Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A List of the Players the Hawks have met with Pre-Draft

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• 9 of 11 picks last year the Hawks had meetings of some sort with.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Not a very attractive list to me. There are a few names on there that seem solid but overall it's not very impressive. My 2 cents.
    EMTHawkfan
    Army SPC-4 '90-'93

• Welcome to a normal Seahawks draft. Could be a smokescreen too. Only one LB and it's an obvious position of need. Love the DT's. and a couple of OL (Stenberg). They could also use a slot CB. Moss looks like a baby Beast.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Why? Maybe want to talk about the draft right here. It's 3 days away.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• One thing that I am surprised to see is the amount of cornerbacks on the list. I guess the team doesn't believe in Tre's development like I figured they did. That, or they do, but are hedging Dunbar's likely departure in 2021 free agency or his probable injury during the season. Like Dantzler, Diggs, and Madre Harper a lot.

Amik Robertson could be a VERY interesting selection as a nickel CB... dude has great ball skills and is very chippy.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Or they like Tre and both Griffin and Dunbar will be free agents
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• They need a guy to play the slot CB position. They also need LB so the omission is glaring to me.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• HawkStrong wrote:http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=163387

All of these posts belong in the draft forum.

You auditioning for a mod position? :roll:
    grizbob
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:Or they like Tre and both Griffin and Dunbar will be free agents

Another good point. I'm hoping they hold on to Quill, but yeah. Not a bad idea to invest in depth for CB now. May even double dip on a boundary and slot guy.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:They need a guy to play the slot CB position. They also need LB so the omission is glaring to me.

I can think of a couple scenarios regarding that:

1. They're punting LB need to 2021 and sticking with Irvin at Sam for now
    2. They'll draft a hybrid Sam/rusher to take over the Irvin role in 2021. (Uche, Baun, even a safety like Chinn could play that role)
    3. They straight up just like the depth they have in BBK/Barton and are keeping Kendricks in their back pocket with his eternally-delayed sentencing
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• EMTHawkfan wrote:Not a very attractive list to me. There are a few names on there that seem solid but overall it's not very impressive. My 2 cents.

Let's be honest, unless you're Rob Rang or Todd McShay we don't know the LARGE majority of these players. So how you can casually glance at this list of players and not be impressed is a head scratcher to me.

Did you know who Bobby Wagner was before we drafted him? KJ? Tyler? Frank Clark? DK?

C'mon man.

Do you know who does know who all these guys are? John Schneider, that's who.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    EMTHawkfan wrote:Not a very attractive list to me. There are a few names on there that seem solid but overall it's not very impressive. My 2 cents.

Let's be honest, unless you're Rob Rang or Todd McShay we don't know the LARGE majority of these players. So how you can casually glance at this list of players and not be impressed is a head scratcher to me.

Did you know who Bobby Wagner was before we drafted him? KJ? Tyler? Frank Clark? DK?

C'mon man.

Do you know who does know who all these guys are? John Schneider, that's who.

Well like I said it's just my 2 cents.
    Like or dislike whatever you want but not everyone is going to agree. It happens. So keep scratching your head and don't take it personal...
    EMTHawkfan
    Army SPC-4 '90-'93

• These can also be subtle smoke screens. They NEED LB, and only one is on the list. There are several very good ones that will probably be available in the 2nd and maybe the 3rd.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seeing AJ Dillon on that list enhances my hopes they take him.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

• I'm seeing not to many 1st round or early second rd players there so can assume.....trading back a few times and ending up with an extra 3 or 4 picks......mostly mid 3rd to 5th
    CDN_C_Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Great spreadsheet. Who maintains that?
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Interesting looking back over the years. Wonder what happened in 2013 with only drafting one player on the list.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer

• Wenhawk wrote:Great spreadsheet. Who maintains that?

I'm not sure but I posted it in the Seahawks forum since it is totally Seahawks related and someone moved it here with the draft a mere 2 days away.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Great spreadsheet. Who maintains that?

I'm not sure but I posted it in the Seahawks forum since it is totally Seahawks related and someone moved it here with the draft a mere 2 days away.

I mean, this is the draft forum...
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

• I'm thinking Anae must be some sort of smokescreen. I can't see his fit here. He's got short arms, his athletic limitations are really apparent on tape (at least v. Oregon) where he looks dreadfully slow...
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• wow, great work who ever compiled this!!! I see some guys on there I like, Gross- matos, Taylor, Raekwon davis. I think were going to do well this year.
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information