Will you take Murray "if" he became available at #21?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Perhaps if Wilson hadn't just been extended, this might make sense. But it makes no sense now.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yes. Can't expect Russell to elude injury forever. Almost all QBs suffer a season ending injury at least once.

Murray won't last that long. But just think of all of the teams that picked 18-23 overall that passed on Rodgers. Set at the time at QB -- every one of those teams would have been better off taking Rodgers and putting him on the shelf.

Osprey

Reaction score
Gut says he's a bust due to a build that won't hold up to the pounding. 200# isn't his natural weight and 1/4 of that looks to be in his head.
GettyImages-1075815168-775x465.jpg

:greetingsearthling:

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't. Not because of how a view Murray as a prospect. I just think we have too many holes to draft a backup QB in the first round.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":24jlpa03 said:
I wouldn't. Not because of how a view Murray as a prospect. I just think we have too many holes to draft a backup QB in the first round.

Rypien, Browning, Minshew or someone of that caliber would be who I think we take a flyer on to back up Wilson in this draft if we even go after a QB, Lynch I do not think will be here opening day. Unless he can coin toss well :p

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2uv0d99m said:
RG III all over again I would roll with Haskins over him.

I really don't think Haskins will last that long, but once Murray fall out of top 5, it's free fall time. With that I don't it's nice for the Cardinals to play Murray like that.

Osprey

Reaction score
toffee":1hk3woej said:
I really don't think Haskins will last that long, but once Murray fall out of top 5, it's free fall time. With that I don't it's nice for the Cardinals to play Murray like that.
I don't think he actually drops. You don't hire a gimmick coach and then pass up a highly successful QB from that system. In for a penny, in for a pound (even if odds are it doesn't work).

Rat

Reaction score
Not unless he expresses some willingness to contribute in other ways to our offense. I do think he'll be a really good QB though, almost definitely for Arizona.