21st and 29th picks this year

mistaowen

Reaction score
With the Frank Clark trade going through, what do you guys think JS/PC will do with the picks and who is now an option? They can easily get a second round pick and more this year by moving either one, which makes more sense? They can also now package the 2020 2nd round pick to move up if there's a guy in the teens they want.

Guys like Gary, Ferrell, Sweat or Simmons are now realistic options at 21 but they could get more by moving this one and staying at 29. The real meat and potatoes of this draft I'd say are from 20-60 so I'd have to guess they'll be looking to get 3-4 picks in that range.

I'd be happy getting a top available pass rusher at 21, moving 29 back into the 2nd to get an extra 3rd or 4th and then taking Chauncey Garder-Johnson in the second to take over the slot or even FS. Then start filling out the depth in mid rounds. Or if possible, maybe moving from 21 to mid 20's.

Interested to see how it plays out and what everyone else thinks could happen.

sutz

Reaction score
Hell, trade them both. Stock up on 2d/3d day picks and go to town.

Trader John will be in his element.

:mrgreen:

(plus, it'll torture all of the folks who love the draft more than the games. :twisted: )

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
sutz":juk6hxap said:
Hell, trade them both. Stock up on 2d/3d day picks and go to town.

Trader John will be in his element.

:mrgreen:

(plus, it'll torture all of the folks who love the draft more than the games. :twisted: )

Honestly, just knowing there's a real possibility they'll make a first round pick this year has me excited to watch Thursday. It's weird going into every draft assuming they'll trade back from the late 20's once or twice and not pick til the next day.

That said, JS potentially getting multiple 2nd and 3rds probably has him all jacked up.

knownone

Reaction score
It depends on whose available. If a guy they like falls to them they’ll stay put.

sutz

Reaction score
knownone":1380a1k3 said:
It depends on whose available. If a guy they like falls to them they’ll stay put.
Yeah, probably. :mrgreen:

But I'd bet a dollar against a frosted donut that he'll trade at least one of them. ;)

Rat

Reaction score
Curious about Sweat who has reportedly seen his stock plummet lately. Could he be a realistic option for us, or are we looking at the next Shane Ray?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rat":3vxabi60 said:
Curious about Sweat who has reportedly seen his stock plummet lately. Could he be a realistic option for us, or are we looking at the next Shane Ray?

THAT, is a great question. I don't trust him. Stay Away!

DanieL Jeremiah

RANK -- 17 Montez Sweat, Edge Down 5 Spots School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior
Previous rank: 12

Sweat is a tall, long and athletic defensive end. As a pass rusher, he relies on a quick get-off and his length to pop/separate before bending around the edge to generate sacks. He doesn't show much snap/power on contact, but he still finds ways to win. His effort is excellent.

Against the run, he plays a little high and will get moved around by opposing tackles. He will improve once he learns to lower his pads. Sweat is much better versus tight ends. He has the agility to drop into the flat in coverage. Sweat needs to get stronger, but his combination of length, agility and production makes him one of the draft's top edge rushers.

However, off-field factors, including his dismissal from Michigan State and a heart condition, have the potential to keep him from going as high as his talent warrants.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -nfl-draft

Give me Celin Ferrel Please!!

RANK 19 Clelin Ferrell, Edge Up 3 Spots

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) Previous rank: 22

Ferrell has excellent size, length and power. As a pass rusher, he lacks an elite get-off, but he has an effective dip/rip move and can generate some knockback with his hands.

He has some stiffness at the top of his rush, but his effort is outstanding and he's a finisher once he gets to the quarterback. Against the run, he can hold the point of attack and does a nice job shedding blocks. Overall, Ferrell lacks elite athleticism, but I love his combination of size, effort and production.

knownone

Reaction score
sutz":3hz82z1f said:
knownone":3hz82z1f said:
Yeah, probably. :mrgreen:

But I'd bet a dollar against a frosted donut that he'll trade at least one of them. ;)
I'm with you on that, lol. We still only have 5 picks in this years draft.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rat":11b0gcuu said:

5. Montez Sweat (Sr., Mississippi St., 6-6, 260)

Highly productive career in the SEC (over double-digit sacks both seasons). Record-breaking 40-yard dash (4.41) made him the star of the NFL Combine. Heart condition and early transgressions during his time at Michigan State could keep him outside the top 10 on Thursday. Projected: 1st round

Athletic wonder with chronic injury and troubled history certainly checks all of Pete's favorite boxes for a high risk pick up.

3. Clelin Ferrell (Jr., Clemson, 6-4, 264)

Would have been a first round selection had he left school after his sophomore season. Most productive member of college's best defensive line. NFL-ready in almost every aspect of his game. Projected: 1st round

pray we take Ferrell if he is there!

CPHawk

Reaction score
We honestly need DE, DT CB and Safety. I hope this is a defense heavy draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF a guy falls down to them that they can't pass up on, take him at 21, then trade down at 29. Nice thing about having two 1st round picks, they don't HAVE TO trade down on both of them. Though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they do.
And it's no secret that Pete and John are a LOT better after the 1st round.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I honestly think they will trade them both down and out of the first round completely. Tons of analysis has been done on this and its a proven winner. More pics nets you a better chance of landing an impact player

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm all for trading back both picks. There are so many solid players who meet Seattle's athletic profile who will be available in rounds 2 thru 4. They could remake the defense and add a playmaker or two on offense. People who get caught up in selecting a first rounder do so under the assumption that Seattle will get the 21st or 29th best player, but we've seen over and over that Seattle values players so much differently and they have drafted players in the first white no one believed would be selected even close to that slot. Trade back to get value for those players.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The draft just got more interesting i'm not even going to try an predict who there going to take this year. They need an Edge rusher a WR , Safety and O-line help so we'll see who they take .

THE TABS

Reaction score
I think we DEFINITELY trade out of 21, preferably for a 2nd & 3rd.

If there’s more than one of our our targets still available at 29, then trade out of there if we can and get him in the 2nd.

I think we go edge rusher and receiver with our first two picks, whenever they may be. My dream is Ferrell at edge and Harry at WR.

Chawker

Reaction score
It would be nice to see a player fall to us at 21 that they just couldn't pass up the opportunity of making the selection. Like a 3 down DT that was capable of really pushing the pocket, ie Christian WilKerson, Dexter Lawrence or Jeffery Simmons.

Then trade back the 29th pick adding picks for the later rounds. :les:
Cheers

HawkGA

Reaction score
They should trade out so their first pick comes on a day Infinity War isn't premiering.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2w2iey7b said:
They should trade out so their first pick comes on a day Infinity War isn't premiering.

Too late. They took Rashad Penny on the day Infinity War came out.

D

DomeHawk

They will probably trade down but I would try to get our two biggest needs filled.

1. Edge rusher

2. Wide receiver

if you are paying a QB 35 million a year you better go out and get him some receivers. We can pay a guy considerably less to just hand off the rock.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":24qeywzy said:
DomeHawk":24qeywzy said:
They will probably trade down but I would try to get our two biggest needs filled.

1. Edge rusher

2. Wide receiver

if you are paying a QB 35 million a year you better go out and get him some receivers. We can pay a guy considerably less to just hand off the rock.

Can we put a cork in this rhetoric please, deal with it it's done.

My opinions are not rhetoric, they are my opinions.

If you don't have anything to bring to the discussion, might I suggest that you put a cork in your endless egotistical sarcasm.