Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's The Apple Cup Week Trash Talk Thread.

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Let's try to keep all the trash talking to this one thread, shall we?
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• If it's going to.be more of the same name calling nonsense, take it to the shack.

This will be the warning.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:If it's going to.be more of the same name calling nonsense, take it to the shack.

So

Is this a Surgeon General Warning ?

A Weatherman Warning ?

A Trump Warning ?

A Pelosi Warning ?

A Horror Movie Warning ?

:0190l:
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Maul is a giant poopyhead! 8)

OK, no he isn’t. :irishdrinkers:

Hard to talk trash when both teams are well below expectations. I’m severely disappointed being a Dawg fan, and every Coug fan I know feels the same about their team.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Someone post something to give me hope that the Huskies' D won't yet again own the Cougars' O. We already know the Cougs' D is crap and will make Eason look like Russell so the Cougs gotta score. They haven't against UW recently.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Uncle Si wrote:If it's going to.be more of the same name calling nonsense, take it to the shack.

Apple Cup trash talking is a Washington State tradition, it may not be your tradition but it is ours. And, trashing the other school or rival fans isn't name calling. People need to understand that it is mostly tongue in cheek.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Edit: nevermind, it was dumb.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Bubba had been attending WSU for 6 years and still did not have enough credits to graduate. At the commencement ceremony, the entire student body began chanting, "Let Bubba graduate, Let Bubba graduate!" The Pullman president decided that if Budda could answer a one question exam, he would graduate. The president said, "You have one chance, Bubba, what is 9x9"? Budda beamed and blurted out 81. A stunned silence followed. Then the whole crowd yelled, "Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:Maul is a giant poopyhead! 8)

Hard to talk trash when both teams are well below expectations. I’m severely disappointed being a Dawg fan, and every Coug fan I know feels the same about their team.

It's all we have left, lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:If it's going to.be more of the same name calling nonsense, take it to the shack.

Apple Cup trash talking is a Washington State tradition, it may not be your tradition but it is ours. And, trashing the other school or rival fans isn't name calling. People need to understand that it is mostly tongue in cheek.

Trash talk is fun. Name calling is something else.

Thats why there is a Shack.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:If it's going to.be more of the same name calling nonsense, take it to the shack.

Trash talk is fun. Name calling is something else.

Thats why there is a Shack.

Okay, okay.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Maul is a giant poopyhead! 8)

It's all we have left, lol.

Could be worse. At least we're both bowl eligible.

*shudders*
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• The frustrating thing for Coug fans is that if we had an okay defense- not GOOD, just okay, there's no reason they couldn't be 9-2 right now. Oregon and ASU were winnable games.

As for UCLA, that was just plain embarrassing. That game alone was enough to get Claeys fired. God, I miss Alex Grinch.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Tracy Claeys looks like he's constantly in cardiac arrest
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:Tracy Claeys looks like he's constantly in cardiac arrest

Trash talking coaches not even on the staff? Pulling out all stops.
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

• dutchcoug wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Tracy Claeys looks like he's constantly in cardiac arrest

^^^^Funny!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Huskies fans, the Dawgs are going down, if the Cougs have a +2 or better turnover margin. Obligatory trash talk: BTW, in the Palouse, we don't recycle last year's loss, we just throw it in the trash. Our beer cans too. And, arrogant Dawg fans, your team is not physically superior to ours by as big a margin as during the Luke Falk days. So you're going to have to execute actual plays this year, instead of that "student body forward" play you've used to beat us nearly every year I can recall.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• dutchcoug wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Tracy Claeys looks like he's constantly in cardiac arrest

Admittedly dont follow the ins and outs of bad football programs. saw someone mention his name, remember him from his time here in Minnesota.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• olyfan63 wrote:Huskies fans, the Dawgs are going down, if the Cougs have a +2 or better turnover margin. Obligatory trash talk: BTW, in the Palouse, we don't recycle last year's loss, we just throw it in the trash. Our beer cans too.

Must be one hell of a landfill...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• olyfan63 wrote:Huskies fans, the Dawgs are going down, if the Cougs have a +2 or better turnover margin. Obligatory trash talk: BTW, in the Palouse, we don't recycle last year's loss, we just throw it in the trash. Our beer cans too. And, arrogant Dawg fans, your team is not physically superior to ours by as big a margin as during the Luke Falk days. So you're going to have to execute actual plays this year, instead of that "student body forward" play you've used to beat us nearly every year I can recall.

