Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacob Eason is just Jake Browning 2.0.

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Jacob Eason is just Jake Browning 2.0.
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:52 pm
  • He has more arm talent than Browning, but his accuracy and decision making are absolutely abysmal when he faces the slightest pressure.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Browning could run...

This game, however, changed with Utah's open field tackling. They are excellent, limited yards after catch and contact, then squeezed Washington.

Tough transitional year for the Huskies
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• SeatownJay wrote:He has more arm talent than Browning, but his accuracy and decision making are absolutely abysmal when he faces the slightest pressure.

Jake Browning with a gun.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Who's slated to be the QB next year for UW?
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Who's slated to be the QB next year for UW?

I was wondering the same. Eason could benefit from staying another year but he very likely won't.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I thought Eason was god, what happened?
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Who's slated to be the QB next year for UW?

I was wondering the same. Eason could benefit from staying another year but he very likely won't.

It's most likely Sirmon unless Morris has an unbelievable Spring. No way Eason comes back for another year and risks damaging his draft stock even more.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:

It's most likely Sirmon unless Morris has an unbelievable Spring. No way Eason comes back for another year and risks damaging his draft stock even more.

Screw his draft stock
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• No. Jake was much smarter than Eason. He just didn't have the arm Eason has. Eason is a mental midget. No pocket awareness and constantly makes bad decisions.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• SeatownJay wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:

Are you sure he's not already damaged his draft stock sufficiently enough that up is the only direction he could go if he came back?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• hawkfan68 wrote:No. Jake was much smarter than Eason. He just didn't have the arm Eason has. Eason is a mental midget. No pocket awareness and constantly makes bad decisions.

You just described Browning in your last sentence. Both have similar issues in processing pressure, both very slow at it.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• HawkGA wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:

Are you sure he's not already damaged his draft stock sufficiently enough that up is the only direction he could go if he came back?

Not really. People are going to fall in love with his physical attributes and try to justify his play this year by saying he was playing with a bunch of average linemen and receivers who dropped the ball a lot.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Jacob Eason is just Jake Browning 2.0.
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:46 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:He has more arm talent than Browning, but his accuracy and decision making are absolutely abysmal when he faces the slightest pressure.

Typical knee-jerk response following one bad game where he was actually very good in the first half.

It's what you get here on .NET.

This year is a disappointment but it wasn't exactly unexpected with so many starters leaving. Eason could return for another year. With so many good QB's coming out for the draft this year I think it might be the wise move.

You take the bad with the good.

Because: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Draftnics are betting he comes out, Mock I saw seen him going to the Bucs, but your right he should stay one more year.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I keep seeing a team that goes out and plays well until the 3rd and 4th quarter. Conditioning is bad maybe? Tired of Washington looking like the better team until late in the second half.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Eason isn't Browning 2.0.

Browning was a considerably better college QB.

Eason is physically gifted, much more so than Browning was, but he consistently makes it very difficult on his receivers with his velocity and ball placement. He has little to no touch. Every throw is a 102 mph fastball. Sooo many of his passes are just a bit too far behind his receivers, or a bit too far out in front, or a bit too high, or a bit too low. I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB that consistently makes it so damn difficult for his receivers.

He's also a complete and utter train wreck in the face of even the slightest pressure and he basically guarantees that he's going to lose an additional 5-10 yards every time he gets sacked with his slow motion spin backwards and to the left move that has literally never escaped a sack, ever.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:58 pm
  • Chapow wrote:Eason isn't Browning 2.0.

Eason is physically gifted, much more so than Browning was, but he consistently makes it very difficult on his receivers with his velocity and ball placement. He has little to no touch. Every throw is a 102 mph fastball. Sooo many of his passes are just a bit too far behind his receivers, or a bit too far out in front, or a bit too high, or a bit too low. I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB that consistently makes it so damn difficult for his receivers.

He's also a complete and utter train wreck in the face of even the slightest pressure and he basically guarantees that he's going to lose an additional 5-10 yards every time he gets sacked with his slow motion spin backwards and to the left move that has literally never escaped a sack, ever.

His biggest issue that I see and it’s a big one, is he is really slow at processing pressure, and has poor pocket presence.
    The “touch” thing on his passes is also concerning. Jake Locker struggled with that at the UW as well.

