Marcus Lattimore

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Leg snapped and bent backwards. Really tough to see that for any athlete but especially for a college or high school kid. The kid is a beast, who would have been a first round pick but with his blown out knee last year and now this its going to be tough for him going forward. Hopefully he heals up stronger then ever and can reach his NFL dream.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that really sucks.

I wish college kids like Lattimore could take out insurance policies against their future earnings. This kid mayve lost millions, for nothing. Sucks.

Rat

Reaction score
pehawk":6re32kun said:
I wish college kids like Lattimore could take out insurance policies against their future earnings. This kid mayve lost millions, for nothing. Sucks.
I'm pretty sure they can.

sc85sis

Reaction score
They can take out insurance policies IF they can afford them. I know Matt Leinart's dad took out a policy on him when Matt decided to return for that fifth year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":l9x3ilpj said:
Update:

SC_DougFarrar ‏@SC_DougFarrar
Oh, man... RT @HMack3 South Carolina RB Lattimore suffered a broken femur, broken patella, torn ACL, torn MCL, torn PCL, and torn LCL.
Holy Hell. I really feel bad for that kid. He worked his ass off to come back from the knee injury he suffered last year and now this.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ishpl69 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1ishpl69 said:
Update:

SC_DougFarrar ‏@SC_DougFarrar
Oh, man... RT @HMack3 South Carolina RB Lattimore suffered a broken femur, broken patella, torn ACL, torn MCL, torn PCL, and torn LCL.
Holy Hell. I really feel bad for that kid. He worked his ass off to come back from the knee injury he suffered last year and now this.

And we say Okung and Rice are made of glass....

Are we at the point where it's as stretch if he walks again?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1ct9tff5 said:
SeatownJay":1ct9tff5 said:

It had nothing to do with being made of glass, and I find that very disrespectful after a reportedly really good kid probably just lost his oppoturtunity to become a millionaire . it was a very unfortunate hit that would have destroyed anybody's leg.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":9xh2czyo said:
hawksfan515":9xh2czyo said:
SeatownJay":9xh2czyo said:

It had nothing to do with being made of glass, and I find that very disrespectful after a reportedly really good kid probably just lost his oppoturtunity to become a millionaire . it was a very unfortunate hit that would have destroyed anybody's leg.

My bad didn't mean it at disrespectful. what I kinda meant was we are lucky none of our players have even come CLOSE to an injury like this. We fans really go to far complaining about things like high ankle sprains. And yes it is sad. Too bad it happens to a good guy, a superstar as well, in Lattimore, but everyone in that sport knows what they're getting in too when they step on that field..... There is a chance that another player receives that hit and tears practically all his ligaments and snaps his leg in half. It's unfortunate when it happens to anyone, but it happens. It happens......

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I saw a video of the play on SportsCenter and I don't want to see it again. His leg was just flopping around and twisted halfway backward. It was ugly.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":49h21iqk said:
Yeah, that really sucks.

They can. Itula Mili was offered a "first round pick" insurance policy that would have paid him something like 3 million dollars for just a few thousand bucks. His parents couldn't afford it. The coaches (specifically Norm Chow) called them and said they needed to buy it. They just couldn't come up with the money, and of course even friends are considered boosters in that situation, and they couldn't get it done.

He ended up suffering the same injury as Lattimore late in the WAC Championship game against Wyoming in Las Vegas on the worst football field in the civilized world. The horror on his family's face was heartwrenching. I saw him at the hospital 2 weeks later and his wife was pushing him in a wheelchair. We talked for a few minutes and she told me his leg had essentially been torn off at the knee. It was so so sad. Luckily he worked his way back and had a pretty decent NFL career, but I always wonder what he might have been. He was running a 4.45 and played every position on offense but QB. The guy was a monster and a really good guy. Hopefully Lattimore's family had the means to get that contract.

I believe Brady Quinn had an insurance policy that went up into the 8 digits prior to returning for his last year.