Have you seen the Cougs play "defense"?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Win or Lose at least we don't underachieve year after year. Husky are $h!t and thier female fanbase all look like Chelsea Clinton. Peterson lost his balls and coaching ability somewhere in Pendleton OR. on the drive over to Seattle, either that or the town turned him into a Starbucks drinking puss like everyone else there. To top it off your spokesman for the program is DomeHawk which reminds me of the white speck on the top of chicken $h!t. Go Cougs!
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Is this even a rivalry anymore? Doesn't the other team have to be somewhat competitive at least sometimes in a rivalry?
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:Is this even a rivalry anymore? Doesn't the other team have to be somewhat competitive at least sometimes in a rivalry?

The Ducks have been the Huskies biggest rival.for 2 decades now, whether anyone wants to admit.

The Cougars are like playing your little brother in a driveway pick up.game.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• This Apple Cup is 2008 level of depressing. Thank god that means 6 wins per team.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Is this even a rivalry anymore? Doesn't the other team have to be somewhat competitive at least sometimes in a rivalry?

The Ducks have been the Huskies biggest rival.for 2 decades now, whether anyone wants to admit.

Funny you consider the Ducks rivals when the Cougars beat them with far more consistency than the Huskies of late.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:This Apple Cup is 2008 level of depressing. Thank god that means 6 wins per team.

I don't think you truly recall how bad 2008 was. The Cougars finished 2-11. The Huskies finished 0-12.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:This Apple Cup is 2008 level of depressing. Thank god that means 6 wins per team.

I don't think you truly recall how bad 2008 was. The Cougars finished 2-11. The Huskies finished 0-12.

Please don't remind me of that year. Went to every single home game and stayed to the end as is our family tradition.

Even though the cougs won two games and Huskies zero, WSU was voted the worst team in college football that year and one of the worst in the BCS era. The huskies were voted the 5th worst in the BCS era but it would be hard for me to see any difference between the two.

Hate to say it, buy I think the cougs have a good shot at winning this Apple Cup.

I have some inside info on the moral of the team but I won't mention any specifics here/now.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... ms-bcs-era
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:This Apple Cup is 2008 level of depressing. Thank god that means 6 wins per team.

Please don't remind me of that year. Went to every single home game and stayed to the end as is our family tradition.

Even though the cougs won two games and Huskies zero, WSU was voted the worst team in college football that year and one of the worst in the BCS era. The huskies were voted the 5th worst in the BCS era but it would be hard for me to see any difference between the two.

Hate to say it, buy I think the cougs have a good shot at winning this Apple Cup.

I have some inside info on the moral of the team but I won't mention any specifics here/now.

We gave up 67 to UCLA.

I truly believe the Coug's D will make Jacob Eason look like a Heisman contender.

As for 2008, I just think comparing 2019 to it is just foolish. Is this season disappointing? Certainly, but both teams will play in a bowl game. It could be A LOT worse.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

We gave up 67 to UCLA.

I truly believe the Coug's D will make Jacob Eason look like a Heisman contender.

100% concur, sadly. Plus Lake owns Leach like no one else in CFB
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Maulbert wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Is this even a rivalry anymore? Doesn't the other team have to be somewhat competitive at least sometimes in a rivalry?

Funny you consider the Ducks rivals when the Cougars beat them with far more consistency than the Huskies of late.

What the Cougars do against Ducks is irrelevant.

The Huskies and Ducks are almost always playing for Pac 10 supremacy.

The cougars are always playing for an upset. They are what they are. Cougar fans are always bemoaning howlimited their resources are compared to the Huskies. So sure.. they are interstate rivals, sharing a border.

The programs are not rivals in any real competitive way.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

The cougar are always playing for an upset.

Someone's living in the past.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

The past year? 2?

20?

Regardless if it happens every year, the expectations for both is they are challenging for that position. The Cougars are really nothing more than a team you content to lose to along the way.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

The past year? 2?

20?

Regardless if it happens every year, the expectations for both is they are challenging for that position. The Cougars are really nothing more than a team you content to lose to along the way.