If he leaves after this year (which I think he will)
    He’ll get over drafted because of his arm and his status out of highschool.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:05 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Chapow wrote:Eason isn't Browning 2.0.

His biggest issue that I see and it’s a big one, is he is really slow at processing pressure, and has poor pocket presence.
    The “touch” thing on his passes is also concerning. Jake Locker struggled with that at the UW as well.

If he leaves after this year (which I think he will)
    He’ll get over drafted because of his arm and his status out of highschool.

He may have been over drafted based on his early season performance but he, like Herbert, has slipped.

At this point he may have slipped to the third round and Herbert to the second round.

Eason needs seasoning, if he stays another year he could be a top-5 pick. The difference between a 3rd rd and a top-5 pick is:

#5 pick 2018: 28 million.

#65-75 pick: 4.2 million.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• I may have been hasty in comparing him to Browning. Now I think Eason is this year's Josh Allen. Allen is 6'5" 233#, Eason is 6'6" 227#, so they're similarly built with strong arms. Allen's career comp% was 56.2 and Eason's is 59.2. Allen's career y/a was 7.8, Eason's is 7.1. Allen's career TD:Int ratio was 2.1:1, Eason's is 2.3:1. So both of them are imposing physical specimens with the arm strength that make's scouts drool, both of them also only managed to put up average stats in college. Allen ended up being the #7 overall draft pick in 2018 based almost solely on his physical attributes. I think a lot of NFL scouts will view Eason the same way and that even with this average-at-best year he'll still be a 1st round pick in 2020.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Eason is overrated $h!t much like the UW program in general.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:54 pm
  • getnasty wrote:Eason is overrated $h!t much like the UW program in general.

Queen of the kneejerk crowd. One mediocre year out the last few. 2 out of 3 Pac-10 titles in the last three yrs before this.

Has any Pac-12 team done as well?

Eason is projected 1st rd talent by people that actually know something about football.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Eason is overrated $h!t much like the UW program in general.

Queen of the kneejerk crowd. One mediocre year out the last few. 2 out of 3 Pac-10 titles in the last three yrs before this.

Eason is projected 1st rd talent by people that actually know something about football.

He's only a 1st rounder cuz NFL teams continue to throw darts at every decent QB in hopes of hitting the Russell Wilson jackpot. 1st round arm strength is alI see that's elite.
    And btw, Dawgs will win by double digits.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

He's only a 1st rounder cuz NFL teams continue to throw darts at every decent QB in hopes of hitting the Russell Wilson jackpot. 1st round arm strength is alI see that's elite.

Can't disagree but he has the best arm of ANY of the projected 1st round QB's.

It's worth a shot to see if he will develop.

There are no sure things in the NFL.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Can't disagree but he has the best arm of ANY of the projected 1st round QB's.

It's worth a shot to see if he will develop.

There are no sure things in the NFL.

But can he run for 800 or a 100 yards a season, Jackson is going to make teams start reaching hoping to strike gold there. Copy Cat league, that's if Jackson can survive the rest of the season, teams seem to hit harder at the end of the year and more so in the playoffs.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• DomeHawk wrote:

Jake Locker was a 1st round talent by people that actually know something about football.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Jake Locker was a 1st round talent by people that actually know something about football.

If I'm Dome I quietly slide away after reading this. Ouch.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Good Lord Eason just missed a wide open Bryant for a walk-in TD because he can't take anything off a pass. Brutally bad throw.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Then follows it up with a well underthrown ballon ball
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:58 am
  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Jake Locker was never a good passer, in high school or in college. But you can extrapolate any stat you want, the point is you don't know jack about football. Eason has arguably the best arm of any of the QB's coming out this year. Does that mean he will be a great NFL QB? Who the hell knows? He will need a really good QB coach.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Jake Locker was never a good passer, in high school or in college. But you can extrapolate any stat you want, the point is you don't know jack about football. Eason has arguably the best arm of any of the QB's coming out this year. Does that mean he will be a great NFL QB? Who the hell knows? He will need a really good QB coach.

