Some Stats from the Apple Cup.

D

DomeHawk

Gordon throws 62 passes, wow. Completes 77%, mostly short passes, and those INT"s killed him.

Eason only threw 22 passes with 68% accuracy. Good, if not spectacular, outing.

Salvon Ahmed run for 85 yds which gives him EXACTLY 1000 yds for the season. Decent year replacing UW's all-time rushing leader.

Terrell Bynum continues his emergence as a leading WR with 25 YPC and one TD.

Elijah Molden leads team with 12 tackles and one INT.

Redshirt freshman LB Edefuan Ulofoshio really coming on with 1.5 sacks for the day.

Several Huskies considering early outs to the NFL. Can't betray confidences but more info will be forthcoming when they decide to announce.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... ter-bryant

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It was not a spectacular outing by Eason.

He missed 2 easy TD throws that i saw. He was good enough though. Kept a good rhythm. Made some good throws. Moved in the pocket well after a shaky first series. Also thought he held the ball on the RPO/play action with very good timing.

The defense really came around when they got the lead. WRS were constantly open for Eason which was a change.

I hope eason stays. Building on that D, getting some more experience and dynamism with the WRs, team could be back.into the top 10 again

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":23ptbdkq said:
I hope eason stays. Building on that D, getting some more experience and dynamism with the WRs, team could be back.into the top 10 again

Eason should stay but probably won't. There is much speculation that he, and other people in and around the program, are very frustrated with our OC.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3t947uaj said:
Uncle Si":3t947uaj said:

Eason should stay but probably won't. There is much speculation that he, and other people in and around the program, are very frustrated with our OC.

Is one of them the head coach?

Whats the frustration?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3mggalpm said:
DomeHawk":3mggalpm said:
Uncle Si":3mggalpm said:

Is one of them the head coach?

Whats the frustration?

Last year CP said that the offense was "pedestrian" this year he has commented in different games that we were too "conservative." These are very politically-correct words for get-your-shit-together. I know some players through my sons and I am friends with a prominent player's father, so I can't really say anything but there are some grumblings. I don't want to give the impression that it is mutiny-level but just that there is some frustration directed his way. CP is very loyal so its hard to say. I would love to see him go out and get a really creative OC. We'll see.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":31bn4bmy said:
How much play calling does CP take on?

The OC calls the plays, this is not a Clay Helton or other scenario where the HC takes over play calling.

That is not to say that he doesn't interject something occasionally.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If Eason leaves who’s the QB next year? Is Huard 3.0 a highschool senior this year or a HS junior.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":o2f30tzb said:
Sports Hernia":o2f30tzb said:
If Eason leaves who’s the QB next year?...........
Been wondering the same
Jacob Sirmon will enter Spring practice as QB1, but Dylan Morris will be given a chance to earn the spot.