Trade up for Isaiah Simmons

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seriously. This guy is absolutely nuts. He can do absolutely anything on the defense. Put him in a hybrid safety/linebacker role with Diggs and Blair on the field too and uhh... we win.

Anyone else completely smitten?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1233924845525663750[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
Definitely a stud, for us he would be a replacement for Bobby Wagner. No way in hell are were trading up into the top 5-10 for a 4-3 linebacker though.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Largent80":1k6hgzyc said:
Blowing up the combine has proven to not be a blow up the NFL.

This isn't Jameson Konz we're talking about. This is a prospect who also showed great ability (and versatility) on the field.

If Isaiah falls to like 7-10 and you can get him for, say, 27/64 (maybe throw in 100) and next years first, I would think long and hard about making that trade. Wouldn't have to Ditka our way to the top and it would obviously be a bad decision if they did do that. The "trade it all away" was a bit of hyperbole. He may just be there in the 7-10 range of Burrow, Tua, and Herbert all go.

You can play Simmons anywhere. He can defend the pass, he can stop the run, he can rush the passer, and he can do it all extremely well. In fact, he had the highest pressure percentage of any power five defender in the nation last year at *32.9%* according to PFF.

I think he's transcendental. If you can get in position to take him for 27, 64 and 2021's first, then I gotta pull the trigger there.

sutz

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":238ol9q0 said:
Largent80":238ol9q0 said:

This isn't Jameson Konz we're talking about. This is a prospect who also showed great ability (and versatility) on the field.

If Isaiah falls to like 7-10 and you can get him for, say, 27/64 (maybe throw in 100) and next years first, I would think long and hard about making that trade. Wouldn't have to Ditka our way to the top and it would obviously be a bad decision if they did do that. The "trade it all away" was a bit of hyperbole. He may just be there in the 7-10 range of Burrow, Tua, and Herbert all go.

You can play Simmons anywhere. He can defend the pass, he can stop the run, he can rush the passer, and he can do it all extremely well. In fact, he had the highest pressure percentage of any power five defender in the nation last year at *32.9%* according to PFF.

I think he's transcendental. If you can get in position to take him for 27, 64 and 2021's first, then I gotta pull the trigger there.
That, at least, is fairly reasonable. Not something that Scheider has been known for, but reasonable. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sutz":24nx145t said:
Maelstrom787":24nx145t said:
Largent80":24nx145t said:

That, at least, is fairly reasonable. Not something that Scheider has been known for, but reasonable. :mrgreen:

Yeah, it ain't gonna happen, but boy. I think Simmons has the potential to slam our championship window open for years to come.

Seahawks Draft Blog, coincidentally, just released this article... validation, woo!

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/further-th ... ah-simmons

In yesterday’s combine review I proposed the Seahawks trade up for Isaiah Simmons. It’s unrealistic, yes. I don’t think it will happen. I think they’ll do what they always do — identify the players they like and then manipulate the board to get as many of those individuals as possible. I still think it’s a worthwhile discussion and I wanted to put some more meat on the bones today.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't move up into the top 10 for him, but with all the teams at the top that need QBs and OL it's possible that Simmons falls far enough to make this an intriguing option. We do come into the draft with a lot of picks to work with, and I would bet they will at least reach out to teams like the Colts (#13) and Broncos (#15) to see what the cost would be to move up in case a few different players fall. Neither of those teams is one player away unless there's a QB they really like at those spots (doubtful).

Xavier McKinney is another potential trade up candidate. Lots of mocks have him falling to the mid teens and if he puts up a healthy 40 time at his pro day then the Hawks could absolutely see him as a replacement for Earl.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":x4cfcldd said:
This might be the year they blow everyone away and trade up.

They'll trade up just so they can trade back down to 27.

getnasty

Reaction score
Simmons is versatile but in reality is only going to play one position and that position is probably ML. If you think he's the next Bobby Wagner then sure go get him, but you better be damn sure for that price tag.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
getnasty":3a5z3r26 said:
Simmons is versatile but in reality is only going to play one position and that position is probably ML. If you think he's the next Bobby Wagner then sure go get him, but you better be damn sure for that price tag.

Simmons can play any position on the field. I wouldn't put him as a boundary corner, but other than that, you can line him up at safety, mlb, olb, edge...

Not saying he'd be maximized here, but if he goes to a creative defensive coach, he can do anything.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3j960ofv said:
getnasty":3j960ofv said:

Simmons can play any position on the field. I wouldn'r put him as a boundary corner, but other than that, you can line him up at safety, mlb, olb, edge...

Not saying he'd be maximized here, but if he goes to a creative defensive coach, he can do anything.

Can he play 11 positions at once ?

These all in's rarely work.

Largent80

Reaction score
The guy has the tools. I don't see the Hawks being that worried about LB this year, remember they drafted 2 last year.

They have bigger fish to fry than LB.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd just wonder if he might be the player that they thought Bruce Irvin might be. It's hard to see it now, but I could see a scenario where Simmons is the same kind of LEO that Earl was as a safety. I said the moment we drafted him that teams would be spending the better part of the next decade trying to find the next Earl. Simmons could be that as a weak side edge player.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
For anyone looking to trade a draft away for one player I have two words for ya....

Aaron Curry

The can't miss, elite, most pro ready player of the 2009 draft.

Largent80

Reaction score
I have a better one...... Herschel Walker. You DON'T mortgage a draft for one player and if they did this, how do you think it would go over in the locker room?