You should be a GM in the league with all of your knowledge Dome, maybe a recruiter for UW Football. Obviously Eason has been electric this year especially against good defenses. My apologies
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

You should be a GM in the league with all of your knowledge Dome, maybe a recruiter for UW Football. Obviously Eason has been electric this year especially against good defenses. My apologies

The point of the debate was your saying Eason is $h!t and so is the UW program. That is obviously incorrect and I responded with some facts, no one said that he was "electric." If he had somewhat less than a great season it could be broken down into him, his very mediocre receivers, and the o-line not being as consistent as we thought they would be. For his first year back after a year out it wasn't a "$h!t" season by any stretch of the imagination.

But, none of that really matters to you because you're just here to troll. Bring something to the conversation once in a while.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Where was Brady?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

The point of the debate was your saying Eason is $h!t and so is the UW program. That is obviously incorrect and I responded with some facts, no one said that he was "electric." If he had somewhat less than a great season it could be broken down into him, his very mediocre receivers, and the o-line not being as consistent as we thought they would be. For his first year back after a year out it wasn't a "$h!t" season by any stretch of the imagination.

But, none of that really matters to you because you're just here to troll. Bring something to the conversation once in a while.

Obviously I'm talking smack for fun on Apple Cup Week and saying that Eason and UW are $h!t is only a little bit of an overstatement. I like how defensive you get though, i'm not sure if your insecure or truly beleive UW is a power house because they've had success in a down Pac 12 of late. Either way it's all in good fun and for the record even though i don't know anything about football Eason will suck at the next level.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Obviously I'm talking smack for fun on Apple Cup Week and saying that Eason and UW are $h!t is only a little bit of an overstatement. I like how defensive you get though, i'm not sure if your insecure or truly beleive UW is a power house because they've had success in a down Pac 12 of late. Either way it's all in good fun and for the record even though i don't know anything about football Eason will suck at the next level.

I get it, a little butt-hurt after we kicked your asses again?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:

I get it, a little butt-hurt after we kicked your asses again?

Unfortunately i've grown numb to it so i can't use that as an excuse.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Eason is unlikely to be a good QB at the next level. He certainly is not a great college QB.

He reminds me of Jeff George.

Physical talent but not a great competitor. Not great under pressure. Not really a great QB, but a great arm.

Browning threw some ducks, but he was a winner and he did not shirk from pressure.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Eason is unlikely to be a good QB at the next level. He certainly is not a great college QB.

Physical talent but not a great competitor. Not great under pressure. Not really a great QB, but a great arm.

Browning threw some ducks, but he was a winner and he did not shirk from pressure.

You make some good points but the same could have been said about Tom Brady when he was taken in the 6th round. It cracks me up when people on this board go off like they are some sort of authority on the subject. No one knows how any of these players are going to turn out.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Eason is unlikely to be a good QB at the next level. He certainly is not a great college QB.

You make some good points but the same could have been said about Tom Brady when he was taken in the 6th round. It cracks me up when people on this board go off like they are some sort of authority on the subject. No one knows how any of these players are going to turn out.

Twisted nailed it..The guy is just like Jeff George!
    As we all know there is more to being a QB than a golden arm.
    He might play in the NFL just like George but I don't see him
    doing any better than Jeff..To the poster who brought up
    JB..I loved the guy at QB till he blew his shoulder out and
    then he was a shell of what he was.He was a winner though.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Eason is unlikely to be a good QB at the next level. He certainly is not a great college QB.

You guys make it sound like he wasn't competitive at all.

He outplayed Herbert in the game against the ducks and looked very competitive.

But yes, he needs at least another year of seasoning, hopefully Jimmy Lake can talk him into it but if he is projected 1st round he's gone.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

But yes, he needs at least another year of seasoning, hopefully Jimmy Lake can talk him into it but if he is projected 1st round he's gone.

Not saying he cannot compete but I feel like maybe we have seen him
    reach his max level which are things besides the arm.
    I could end up wrong of course..His arm is one of the best I've seen (but)
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:34 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Not saying he cannot compete but I feel like maybe we have seen him
    reach his max level which are things besides the arm.
    I could end up wrong of course..His arm is one of the best I've seen (but)

He plays one single year after sitting out a year and you say he's reached his maximum level?

I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff, ALL collegiate athletes go through a maturation process and none so more than a QB.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information