FOR THE ARCHIVES: Who's a Pro Bowler, Who's a bust?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Alright guys, let's go with a throwback. About 10 years ago, we had a thread in the draft forum asking you to pick 5 Pro Bowlers and 5 busts from a list of 20 consensus first-round prospects for archival purposes. It is now archived.

You can view LawHawk's thread here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13439

I think this would be a good year to bring that back. 10 years later, let's do this again. I'll copy and paste the rules here. Feel free to pick less/more than 5 for each category.

Time to put your cards on the table. If you want to say in three years "I knew that guy was going to be a bust" or "I told everyone we should draft him!" this is your reference point.

Rules: I've listed below 20 players that are likely to go in the first round. Your job is to (1) pick five players you predict will be consistently good, Pro Bowlers, All-Pros, however you want to define "worthy of a first-round pick." Then (2) pick five players who you predict will bust. Either complete failures, never living up to expectations, or however you want to define "not worthy of a first-round pick." So you must make a prediction on 10 out of the 20. If you want to make an additional prediction not involving one of these players, be my guest.

I'd like to reiterate that should you want to make a prediction that does not involve any of the below players, feel free to make additional predictions as you see fit.

That said, here we go!

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Derrick Brown
Javon Kinlaw
Chase Young
Jeffrey Okudah
K'Lavon Chaisson
Jedrick Wills
Mekhi Becton
Andrew Thomas
Tristan Wirfs
Yetur Gross-Matos
Jerry Jeudy
CeeDee Lamb
Henry Ruggs III
Isaiah Simmons
Kenneth Murray
Xavier McKinney
Patrick Queen

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pro Bowler:

Burrow
Kinlaw
Thomas
Lamb
Simmons

Bust:

Okudah
Herbert
Tua
Ruggs III
Chaisson

KinesProf

Reaction score
Pro Bowl: Brown, Thomas, Wirfs, Okudah, Young

Bust: Simmons, McKinney, Tua, Becton, Chaisson

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Wow really cool to look back!

BUSTS:
Justin Herbert - Never been more sure about a bust as I am with JH. Incredibly average college career, hype train hype train hype train.
Mekhi Becton - Seems like there is a mammoth OT that climbs the board every year but fails to live up to the hype.
Ceedee Lamb - One of the top 3 WR's is gonna implode, I'm picking Lamb cause he seems a little slight
Jordan Love - The old saying goes, if you're inaccurate in college you're going to be inaccurate in the pros

Pro-Bowler:
Chase Young - Easiest pick in the draft. Only injuries keep this kid from becoming a star
Jeff Okudah - Like his OSU teammate above, this ones easy. Kid is smooth and plays big.
Patrick Queen - Just something about LSU linebackers, especially if he falls to a Baltimore, or New England type team.
Kenneth Murray - Have loved his game for a while now. I think it translates well to the NFL, like Queen above, he should fall into a better situation as well.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Caveats for injuries. Since one cannot predict them.

Pro Bowlers:

Javon Kinlaw - He shows traits at pass rush that should make him very productive at the next level. Also should go to a better team.
Jeffrey Okudah - If Slay can make a PB in Detroit, Okudah should.
Mekhi Becton - His size, length and athleticism is insane. His demeanor is uncoachable. I expect a couple PB trips by time his 5th year is up.
Tristan Wirfs - Will be a PB anywhere he goes.
Jerry Jeudy - Solid talent. This WR draft is going to produce some PBers. Jeudy should be good out of the box.
CeeDee Lamb - Just has excellent WR skills. Should impact straight away and get on the tips of people's tongues early.
Isaiah Simmons - Special talent. I see him in same class as Earl Thomas. Teams will be trying for the next 10 years to get 'the next Simmons'.

Good, not great

Joe Burrow - AFC stacked at QB (Mahomes, Jackson). Bengals an all time worst franchise. He'll possibly be a PB alternate type by year 3.
Tua Tagovailoa - AFC stacked for next 3-6 years at QB. Fins have real chance to get good in 3 years if he lands there. AFC East is a poopshow division.
Justin Herbert - Depends where he lands. I like him better than Tannehill coming out. Less than Mariota. Athleticism will allow him to start early.
Derrick Brown - Not sure I see greatness with him. Good player. May develop to a PB alternate during rookie deal. Not assured.
Chase Young - Redskins? That's too bad.
K'Lavon Chaisson - Going to need to develop. Should be taken late with a good team. Upside pick whose value will be determined by where he lands.
Andrew Thomas - Fringe PB type by year 3. A lot will depend where he lands.
Yetur Gross-Matos - May be more of a Ryan Kerrigan type in the league. He's going to go late though. Hard to bust a guy with lowered expecations to begin with.
Henry Ruggs III - Speed, but has good skills too. May be too low on him here. If he goes to Denver, that would be a great spot for him.
Patrick Queen - Speedy linebacker. Good matchup player. Don't see him as good as Devin White or Devin Bush. Probably hard to crack the PB rosters.

Busts

Jedrick Wills - Just seems like a guy. He'll be taken in the top 15. Likely fail to live to expectation.
Kenneth Murray - Yeah, not seeing a ton of special quality on tape. Cleans up activity well. Don't see similar ability to navigate the LOS chaos well like Wagner, Kuechly, White etc.
Xavier McKinney - See a very limited athlete who excelled as an in the box Safety for Alabama where limitations weren't tested. Has some good vision. See his ceiling similar to Damarious Randall.

seabowl

Reaction score
I'll only go with 3 picks

Chaisson will be a bust. Reminds me of Dion Jordan.

Ruiz will be a stud at center
J Taylor will be a stud at rb. Similar to S Barkley.

seabowl

Reaction score
seabowl":3gzasxu9 said:
I'll only go with 3 picks

Chaisson will be a bust. Reminds me of Dion Jordan.

Ruiz will be a stud at center
J Taylor will be a stud at rb. Similar to S Barkley.

One more but he will not be picked high.

WR Quintez Cephus from WR