Do we draft a rb with the next pick?

seabowl

Reaction score
Not a chance. No way. Not going to happen.

Too many other areas of need still.

Again before Penny went down (which was before Carson) nobody and I mean nobody on this board or anywhere would say the Hawks should pick a back early in the upcoming draft .

Injuries happen (especially to backs) and they have 1 if not 2 good ones with Homer coming off the bench.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Maybe Cam Akers falls to 59, but with the Rams, Jaguars, Bucs, and Steelers (maybe) ahead of us, I doubt any RB of real value makes it. Could always trade up, come from 59 to the mid 40's, but that'll obviously cost the team picks. Unless, of course, Taking Brooks could mean they trade KJ and a pick to move up? But I seriously doubt that too.

Osprey

Reaction score
Think the run will hit before our pick and don’t see them giving up picks to move up.

Had they been able to trade down out of R1, I think they would have.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Osprey":2l44i5hm said:
Think the run will hit before our pick and don’t see them giving up picks to move up.

Agreed. Not sure if this was their guy or they couldn't find a trade partner, but I would imagine they wanted to trade into the 35-45 range, pick up a RB and then go defense with pick 59 and 64, at least that's how I mocked them a few times doing.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Maybe so but I think we'd need to jump all the way up in front of Detroit, I dont know, if they think he's a hall of famer maybe. He is a fairly rare RB talent that has what it takes to get there..

if they're actually full blown going to change the d with this draft, probably not, but he would be the one exception for them maybe as talent is extreme?

seabowl

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2n55s5m8 said:
Osprey":2n55s5m8 said:

Agreed. Not sure if this was their guy or they couldn't find a trade partner, but I would imagine they wanted to trade into the 35-45 range, pick up a RB and then go defense with pick 59 and 64, at least that's how I mocked them a few times doing.

What you are saying is they would have traded down and if Brooks was there 35+ they would have passed on him for a rb? Does not sound logical.

Osprey

Reaction score
seabowl":2s2fcz40 said:
Seahawk_Dan":2s2fcz40 said:
Osprey":2s2fcz40 said:

What you are saying is they would have traded down and if Brooks was there 35+ they would have passed on him for a rb? Does not sound logical.
Not speaking for Dan, but what I was saying is that if they got enough value out of trading down they assume Brooks will be gone before their pick.

With the hypothetical new arrangement of picks (Dan’s 35-45 range) RB is now the highest value. Clearly at 27 they saw Brooks as the best value.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":24jkuwtz said:
Osprey":24jkuwtz said:

They were attempting to move back to pick #30 with Green Bay.

I don't think they were looking to move down further than that. Think they just wanted an extra fourth rounder so they could trade up further into the second round.

I think they knew it was first round for Brooks or he was gone.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Osprey":36zp9fek said:
seabowl":36zp9fek said:
Seahawk_Dan":36zp9fek said:
Osprey":36zp9fek said:

Not speaking for Dan, but what I was saying is that if they got enough value out of trading down they assume Brooks will be gone before their pick.

With the hypothetical new arrangement of picks (Dan’s 35-45 range) RB is now the highest value. Clearly at 27 they saw Brooks as the best value.
This is fair, especially since there is a lot of chatter that one or two other teams were looking to get Brooks. Clearly the FO knows what they're doing, or hear/see things that others aren't aware of, it's just most (including me) think that Edge or RB is most important position to pick up, but it seems that Pete and Co are looking at LB to rebuild at and maybe RB comes with their next pick at 59? My concern is, whose left at that point?

nwHawk

Reaction score
I'd look to the 4th round for a RB.

Too many other areas need an infusion of talent/depth. I would think the next two will be from: 3Tech-DT, DE, OL or S. Too much fire power in our division to skimp on defense, and we still need a backup LT in case Brown gets dinged up during the season.