Transfer Portal

HawkGA

Reaction score
Thoughts on how it played out this year?

I'm a fan. Jalrn Hurts leaves Bama and goes to a team that makes the CFP (though he was a graduate transfer, not sure if that is different than the Portal).

Burrow has a Heisman season and is leading the #1 team in the country right now.

Fields left Georgia and is in the CFP, leading the current #2 team in the country.

Eason had a good enough season to decide to go pro (though I think it is a mistake, getting a second year of starting experience is huge).

Am I missing anybody?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Burrow came from Ohio State..I find it funny

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Illinois completely transformed their team this year with a handful of graduate transfers that had 2 years of eligibility left, including their QB and leading WR. The commentators mentioned during the RedBox Bowl today that they'll have something like 16 returning starters next year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So if I get this right, this transfer portal is NFL Junior Varsity Free Agency?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":n7coelaf said:

Yes.

When the money starts rolling in the transfer portal is going to get even more interesting.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1t3pak4v said:
Seahawkfan80":1t3pak4v said:

Yes.

When the money starts rolling in the transfer portal is going to get even more interesting.

While the NCAA is still supposedly comprised of "student athletes", I think the portal is further cementing the destruction of college football.

They should just go ahead and severe the ties between universities and football all together and make it a semi-pro league. That way all the players can be paid according to the value they bring their teams and we no longer pretend it is anything about academics. Win/Win.