A few unlikely WRs

toffee

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/282 ... -receivers

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Donald Parham
I don't see much future in him being a NFL TE, not sure he got the frame/built and too much to learn on how to block. He could however, be a niche WR, he is a taller and longer but less talented version of Jimmy Graham, Of course, Parham could just be another Tanner McEvoy, or worse. But Parham has better measurable than McEvoy, 2" taller, 4" longer arms, 2.5" more on vertical jumps (36" vs 33.5"), almost an inch bigger hand 10.5" vs 9.75".

Parham: 6'8", 243lbs, 36" arm, 10.5" hand, 36" vertical jump
Graham: 6'6", 260lbs, 35" arm, 10.5" hand, 38.5" vp
McEvoy: 6'6", 222lbs, 31" arm, 9.75" hand, 33.5" vp

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/donald-parham
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/donald-pa ... bd9dc45f5f
https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2018/1 ... -parham-2/
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tanner-mcevoy/[/quote]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hunter Renfrow, Clemson
Darron Cummings/Associated Press
STRENGTHS
—Has strong hands despite their small size (7⅞") and does a great job of concentrating on the ball and securing it.
—Productive slot receiver at Clemson who played his best in big games.
—Able to use football IQ to separate from much faster/quicker defensive backs.
—Willing and able to put his body in harm's way to make the catch—whether it be low, high or to the side.
WEAKNESSES
—Limited to playing the slot, and underneath routes will hurt his draft status.
—Won't create much after the catch.
—More quick than fast and doesn't have vertical ability. Almost solely an underneath target.
—Small target (5'10", 184 lbs) who will need an accurate quarterback given limited size and arm length (29⅛").
OVERALL
Hunter Renfrow is a typical slot receiver who won't offer much over the top but will dominate underneath. He has some of the surest hands in the draft. What he lacks in speed and size, he will make up for with grit and determination.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gary Jennings, West Virginia
Michael Conroy/Associated Press
STRENGTHS
—Uses his body to shield defenders and keep them on his back hip; savvy, smart route-runner.
—Fast enough to work the seam and stretch defenses.
—Special teams player with good size (6'1", 214 lbs) and speed (4.42 40), and a team-first attitude.
—Can turn a short catch into a big gain with good open-field speed and athleticism to make defenders miss.
—Strong body to run off and shield defenders from the ball.
WEAKNESSES
—Lacks lateral quickness at the line of scrimmage and is more straight-line fast.
—Robotic in routes and gives away his breaks and transitions.
—Gets jammed up on the outside and must work on cleaner releases.
—Gets lost in the red zone (one touchdown his junior year)
OVERALL
Gary Jennings has the physical traits to play outside receiver, but he's struggled to get off press coverage and create separation on the outside. Jennings will be most effective in the slot, where he can use his body and strong hands over the middle. While his 40 time was impressive at the combine, he hasn't shown that speed on the field.

Terry Godwin, Georgia
Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
STRENGTHS
—Seasoned route-runner. Good balance in routes keeps defensive backs on his back hip.
—Makes up for lack of long speed with short-area quickness.
—Catch radius is limited but makes up for it by being a hands receiver.
—One of the more productive Georgia receivers. No. 10 on the school's all-time receptions list.
WEAKNESSES
—Undersized at 5'11", 184 pounds and lacks strength.
—Gets beat up at the line of scrimmage due to small frame and limited power. Doesn't have the frame to add size.
—Struggles to make catches in traffic.
—Limited to underneath slot receiver, which will restrict the number of teams that target him.
OVERALL
Terry Godwin is a rare four-year starter from Georgia with an accomplished career. The undersized target struggled to play with strength and against press coverage, which will most likely result in his being a full-time slot receiver in the NFL. Fluid routes and football IQ will help him land, and stick, on a roster for many years.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of Hunter Renfrow and I hope someone signs him before the Patriots. The kid isn't big or fast but he is always open and always makes the catch. I don't know that I'd use a draft pick but Id have him on my speed dial for after its over.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3769dxbh said:
I have seen a lot of Hunter Renfrow and I hope someone signs him before the Patriots. The kid isn't big or fast but he is always open and always makes the catch. I don't know that I'd use a draft pick but Id have him on my speed dial for after its over.

I would like to have both Parham and Renfrow, preferably not use any draft picks or just 7th round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimsalabim

Reaction score
toffee":1qadzw5o said:
Chawker":1qadzw5o said:
Kavontae Turpin WR TCU 5 8 155
Sure he could endure in NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that size I’m sure that he can’t but our office seems to love the high risk guys so much that they might move up to draft him.