Bobby Wagner Replacements?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
thanks for this, Wow, i really like Jordyn Brooks. any idea where he is projected to go?

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

chris98251

Reaction score
Can they run a 4.4 40 though, that was Bobby coming out of College and what sold them on the pick, speed.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Have to think that's what the Barton move was. We traded up to get him after all.

It may be he's not the guy. I love Brooks, but the stock needed to get him is too much at this time. We're not trying to replace David Hawthorne after all.

Late round, I'd keep my eye on Patrick Queen in day 3 out of LSU. Very twitchy and has excellent cover ability and quick to read plays. Was dominant in the BCS championship game. He's a bit light -- which may cause him to fall.

I think of him as a poor man's Telvin Smith from FSU a few years back. Although not quite a slight.

As it is, I don't think we're likely to take a LB a year after double dipping in a rather mediocre LB pool. Usually we don't do that unless we don't really like the position in the next years' class.

Given that we passed on many better prospects at positions of greater need in 2019 in order to select Barton:

OT: Edoga, Evans (Both started this year)
TE: Dawson Knox (starter)
S: Quincy WIlliams, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
DE: Oshane Ximenes, Maxx Crosby (either would have lead our team in sacks)

We passed a LOT of talent of imminent need in order to move up for Barton. So our bed is kind of made in that regard. Taking a LB early is essentially doing a 'Maglik Mcdowell/LJ Collier' combo twice.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Evan Weaver runs under a 5
0 40. Not sure how that guy makes so many plays but he's looks so slow to me.

Chawker

Reaction score
Dante Olson MLB 6'3" 237 Montana Grizzlys. Winner of the Buck Buchanan Award, finished the season with 179 tackles. Plays the run and pass with ez, very good range and power. Should be able to get him in the 3rd or 4th round. I'd love to see him in a Seahawks uniform.

My pick for the STEEL OF THE DRAFT.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I hope we don't waste a draft pick on "Bobby Wagner's replacement". We have other priorities.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Chawker":3fxm6u9p said:
Makil Harrison MLB Ohio st. 6'3" 245 Should be available in the second round.

Unfortunately our 2nd round picks are at the bottom of the 2nd round, practically 3rd rounders.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
jmahon316":l1n12v49 said:
Chawker":l1n12v49 said:
Makil Harrison MLB Ohio st. 6'3" 245 Should be available in the second round.

Unfortunately our 2nd round picks are at the bottom of the 2nd round, practically 3rd rounders.

True, but we haven't seen the picks we acquire for trading our R1 pick yet!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":2bsl0s7r said:
Or Willie Gay ...Rob Staton really likes him

https://youtu.be/mDZYpcbyWYQ

I agree with him. Willie has potential and pedigree. The speed you want to see is there, the energy is there, well regarded by his teammates despite having a character red flag from his suspension. He's a playmaker, but as far as a Wagner replacement, I see him as more of an outside linebacker. He may be able to be developed as a mike, but I don't think it's something I'd be able to bet on happening.

If I had to guess, I'd say Willie's stock is about as low as it's going to get. He's an athletic playmaker, his combine is more than likely going to be excellent. I'd wager he runs 4.48-4.55 and shows above average agility and burst. From February onwards, I expect him to be a riser and probably hitting day 2 unless he's a dipstick and interviews poorly.

Tical21

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":i4qe5fm8 said:
Have to think that's what the Barton move was. We traded up to get him after all.

It may be he's not the guy. I love Brooks, but the stock needed to get him is too much at this time. We're not trying to replace David Hawthorne after all.

Late round, I'd keep my eye on Patrick Queen in day 3 out of LSU. Very twitchy and has excellent cover ability and quick to read plays. Was dominant in the BCS championship game. He's a bit light -- which may cause him to fall.

I think of him as a poor man's Telvin Smith from FSU a few years back. Although not quite a slight.

As it is, I don't think we're likely to take a LB a year after double dipping in a rather mediocre LB pool. Usually we don't do that unless we don't really like the position in the next years' class.

Given that we passed on many better prospects at positions of greater need in 2019 in order to select Barton:

OT: Edoga, Evans (Both started this year)
TE: Dawson Knox (starter)
S: Quincy WIlliams, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
DE: Oshane Ximenes, Maxx Crosby (either would have lead our team in sacks)

We passed a LOT of talent of imminent need in order to move up for Barton. So our bed is kind of made in that regard. Taking a LB early is essentially doing a 'Maglik Mcdowell/LJ Collier' combo twice.
Yeah, it's Barton. It's a pretty interchangeable position with the WILL, so another "MLB" isn't necessarily out of the question, but I don't think they take one early. They'll find a guy they like in the middle rounds.

titan3131

Reaction score
already seeing mocks with Queen sneak into rd 1. Probably has the 2nd as a strong floor.

I think real value would be Willie g4Y in the 4-5th round.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TreeRon":yonyl15z said:
I hope we don't waste a draft pick on "Bobby Wagner's replacement". We have other priorities.
Agree. Worry about that next year.
You drafted Barton, BBK, and Queem for a reason. If all 3 are busts already (I’m not saying they are) then that’s a Scouting issue, and needs to be addressed.

SSH

Reaction score
Bobby has a few more good years left in him (my opinion).

KJ on the other hand...

I'd like to see some young blood step into that role.