Seahawks first pick, You make the call.

Which side do you think they will go with the first pick?

• Offensive

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Defensive

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chawker

Reaction score
Seahawks select: Christian WilKerson DT Clemson. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I can also see them drafting a cornner with this pick.
Cheers

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Depends who's on the board but it will be EDGE or WR and those two positions will more than likely be addressed with our first 2 picks. Safety is another possibility if they have a specific player they really like. Those are the 3 positions Seattle will give priority in this draft. I think WR will be the first pick because of Doug's surgery and his ability to play 16 games is highly questionable right now, So to recap I think our first pick will be WR if not then EDGE or Safety. DT is a possibility but in the later round makes more sense to me but i'm strictly looking at this from a need POV .

James in PA

Reaction score
Kaleb McGary OT from Washington. The Hawks just made a huge investment in Russ. They’re going to do everything they can to keep him protected. They’ll address pass rusher and WR/TE later in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
James in PA":1lxpsl4t said:
Kaleb McGary OT from Washington. The Hawks just made a huge investment in Russ. They’re going to do everything they can to keep him protected. They’ll address pass rusher and WR/TE later in the draft.

Anything is possible but no one is predicting O-line early.

James in PA

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2d8vx6w2 said:
James in PA":2d8vx6w2 said:

Anything is possible but no one is predicting O-line early.
That’s why they’ll take him. The Seahawks always do the unpredictable.
;)
Seriously, we all know they are trading down. I can see them grabbing this guy with their first overall pick. They’re gonna get more serious than ever before protecting Russ with all that $ they just threw at him. They’ll move this kid to guard & he’ll be Fluker insurance.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1su2bnsw said:
Depends who's on the board but it will be EDGE or WR and those two positions will more than likely be addressed with our first 2 picks. Safety is another possibility if they have a specific player they really like. Those are the 3 positions Seattle will give priority in this draft. I think WR will be the first pick because of Doug's surgery and his ability to play 16 games is highly questionable right now, So to recap I think our first pick will be WR if not then EDGE or Safety. DT is a possibility but in the later round makes more sense to me but i'm strictly looking at this from a need POV .

I'm not disputing what you have said,but the Seahawks have sign two free agents at DE and I was thinking of a stud DT who can push the pocket in passing situations.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we trade back maybe twice.

Taylor Rapp is everything Pete likes, Smart and just makes plays and versatile, I think his speed in a straight line is a misnomer, he is fast on the field and would fall to about where we would pick.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'm hoping they can trade back twice to the early 2nd round. With that pick I'd like Terry McLaurin (WR, Ohio State) high character guy, athletic as hell, and an excellent special teamer or maybe Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (S, Florida) to take over nickel/flex to safety. Taylor Rapp would be good too. Be very interesting, have a feeling they grade a lot of players between their first pick and into the middle rounds similarly.

This is quite the deep safety class too, guys like Marvell Tell and Juan Thornhill might be more interesting to them in the middle rounds and feel they can wait to address the secondary then.

getnasty

Reaction score
mistaowen":f6o9rwry said:
I'm hoping they can trade back twice to the early 2nd round. With that pick I'd like Terry McLaurin (WR, Ohio State) high character guy, athletic as hell, and an excellent special teamer or maybe Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (S, Florida) to take over nickel/flex to safety. Taylor Rapp would be good too. Be very interesting, have a feeling they grade a lot of players between their first pick and into the middle rounds similarly.

This is quite the deep safety class too, guys like Marvell Tell and Juan Thornhill might be more interesting to them in the middle rounds and feel they can wait to address the secondary then.

I second the trade back and i second Chauncey Garder-Johnson. If there not able to move back i think they take there favorite DL weather its edge of tackle. My guess is that Frank Clark get moved for an early 2nd so pass rusher becomes a need.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Trade back, get Taylor Rapp and Zach Allen.

Offenses are going with the quick pass, and Zach Allen can get push in the middle to disrupt that.

Taylor Rapp will shut down those Rams sweeps. Nasir Adderley is my 2nd guy should Rapp not be available

For WR, Hakeem Butler Iowa State

Height 6' 5" Weight 227 lbs Arms 35 1/4” Hands 10 3/4”

40 Yard Dash 4.48 Bench Press 18 Vertical Jump 36.0 Broad Jump 128.0

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hakeem-bu ... b9abca1909

Read up on him

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/ ... em-butler/

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/4/9/1830 ... kins-today

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2019/03 ... nd-titans/

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/ ... em-butler/

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m glad I won’t have to sit through all the nonsense that first night of the draft. I plan on skipping it altogether knowing there’s a very good chance we won’t be making our first selection until Friday.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
The title to this is: " Seahawks first pick,You make the call " you CAN have them trading forward or back thats up to you. When I made my selection, I was thinking to myself about a player they really want yet either take him at 21 or lose him.

Trading back when we only have 4 picks makes scene in our scenario.

Cheers

knownone

Reaction score
Trade back.

Draft Parris Campbell. He looks like a Seahawks receiver.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I don't know who or what unit they will pick for but I'm pretty sure it won't be in the first round.

massari

Reaction score
Load up on DL early.

Being a team that relies heavily on defense and running the ball, picking defense early and WR in the 3rd-4th round is the way to go. Baldwin only had 600 yards and 5 TD's last season and still might be good to go.

Picks after trade down to around pick #30 and trading Clark for a 2nd:

1st DE
2nd DT
3rd DE
3rd WR
4th S
4th TE
5th CB

AgentDib

Reaction score
If we're just talking about our first selection then I think the most likely outcome is one of the following players depending on who falls in the draft and how far we trade down.

18 on offense
QB (0)
RB (0)
WR (9) N'keal Harry, Kelvin Harmon, Marquise Brown, Parris Campbell, AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Andy Isabella, Riley Ridley, JJ Arcega-Whiteside
TE (1) Irv Smith
OL (8) Cody Ford, Greg Little, Chris Lindstrom, Jawaan Taylor, Michael Deiter, Garrett Bradbury, Andre Dillard, Kaleb McGary

18 on defense
CB (0)
LB (0)
EDGE (7) Brian Burns, Clelin Ferrell, Rashan Gary, Montez Sweat, Jachai Polite, Chase Winovich, LJ Collier
DL (5) Christian Wilkins, Jerry Tillery, DreMont Jones, Dexter Lawrence, Jeffery Simmons
S (6) Nasir Adderley, Deionte Thompson, Juan Thornhill, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Johnathan Abram, Taylor Rapp
ST (0)

Toss up between offense and defense but for a single position my money is very slightly on WR.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Like most on this board, I believe that they will trade down at least once. The major question is what position will they choose first? IMO.....they will pick a WR if the one available is "special".

HawkGA

Reaction score
Vote looks like a 40/60 split for offense/defense (at least right now). I would be very surprised if it is offense. I think it will be Dline but I also think if it isn't Dline that it could be safety or corner. And that dline could be either EDGE or DT. On offense, the only position I could see them going is WR so I think from a simple number of options perspective, it's going to be defense.

So based on my track record of predictions, I'm guess what we will hear is:

And with their first pick in the draft, the Seattle Seahawks select an offensive player at a position other than WR.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The best pass rusher on the board. We need to restock and this year has some top talent. We win with great D and a powerful running game. WRs are not a key position for the Seahawks and Russell can make some WRs look good.