Random Question Big 12 vs. Pac 12

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I was wondering who you think has the tougher conference?

Pac 12
Oregon 2/ Awesome
USC 13/ Good offensive skill players, mediocre offensive line, defense looks pretty good
Oregon State 14/ Good offense, average defense
Stanford 18/ Inconsistent offense(Nunes), pretty good defense
Washington 23/ Good offensive skill players, bad offensive line, rising defense
UCLA 25/ Not sure yet
Arizona St. NR/ Never seen them play

Big 12
Kansas State 7/Good rushing team, very good defense
West Virginia 8/ Dynamic high scoring offense, giving up 63 points to Baylor is Nick Holt bad
Texas 11/ Good overall balance, good offense that can run all over you, good defense
TCU 15/ Hasn't played anyone yet
Oklahoma 17/ Well balanced, good overall, could easily be flip flopped with K State
Baylor NR/ Looks like a very good offense, terrible defense

The Pac-12 is gaining respect my respect. As of last week I thought it was kind of a bad conference but you can't argue having 6 teams in the top 25. UW's stay at #23 will be brief since they play Oregon this week, but UCLA's schedule will keep them top 25 for awhile, and Stanford plays an over rated Notre Dame team in a couple weeks. TCU doesn't play anyone until the 2nd half of the season so they are safe for awhile, and Oklahoma plays Texas in a couple weeks. So all these teams should stay top 25 for atleast 2 weeks except UW. I think I was too critical of the Pac 12 last week and I think they may just have the 2nd best conference. And to show I'm not an SEC homer I thought the SEC played like garbage this weekend. Georgia and Tennessee were awful on defense, South Carolina was sleep walking the whole first half, and LSU struggled against Towson a D1AA school. Texas A&M looked good but Arkansas sucks and Alabama was just okay.

So who is better the Pac 12 or Big 12?

cesame

Reaction score
Kansas St gets no respect from me after backing out against Oregon this season.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SEC FAN":2r38ygo0 said:
I never heard about that. What happened?

They backed out as soon as Snyder came back last year. He wanted nothing to do with UO, while rebuilding.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You should be embarrassed comparing the Pac 12 to the Big 12.

I'm going to rate the conferences. 5 points for top 5 teams (IMO), 3 points for top 20 teams (IMO), 1 point for 21-39 teams, -1 point for any team under that.

Big 12 Total Score: 10 (1.0 Rating)
Kansas State +1
TCU +3
Texas +1
Texas Tech -1
West Virginia +3
Baylor +1
Iowa State +1
Oklahoma +1
Oklahoma State +1
Kansas -1

SEC Total Score: 20 (1.428 Rating)
Georgia +3
South Carolina +3
Florida +1
Missouri +1
Tennessee +1
Vanderbilt -1
Kentucky -1
Alabama +5
LSU +5
Mississippi State +3
Texas A&M +1
Ole Miss +1
Auburn -1
Arkansas -1

Pac 12 Total Score: 16 (1.333 Rating)
Oregon +5
Oregon St. +3
Washington +1
Stanford +3
Washington State -1
California -1
Arizona St. +3
UCLA +1
USC +3
Colorado -1
Utah -1
Arizona +1

seahawk2k

Reaction score
This is a down year for the Big 12, WV is loaded on offense, but a year away from being a national title team, and Oklahoma fans will even tell you that they just aren't very good this year.

Pac 12 is much better this year, but next year? Who knows.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I'd be embarrassed with that 3rd grade level point system you try to justify the Pac-12 with. 2 top 20 teams is better then a top 5 team? Get out of here with that garbage. Jeff Sagarin is laughing at you. How's your point system looking this week kid? Big 12 is 16 divided by 10. Pac 12 is 12 divided by 12. Lmao, what a joke.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":goygkkwz said:
You should be embarrassed comparing the Pac 12 to the Big 12.

I'm going to rate the conferences. 5 points for top 5 teams (IMO), 3 points for top 20 teams (IMO), 1 point for 21-39 teams, -1 point for any team under that.

Hmm...

A point system that compares total points from three conferences, one with 10 teams, one with 12 teams, and one with 14 teams. That should work.

I guess this explains the thought process in other threads as well.