Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PAC-12 admits zebra screw up

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
PAC-12 admits zebra screw up
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 am

Re: PAC-12 admits zebra screw up
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:21 am
  • Another keystone cops season in the Pac-12.

Cougars take it up the ass 2 years in a row. Last season "officiating" cost the Cougs a New Year's Day bowl because USC beat them which wouldn't have happened without some $h!t conference lawyer telling the replay guy how to rule incorrectly and in USC's favor and now this year they get another chance at a win taken away this time by referee incompetence. I'll say it right now, Leach leaves after the season and this will be a large factor though he'll likely not say so. He's not getting a fair shake from the Pac-12 at Wazzu. The conference may well want them "in their place" as an also ran.

Why was this ref only given a one game suspension? Why was he not terminated?

Fire Larry Scott
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:35 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Another keystone cops season in the Pac-12.

Cougars take it up the ass 2 years in a row. Last season "officiating" cost the Cougs a New Year's Day bowl because USC beat them which wouldn't have happened without some $h!t conference lawyer telling the replay guy how to rule incorrectly and in USC's favor and now this year they get another chance at a win taken away this time by referee incompetence. I'll say it right now, Leach leaves after the season and this will be a large factor though he'll likely not say so. He's not getting a fair shake from the Pac-12 at Wazzu. The conference may well want them "in their place" as an also ran.

Why was this ref only given a one game suspension? Why was he not terminated?

Fire Larry Scott

Leach is good for WSU and the Pac-12 IMHO. I hope he keeps speaking his mind and stays.
    Larry Scott needs to hear about it loudly when his peeps mess up.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:35 pm
  • Pac-12 refs make around 35K a year. Granted, they only actually work about 12 weekends doing that but there must be some addl time for training, evaluating, etc. but the point is that they don't really make much. So, what does that have to do with their competence? It simply means that the Pac-12 with all the millions of dollars they collect from attendance, tv, royalties, etc, etc. are basically pretty cheap at assigning enough resources to put a better product on the field.

Don't get me wrong, I get just as incensed as anyone but if you want it to be better you have to invest in more training, vetting, and whatever else it takes to create competence.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/orego ... ut_th.html
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:54 am
  • See NFL Officiating lately?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information