I want this guy: Yetur Gross-Matos

ivotuk

Reaction score
This kid has Heart

Yetur Gross-Matos Declares for 2020 NFL Draft | Penn State | 7,276 views•Dec 5, 2019

[youtube]H0b_yEJmCxQ[/youtube]

Most Underrated DE in College Football Penn State DE Yetur Gross-Matos Highlights

[youtube]Lz4RSqjW1OQ[/youtube]

Penn State's Yetur Gross-Matos plays for a purpose after unimaginable tragedies | College GameDay

[youtube]4zAjGnB0EPM[/youtube]

getnasty

Reaction score
Love the length and the way he uses his hands, can't say i know much about him but definitely looks the part.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Locked On Seahawks (1/27/20) - Is Yetur-Gross Matos the Answer to Seattle's Pass Rush Woes?

Seahawk Maven

Seattle ranked next-to-last in sacks and pressure rate in the NFL in 2019, struggling to turn up the heat on opposing passers. Locked On Seahawks hosts Corbin Smith and Rob Rang analyze a potential first-round prospect who could work wonders to help the Seahawks dormant pass rush, share their thoughts on the unexpected passing of Kobe Bryant and his impact on the sports world, answer mailbag questions, and more.

[youtube]dWP1p2lqAj0[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWP1p2lqAj0

titan3131

Reaction score
also he was mentioned in a law suit alleging systemic hazing at his school.
Could effect his stock.

titan3131

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":2eqzfrf9 said:
He looks really solid. I don’t see a whole lot of burst however

this was my hesitation was a lack of quick twitch. He's fast but I dont see "It" off the snap.

Reaction score
I'm a huge Penn State Homer. He is the real deal trust me. Seen every snap he took a couple times. If we landed him I would do back flips. I wouldn't be mad at all if we moved up to get him. Don't know if he will be there when we picked especially how we like trading back. But I'm praying to the football Gods that he slides a little. He has great length and is a freakish athlete. Kind reminds me of Jevon Kearse body type. He is going to be a be a monster.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Great athlete. Actually, I expect he's higher on our board than other teams. Has that kind of McDowell vibe as a rare athlete. He absolutely doesn't have the head case baggage -- just comparing the two as raw athletes. Also has great length. And has had to deal with personal tragedy/adversity. So he ticks a LOT of boxes for us. And plays at our position of critical need.

He's fast. Very flexible. Very long. Should be awesome at the combine. And you can't coach that. But a few things I see that trouble me:

1. He clearly is a poor technician. Thrives almost exclusively on his physical gifts. If he gets blocked, he stays blocked. He doesn't appear to have any sort of plan on how to attack an OL player. Doesn't appear to set up moves as the game unfolds.

2. Appears hesitant quite often. I don't think his play recognition is very good. He plays like the game is too fast for him much of the time. And this appears to rob him when winning on the snap.

If he didn't have these liabilities, we wouldn't even be discussing him at #27. He is truly gifted. And if the light comes on, whether by work, coaching, experience or any combination of the three -- he has the chance to be a real star -- a regular double digit sack kind of player. If he can better recognize offensive tendencies and play loose -- he looks like a Clemons in his prime.

He's probably not unlike Bruce Irvin was for us. Bruce seasoned very well for us, and by his 3rd year was a much better player than his first two seasons. YGM is a much more appealing blend of size, length and speed. He doesn't have ridiculous speed like Irvin, but should be much better in base D.

Every year, there is a guy that is a great athlete, who kind of had a meh final year that seems to have a lot of liabilities that we end up picking first. It's like we draft guys based on their play the year before they enter the draft. Guys that I kind of hope we avoid. YGM feels like that kind of player to me.

If we take him, which I think is really highly possible -- I'll root for him. I'll hope like hell I am totally wrong about him and I don't know anything. He will need to confirm his athleticism at the combine.