Pac-12 Sucks So Bad

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Seriously? USC loses to unranked Arizona? OSU loses to unranked UW? Teams not even probably in the top 40. Wow.

I was just looking at who OSU, USC, and Stanford played. I don't even think anyone they even played is in the top 25 anymore after this weekend. Seriously go look. The only time USC or Stanford even played a current top 25 team is when they played each other :( . Oregon will probably keep dropping in the polls. Even putting up 70 on a conference opponent probably won't help them. Strength of schedule will possibly be Oregons demise. Go look at OSU and USC's schedule and tell me how they are even a top 20 team with those schedules and who have they beat, its Boise State level garbage. Stanfords claim to fame is beating USC lol. And some d bag Sonic guy was trying to say I should be embarrassed comparing the Pac-12 to the Big-12? Pac-12 is competing for the 4th best conference with the ACC at this point, forget about 2nd best.

So disappointing.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Arizona will probably be in the top 25 this week, but mostly I agree with you, the Pac 12 is Oregon and a bunch of average/crappy teams.

Just like the SEC is Alabama and a bunch of average/crappy teams.

Just like the Big 12 is K State and a bunch of average/crappy teams (although i'm not convinced that K State is really good).

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ue3yaip said:

Thats funny. Sorry J. I know how much you love your Ducks bro and the reality sucks man. Who knows man maybe USC beats Notre Dame, Kansas State loses in the Big 12 title game, and LSU loses to Alabama. Maybe that will be good enough but probably not looking at the garbage Pac-12. I was hoping the SEC could beat up on Oregon again in the National Title Game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SEC FAN":26p5t377 said:
JSeahawks":26p5t377 said:

Thats funny. Sorry J. I know how much you love your Ducks bro and the reality sucks man. Who knows man maybe Stanford beats Notre Dame, Kansas State loses in the Big 12 title game, and LSU loses to Alabama. Maybe that will be good enough but probably not looking at the garbage Pac-12.

Big 12 doesnt have a title game. Which is going to kill them when they have one less win then the other undefeateds. (if there are 3 undefeateds).

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Ahhh I forgot about that. I remember how Oklahoma State was crying about 2 SEC teams playing for the BCS Title Game. Maybe that will help Oregon but I'm don't think so. Oklahoma State only lost out because the SEC was a better conference. Same problem with Oregon. Who knows maybe undefeated with a Pac-12 Championship Game win can be enough.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SEC FAN":1kwevdme said:
Ahhh I forgot about that. I remember how Oklahoma State was crying about 2 SEC teams playing for the BCS Title Game. Maybe that will help Oregon but I'm don't think so. Oklahoma State only lost out because the SEC was a better conference. Same problem with Oregon.

If i were a betting man, which i'm not, i would bet that Alabama, Oregon and K State end up undefeated. I think USC will beat Notre Dame in Los angelas, i just dont think the ND offense is good enough. Oregon will solidify their number 2 ranking in the human polls and will benefit in the computer polls from beating Stanford, Oregon State, and USC twice, who should all be ranked in the top 20.

I think it will be Oregon vs Alabama in the title game. I think Alabama would likely be the favorite and should probably win, but it would shock me more if it was a blowout, then if Oregon beat them.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
K State is for real. Would love to see them play Oregon AND Alabama. Need the playoffs for this year and these 3 teams.

cesame

Reaction score
You can't name a team better than Oregon besides Alabama.

Fact.

cesame

Reaction score
Why would LSU have to lose to Alabama?

Makes no sense.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Arizona is a good team and would give any sec team fits. They beat top 25 Ok St by a ton, and like I've said choked vs or St. Honestly right now they should be 7-1, and they are the second best team in the PAC IMO.

Kstate would get blasted by Oregon, they don't have the speed to stop Oregon. Oklahoma, there biggest win, isn't a very good team. Klein wouldn't run all over the UO or bama d. Both d are far to athletic for him to do that.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think its funny that when there is parity in the Pac12 its because the conference sucks, but when its the SEC that has parity, that just means its strong from top to bottom.

K-State is good, but they are feasting on an abysmal conference this year. Big 12 is far worse than the Pac12. Bill Snyder has done another remarkable job though. That team has 7 win talent and they will probably go undefeated.

I thought for a long time that SC would beat Notre Dame, but SC is weak up front and Notre Dame is real stout. This ND defense is like those old Bob Davie defense before he became head coach.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SonicHawk":34mnwllc said:
K State is for real. Would love to see them play Oregon AND Alabama. Need the playoffs for this year and these 3 teams.

If Kansas State hadn't decided to let the computers play the "who's better game" this year, we might have seen the first match-up.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Texas A&M is a perfect example of how over-hyped the SEC is. After losing a 1st rd pick QB to the NFL they have gone 3-2 in SEC play so far. Last year with a Star QB they were 4-5 in Big 12 play. They move to the SEC and are just as competitive if not more. They barely lost to Florida (-3) and LSU (-5) the SEC's #2 and #3 teams. Kinda funny how the PAC-12's middling teams
Ore St beat Wisconsin Big 10 #4
UCLA beat Nebraska Big 10 #2
Arizona beat Ok St Big 12 #3

Another thing that blows my mind why does nobody mention how many home games the SEC powers have. Bama, LSU, and Florida only have 4 away games all season. Oregon, USC, Ore St, UCLA all have 5 away games and Stanford has 6. How about the SEC grows a pair and sends Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, or South Carolina to Oregon or USC for a game and see how they do. I love the season open LSU vs Oregon last year, but that was still basically a LSU home game. I was really hoping UW would be respectable this year down at LSU but they choked and havn't regained form since they lost Polk, Kearse, and Aguliar.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":sjnzrh4f said:
I think Texas A&M is a perfect example of how over-hyped the SEC is. After losing a 1st rd pick QB to the NFL they have gone 3-2 in SEC play so far. Last year with a Star QB they were 4-5 in Big 12 play. They move to the SEC and are just as competitive if not more. They barely lost to Florida (-3) and LSU (-5) the SEC's #2 and #3 teams.

