Northwestern Coach Pat Fitzgerald Rips Twitter Critics

ivotuk

Reaction score
This guy seems like a really cool dude, and great coach. How can you NOT like someone who is this quotable?

Northwestern Coach Pat Fitzgerald Rips Twitter Critics, Says His E-Mail Is ‘Hashtag I Don’t Care’

“I understand there are 40,000 experts on Twitter that can call plays for me. So, my e-mail address is hashtag I don’t care, okay? So, shoot that out,”

--Fitzgerald to the media in a video posted on Twitter by Dustin Schutte on Monday

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SchutteCFB/status/1176186751435644930[/tweet]

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Urban Meyer explain why Pat Fitzgerald blames technology hurting CFB

[youtube]E9h0Frrwzsc[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I actually think he’s wrong.

Had a highschool football coach tell me back in the dinosaur days tell me after being criticized by a parent that “criticism is part of the job” “and if I can’t handle it, I should be looking for another gig”.

Of course that was before Twitter, but no one is forcing him or anyone to go on Twitter.
Ignore the noise as they say.

When a play call doesn’t work it isn’t always because of lack of execution as a lot of coaches want you to believe, sometimes, a lot of the time it’s a bad play call.

It’s probably 50-50.

Sometimes you don’t have the proper personnel to run said play, but stubbornness and ego get in the way of good decision making at times. Maybe you’re too predictable in down and distance situations?

The best coaches can admit their own mistakes when they happen, keep their ego out of it, and learn from their mistakes.
The best coaches self evaluate and self scout after every game, along with their staff, and are honest about their own mistakes.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
One of the keys to success in life is to always have an open mind about the advice and criticism people give you. It's basically just information, and you can take or leave it, so at least consider it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Lots of social media is cringe but at the end of the day it's the coaching staff who's held responsible. Hush up and get good.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2njvpqok said:
One of the keys to success in life is to always have an open mind about the advice and criticism people give you. It's basically just information, and you can take or leave it, so at least consider it.

In this instance, thats,poor advice.

A highly paid college football coach should not only ignore fans on Twitter, but also have the common sense to not take the bait by acknowledging them.

He has lots of informed people who can offer him perspective.

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3vak158p said:
fenderbender123":3vak158p said:

In this instance, thats,poor advice.

A highly paid college football coach should not only ignore fans on Twitter, but also have the common sense to not take the bait by acknowledging them.

He has lots of informed people who can offer him perspective.

Agreed, all Coach Fitzgerald has accomplished is that he has a remarkable ability for stating the obvious.