Linebacker draft prospects

vin.couve12

Reaction score
34 inch arms on this kid running 4.5 at 239. Plays violent like Kam, but is heavier. The length and skillset as an ILB should put him on the WLB radar for the hawks.

[youtube]QsnKGVBgIBM[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
33 inch long arms on this kid. 4.65 40, but plays faster and possibly crazy, which can be good.

[youtube]WdKj-YpW1Ak[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
More recognizable name now. Kid has almost 32.5 arms. 4.69 40. Roughly the same size as Luke Keuchly at 6'2 238, but with longer arms and not quite as fast, but also tougher in college, IMO. Can't find a recent vid though.

[youtube]5CunFfKYhZc[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Now the inevitable...we have lots of short armed LBs in this draft. This one's aren't quite as short and it a good athlete, valls to the wall tough guy, and tackle machine. May not ever be a full time player, bu5 core STer is a minimum for this kid.

[youtube]2YFTUrm5sgU[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Again, WLB prospects in this draft are mostly part t-rex, even if they are really good athletes. Many, many short armed kids up in here, but if you find em, post em.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Burr-Kirven has 31.88 inch arms. For reference, Keuchly has 31.0 inch arms. Burr-Kirven probably has a game closest to Keuchly, albeit shorter in height. I never really cared for Keuchly as a head up toe to toe backer for the middle and thought he would have been better being able to roam more free as a WLB, but that's what we're talking about for Burr-Kirven, or at least I am.

Point is, one is 6'2 238 with 31 inch arms and one is 6' 230 with 31.88 inch arms. Both lead CFB in tackles.

Yes, you read that right, Keuchly is the name that he is despite being underweight with t-rex arms. It's not a death sentence apparently, so it should remain considered for Burr-Kirven. Especially since Burr-Kirven beat his 40 at 4.56 and his 3 cone time at 6.82.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Best athlete of the 4 I listed is Burr-Kirven by SPARQ and what not, but I have a feeling that the Hawks will be really interested in the measurbles of Okereke even though Burr-Kirven is the heady type that cab play right away. Will depend on their draft slot, I would imagine.

sc85sis

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1lxlfr1g said:
More recognizable name now. Kid has almost 32.5 arms. 4.69 40. Roughly the same size as Luke Keuchly at 6'2 238, but with longer arms and not quite as fast, but also tougher in college, IMO. Can't find a recent vid though.

Cam isn’t all that fast. He has injury history. But he’s a very smart and instinctive player. I suspect if he gets drafted it will be in the later rounds because of the first two points.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
sc85sis":38o0h69c said:
vin.couve12":38o0h69c said:

Cam isn’t all that fast. He has injury history. But he’s a very smart and instinctive player. I suspect if he gets drafted it will be in the later rounds because of the first two points.
Definitely later rounds if at all. However, he tests out as a better athlete than KJ, for instance, so it's not a death sentence.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Nothing more overrated in FB than arm length.

Watch them play

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
No way. It changes the mode of attack for a LB, particularly when facing an OL in your gap. Some longer armed and more powerful LBs like Wagner are able to stay gap sound because they can tangle with said OL. Others' games are very different. Keuchly, for instance, cannot. He is a go around LB and has to be protected or beat angles, where the latter often takes them out of their gap.

There is a ratio though. Having both short arms and lacking power at the POA dictates modality. However, having shorter arms while also being quite powerful at the POA mitigates that somewhat and vice versa (OL hold basically every play), but the point is that you set paramaters AND look at the tape. You don't set out to "settle" in any one area.

If you want to anty up on a LB you like though then all the better for the thread.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":25ohimlc said:
My feeling is that with the Kendriks and KJ signings were looking at next year for LB
Welcome back! :2thumbs:

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Largent80":jgkho7ai said:
My feeling is that with the Kendriks and KJ signings were looking at next year for LB
Could very well be right. I think we have 9 LBs right now, assuming Kendricks can play, but that as well as cuts/signings can change things. UDFA stuff definitely will.

Smellyman

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1ityk4j9 said:
No way. It changes the mode of attack for a LB, particularly when facing an OL in your gap. Some longer armed and more powerful LBs like Wagner are able to stay gap sound because they can tangle with said OL. Others' games are very different. Keuchly, for instance, cannot. He is a go around LB and has to be protected or beat angles, where the latter often takes them out of their gap.

There is a ratio though. Having both short arms and lacking power at the POA dictates modality. However, having shorter arms while also being quite powerful at the POA mitigates that somewhat and vice versa (OL hold basically every play), but the point is that you set paramaters AND look at the tape. You don't set out to "settle" in any one area.

If you want to anty up on a LB you like though then all the better for the thread.

especially when facing scrub Olineman like Joe Thomas and his trex arms

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":swluez69 said:
Best athlete of the 4 I listed is Burr-Kirven by SPARQ and what not, but I have a feeling that the Hawks will be really interested in the measurbles of Okereke even though Burr-Kirven is the heady type that cab play right away. Will depend on their draft slot, I would imagine.

Can we have both?