The Huskies are the 49ers of the Pac-12. Maybe I should start calling you Al Bundy instead of Washington49er. :lol:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I don't understand any of those references. Werent the Huskies in the national playoff recently, basically dominating the Pac 12 for 5 years, while in the national discussion as well? I think an inferiority complex is clouding your perspective.

I don't think any Husky fans are really concerned about losing out to the Cougars on a regular basis, on the field or off. The Ducks though? That's what a rivalry is.

The Apple Cup is just an interstate tradition. But it's still big brother vs little brother.

Not sure a down year for the Huskies suddenly changes that.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Apple cup has been going on well before any of us here were born, it's a tradition and even when the records are vastly different the games always seem to be entertaining.

There was life before the Greatest Generation, Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials and Generation Z, I know History's and traditions mean $h!t to a lot of people these days sadly and it's not relevant if it didn't happen within 3 years.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Apple cup has been going on well before any of us here were born, it's a tradition and even when the records are vastly different the games always seem to be entertaining.

There was life before the Greatest Generation, Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials and Generation Z, I know History's and traditions mean $h!t to a lot of people these days sadly and it's not relevant if it didn't happen within 3 years.

that's a nice old man rant... but not what the conversation is about.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Apple cup has been going on well before any of us here were born, it's a tradition and even when the records are vastly different the games always seem to be entertaining.

Because it doesn't fit your argument, go back to your bottle and suck it young one, the above post was about the tradition.

The Ducks and Beavers were after thoughts for most of their existence in the Pac 8 then 10 and now 12 until Uncle Phil bought the School.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Apple cup has been going on well before any of us here were born, it's a tradition and even when the records are vastly different the games always seem to be entertaining.

Because it doesn't fit your argument, go back to your bottle and suck it young one, the above post was about the tradition.

What doesn't fit? your run down of generational nicknames?

The above posts were about rivalry. Tradition was mentioned a bunch. There's a difference.

Young one? get a grip.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

The above posts were about rivalry. Tradition was mentioned a bunch. There's a difference.

Young one? get a grip.

Yeah Young one, obviously you have no concept of the history.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Young one? get a grip.

Yeah Young one, obviously you have no concept of the history.

Sure... i mean just a couple degrees.

I also know the difference between "tradition" and "rivalry," as you pointed out with your OSU-UO analogy. I see it here with the UofM and Wisconsin. It's an end of year tradition. They play for an axe. Wisconsin has been battling Michigan and OSU for Big 10 titles for the last 20 years though. Who is their rival?

To be clear, not forsaking the fun of the game.

Keep on shouting at your computer screen though
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• UW is clearly the superior team, no surprise there. However, the $h!t pac-12 refs have jobbed the Cougs a couple times and badly.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• That 3rd down "holding" call that extended the opening 2nd half drive for UW was ridiculous to the utmost.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Eason wasn’t helped by his receivers on that drive, dropped pass by the TE who tried to run before he caught it, and then Fuller fumbles after fighting for the extra yard, he needed to go down before he got twisted like a pretzel and backdropped.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Grahamhawker wrote:That 3rd down "holding" call that extended the opening 2nd half drive for UW was ridiculous to the utmost.

I thought the receivers knee was down before the fumble. Things just balance out that way.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Refs just cost the Dawgs a possible scoop and score fumble recovery with too quick whistle. UW gets the ball thanks to replay and rightfully so, but may have cost them 6.
    Pac-12 officiating, SMH
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:That 3rd down "holding" call that extended the opening 2nd half drive for UW was ridiculous to the utmost.

I thought the receivers knee was down before the fumble. Things just balance out that way.

Two bad calls then.

How did they not call that last one a fumble at game speed?
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Absolutely terrible spot on that last QB sneak near the goal line.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:Absolutely terrible spot on that last QB sneak near the goal line.

They did the same thing to Wazzu earlier but Leach got it reviewed and got it ruled a 1st. Don't know why Peterson didn't insist on a review.
    More high quality Pac-12 reffing.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Absolutely terrible spot on that last QB sneak near the goal line.

They did the same thing to Wazzu earlier but Leach got it reviewed and got it ruled a 1st. Don't know why Peterson didn't insist on a review.
    More high quality Pac-12 reffing.

Yeah, just terrible reffing overall really. It's hard to be worse at reffing games than the NFL but the pac12 has perfected that art.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Go Dawgs!
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information