4 or more

Will the Seahawks stand pat with their 4 picks or add more?

• They enter draft with 4 picks and leave with 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They add one additional pick with a trade somewhere and end the draft with 5

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • They trade out of the first and gain 2 picks for a total of 6

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • JS goes trade crazy and they pick 7 times

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Something crazy happens and they double their picks

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With the draft a month away,what’s the feeling on number of picks? This is not a mock poll but rather a pick accumulation poll. JS/PC have traded for more picks every year that I can remember. I doubt this year is any different. The only question in my mind is how many they actually gain.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
They will trade down twice and out of the first round. I predict 7 picks, possibly more if they continue to trade down in later rounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is a pretty week QB class, postering and positioning for who gets who and what value they put on them is going to be the key, you have teams already talking about trading back in the top end. Now it's those teams trading back hoping to land a certain player we will see shuffle more as the board gets rearranged and teams wanting the same player makes moves to leap frog a team that thought they had positioned themselves correctly. Say 5 QB's taken in first 15, then blue chip guys say 10 of those that puts us in the shuffle for key players for a team or best of the rest at 21. Teams will move there.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":110i8kl8 said:
They will trade down twice and out of the first round. I predict 7 picks, possibly more if they continue to trade down in later rounds.

I agree with Trrrrrrrroy here. While a couple low picks could be bundled to move back up, I would guess that at the end of the day, we'll have had 7 picks to play with.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Keep in mind that we have been known to package picks to move UP in the draft order.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think 6 or 7 picks in the end and I'm leaning more towards 6. I think we will be a very attractive proposition for UDFAs considering the lack of draft picks. Every cloud etc...

sutz

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2g7bwkkf said:
Trrrroy":2g7bwkkf said:

I agree with Trrrrrrrroy here. While a couple low picks could be bundled to move back up, I would guess that at the end of the day, we'll have had 7 picks to play with.
Yeah, that is my guess.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3n1hd9fd said:
I think 6 or 7 picks in the end and I'm leaning more towards 6. I think we will be a very attractive proposition for UDFAs considering the lack of draft picks. Every cloud etc...
Pretty much what I think will happen.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I voted for 6 picks, but in fact I'd be happy with 4 if they are all good picks.

I doubt they pick at 21 or even in the 1st rd., but trade back and acquire 2 additional picks.

I still suspect we might see a surprising trade of a major player and his contract during the draft or before, which may allow a revision of the need to trade back, while allowing them to keep the 1st rd. pick.

Ultimately upon reflection I'm just guessing.

getnasty

Reaction score
Trade down, Trade down and then trade back up for a total of 6 picks

titan3131

Reaction score
As we get closer and closer... I think we might trade frank to the colts who have the cap space. And trade back a few times.

Largent80

Reaction score
Remember, they can trade next years comp picks this year and possibly gain picks that way. The middle of this draft is this years meat and potato's rounds and in the JS stomping ground.

That 3rd and 4th are attractive trade bait this year. Pick #21 isn't all that good this year, unless there is a team in love with a player there (including the Hawks)......They need WR, possibly TE and S/CB.

drrew

Reaction score
Largent80":3syf52rt said:
Remember, they can trade next years comp picks this year and possibly gain picks that way.

No they can't.

Next years Comps won't even be awarded until February 2020.

They'd have to trade their own picks, and trading away future picks is almost always a bad idea.

HawkGA

Reaction score
JS talked about of course they will try to trade down but you never know if a player you love is sitting there. Sure, JS, sure.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think it's very possible they stick at 21 this year if a Rashan Gary falls. It's likely that JS trades some 2020 capital for 2019 picks, as well, considering the 2020 draft is sitting at (I believe) 11 picks including the comps.

He wants picks in this draft. JS is on record saying it's loaded with more talent than any other he's seen. I expect him to come out with 7+ somehow.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think the question is now becoming, do they gain additional picks from trading down or from trading Frank Clark?

sutz

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":li2ai2y0 said:
I think the question is now becoming, do they gain additional picks from trading down or from trading Frank Clark?
Probably yes. :twisted: