. The real reason he changed his commitment was that he was too lazy to finish his academic reqs to qualify for UW's stricter admission policy.

drrew

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2tef9lh0 said:

Not necessarily the program directly, more likely a 3rd party/booster, but yes, the father received cash in return for Kaho ending up in Tuscaloosa.

That being said, when Tosh Lupoi was at UW, he was known to handle the cash payments directly, so I wouldn't put it past him for that still to have been his M.O. at Alabama.

There was a pretty interesting little web series "Foul Play: Paid in Mississippi" that dug into a specific case about how payments to HS recruits work.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

drrew":ynpydce3 said:
Uncle Si":ynpydce3 said:

Not necessarily the program directly, more likely a 3rd party/booster, but yes, the father received cash in return for Kaho ending up in Tuscaloosa.

That being said, when Tosh Lupoi was at UW, he was known to handle the cash payments directly, so I wouldn't put it past him for that still to have been his M.O. at Alabama.

There was a pretty interesting little web series "Foul Play: Paid in Mississippi" that dug into a specific case about how payments to HS recruits work.

Do you have any actual links to support these statements, I mean other than rumors?

Tosh Lupoi was accused of allegedly making cash payments for a Lynnwood HS student athlete to receive tutoring to qualify to attend UW, not to actually pay athletes to attend. Your inference suggests otherwise.

https://www.dailylocal.com/sports/the-n ... a5f4f.html

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

drrew":hr60284t said:
Uncle Si":hr60284t said:

BTW, the NCAA performed a quick investigation and neither Tupoi or UW were found in violation of NCAA rules.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfoot ... nded-down/