Rob Staton's latest Mock

ivotuk

Reaction score
If you don't already know the address by heart, or don't have it bookmarked, Shame On You! :)

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

#18 Minnesota — Cody Ford (T, Oklahoma)
#19 Tennessee — Clelin Ferrell (DE, Clemson)
#20 Pittsburgh — Byron Murphy (CB, Washington)

#22 Baltimore — Erik McCoy (C, Texas A&M)
#23 Houston — Chris Lindstrom (G, Boston College)
#24 Oakland — Dwayne Haskins (QB, Ohio State)
#25 Philadelphia — Brian Burns (EDGE, Florida State)

2_0_6

Reaction score
If those trades go down and leave N'Keal Harry on the board and pass him up when we pick, I am going to be one unhappy camper.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
TBH, I don't like him either. He body catches, and all of his highlights are against "meh" teams like Maryland, Northwestern, and iirc, Indiana.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":258avnn1 said:
TBH, I don't like him either. He body catches, and all of his highlights are against "meh" teams like Maryland, Northwestern, and iirc, Indiana.

My thoughts as well and he's only 6.0 i mean you can get guys like him in the 3rd and 4rth round. I think they could probably get him in the 3rd. In other words he's a good player but there's nothing really special about the guy .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm fine with the pick. Terry McLaurin is one of my favorite players in the draft - fantastic blocker, decent speed, amazing attitude. There are some weaknesses, but he fits the new Seattle draft model of getting strong, tough, reliable guys. He's definitely on the board. Not to mention, he's a great special teamer - Urban Meyer referred to him as possibly the best gunner that he's ever had over guys like Denzel Ward and Bradley Roby.

At that juncture, if I can't trade down AGAIN from 33, I probably would have gone with Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (who is on the board until 51 on that mock) but Terry fills a need and, while it is a little rich for him, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Far better than the Penny pick.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
If his current trajectory transfers to the NFL than he's a great pick at WR in the second round. He has good all around Sparq numbers and 4.35 is in the upper echelon of this class. He got better at Ohio State every year and really played well the second half of the season.. He played solid at the senior bowl got good reviews. He does seem like a Pete and John type of player and he has some polish coming from Ohio State. So i'd be fine with the pick depending on who else is available. Some i'm sure would rather have Hakeem Butler i'm not sure I agree and he has his issues as well but he has one thing Terry doesn't size. All that said if Parris Campbell is there i'm taking him over Terry or Butler.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2417r8i5 said:
I'm fine with the pick. Terry McLaurin is one of my favorite players in the draft - fantastic blocker, decent speed, amazing attitude. There are some weaknesses, but he fits the new Seattle draft model of getting strong, tough, reliable guys. He's definitely on the board. Not to mention, he's a great special teamer - Urban Meyer referred to him as possibly the best gunner that he's ever had over guys like Denzel Ward and Bradley Roby.

At that juncture, if I can't trade down AGAIN from 33, I probably would have gone with Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (who is on the board until 51 on that mock) but Terry fills a need and, while it is a little rich for him, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Far better than the Penny pick.

I respect your opinions, and I believe that time has proven a lot of the draft picks you liked, to be good. But on this one i think you're wrong.

I love Penny, and I'll bet you bragging rights, that Rashad Penny proves his worth compared to the other 2018 1st Round picks (minus Saquon), and that McLaurin does not play up to the value off an early 2nd Round pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ivotuk":27hvvc0q said:
Maelstrom787":27hvvc0q said:

I respect your opinions, and I believe that time has proven a lot of the draft picks you liked, to be good. But on this one i think you're wrong.

I love Penny, and I'll bet you bragging rights, that Rashad Penny proves his worth compared to the other 2018 1st Round picks (minus Saquon), and that McLaurin does not play up to the value off an early 2nd Round pick.

It's a deal. I can see this going either way - Penny flashed some big play ability last year that I didn't think would work in the NFL. If he keeps that going, then his selection looks a bit better - I just hate taking running backs in the first round the more I think about it.

I may well be wrong on McLaurin, but if his play speed doesn't drop and he cuts out a bit of the body catching, I think he's a smart and capable target who'll have a long career.