Frankly, A&M didn't play to their talent level last several years in the Big 12.

They did replace Tannehill with a damn good player.

And got rid of a calm coach and replaced him with a very intense coach. I think Sherman "lost" a few of his players last year. Sumlin has everyone's attention and they want to play for him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2mmf3uro said:
Wenhawk":2mmf3uro said:
I think Texas A&M is a perfect example of how over-hyped the SEC is. After losing a 1st rd pick QB to the NFL they have gone 3-2 in SEC play so far. Last year with a Star QB they were 4-5 in Big 12 play. They move to the SEC and are just as competitive if not more. They barely lost to Florida (-3) and LSU (-5) the SEC's #2 and #3 teams.

Frankly, A&M didn't play to their talent level last several years in the Big 12.

They did replace Tannehill with a damn good player.

And got rid of a calm coach and replaced him with a very intense coach. I think Sherman "lost" a few of his players last year. Sumlin has everyone's attention and they want to play for him.

So A&M is better this year? even if so, they way people talk about the SEC would make you think it's not even worth comparing. It reminds me of the way Dem's laugh of every Obama flub.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I hate Texas A&M, but they are a better coached, better conditioned, mentally and physically, team this year. The SEC is down a little bit this year as Auburn, normally at least a seven win team, has completely fallen apart. Chizik will be gone(thank god) at the end of the year I hope. Arkansas, thanks to Petrino being, well Petrino and then the idiotic decision to make John L Smith as the interim, has led a very talented team to struggle early on. Yeah, Texas A&M is 3-2, but they've beaten three horrible SEC teams. It's like beating WSU, Colorado and Cal and thumping your chest about it. And they got LSU(Down this year) and Florida, at home. Numbers aren't everything.

This is the weakest the SEC has been in quite some time. So, all the people that hate the SEC, get your kicks in. Still think the Pac 12 and the SEC are by far the best conferences this year, third year in a row that has been the case.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The SEC has an embarrassment of riches on the athletic level, and a dearth of talent on the coaching level. Saban is really smart, but some of the coaching gaffes from the other SEC coaches are on the Monte Kiffen level of hilarious.

But if you want to really compare conferences, lets look at the NFL draft first. That is where the SEC truly shows it's superiority.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
"But if you want to really compare conferences, lets look at the NFL draft first. That is where the SEC truly shows it's superiority."

Well looking at the 2012 NFC Pro Bowl roster let's see which conference has the "best players" as we all know being drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean much just ask Aaron Curry, Koren Robinson, Jeremy Stevens.
9-PAC 12
8-SEC
8-ACC
5-BIG 10
3-BIG EAST
3-Conf USA
2-Mid American
2-Sun Belt
1-BIG 12

PAC 12-Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
BIG 10- Drew Brees, New Orleans
SEC-Eli Manning, N.Y. Giants
SEC-Cam Newton, Carolina
Big East-LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia
C_USA-Matt Forte, Chicago
ACC-Frank Gore, San Francisco
PAC 12-Marshawn Lynch, Seattle
Big 10-Michael Robinson, Seattle
DII-John Kuhn, Green Bay
Big East-Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona
PAC 12-Steve Smith, Carolina
Mid Amer- Greg Jennings, Green Bay
ACC -Calvin Johnson, Detroit
C USA-Roddy White, Atlanta
ACC-Jimmy Graham, New Orleans
PAC 12-Tony Gonzalez, Atl
SEC-Jason Peters, Philadelphia
Mid Amer-Joe Staley, San Francisco
DII - Jermon Bushrod, New Orleans
DII- Jahri Evans, New Orleans
Big 10-Carl Nicks, New Orleans
ACC - Davin Joseph, Tampa Bay
PAC 12-Ryan Kalil, Carolina
SEC - Scott Wells, Green Bay
Big Sky-Jared Allen, Minnesota
C USA-Jason Babin, Philadelphia
ACC-Julius Peppers, Chicago
Big East-Jason Pierre-Paul, N.Y. Giants
SEC-Jay Ratliff, Dallas
SEC-Justin Smith, San Francisco
ACC - B.J. Raji, Green Bay
PAC 12 -Clay Matthews, Green Bay
Sun Belt-DeMarcus Ware, Dallas
PAC 12-Lance Briggs, Chicago
Big 10-Chad Greenway, Minnesota
SEC-Patrick Willis, San Francisco
MW-Brian Urlacher, Chicago
DII-London Fletcher, Washington
BIG 10-Charles Woodson, Green Bay
PAC 12-Brandon Browner, Seattle
SEC-Carlos Rogers, San Francisco
Sun belt-Charles Tillman, Chicago
Big 12-Earl Thomas, Seattle
ACC-Kam Chancellor, Seattle
PAC 12-Dashon Goldson, San Francisco
ACC-Adrian Wilson, Arizona

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Without pulling the AFC pro bowl roster, I would say you are manipulating stats (and isn't the pro-bowl a popularity contest?).

By limiting players to fill a roster, you may be leaving off the 4th-10th best players at each position that are outstanding players and could have a majority of players from the SEC.

Also, the draft is closer picture of college players which is relevant when comparing "college" conferences. Great college players don't necessarily translate into great NFL players; (Tebow).