Ducks vs Cal

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm actually a bit worried about this game. Hopefully the offense wins it.

Defense is playing without 4 of their top 5 d'linemen. And the 1 that was playing just got hurt on the 2nd series, so we now have 0 of our top 5 d'linemen.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Now avery patterson, knee injury. Ducks are dropping like flies. This game is turning into a nightmare.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think it's adorable that, even as arguably the best team in the country, you find reasons to be worried about games against far lesser teams.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Looks like Mariota is going to go back in. Throwing the ball on the sideline.

I just want this game over and a W. Everytime we go to Cal all this bullshit happens.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2iob0ysx said:
Oregon's finally starting to look like Oregon. That was a typical Duck drive.

Yea, breathing a little easier now. For whatever reason the Ducks seem to struggle at Cal, no matter how good either team is.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Need those FR to step it up on D! Missing 3 of 4 dlineman tonight, Buckner has played well but need Armstead to play like a 6'8 295 DE man child he can be. Allowing Cal to run for far to many yards tonight.

Positive, Mariota just gets better and better. Not sure what pro QB he reminds me of, but the kid could be a legend by the time he leaves UO. Has 2 td's tonight, and already had the FR TD record for the Pac 10/12 coming into the game with 22.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":b79pfyrl said:
Positive, Mariota just gets better and better. Not sure what pro QB he reminds me of, but the kid could be a legend by the time he leaves UO.

There's not really anybody that he compares to perfectly. The best i can come up wtih is that he's a more composed and calm Randall Cunningham. His in game demeanor is amazing. He's the most calm football player i've ever seen. Russell Wilson gets a lot of credit for that (rightfully so) and Mariota makes Russell Wilson look like a spaz.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1krh9gj9 said:
Wow, the Bears just ran right through Oregon's defense on that drive.

We have absolutely no d'line right now. The guys who are out there are getting absolutely manhandled. If i'm Cal i dont call another pass the rest of the game. Because these young guys can rush the passer, but they're getting embarassed in the run game.

sturg78

Reaction score
Announcer said Ducks 3rd string te is playing on the dline.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sturg78":2rcup9rf said:
Announcer said Ducks 3rd string te is playing on the dline.

We've got 3 true freshman on the d'line right now plus a guy who just converted from Tight end. 1 of them playing in his first game cuz we had to pull his redshirt. Literally, our top 5 d'linemen are out.

Its ugly, but we gotta get the W!

CPHawk

Reaction score
UO was playing all FR on the Dline and all 3 LB where FR the last series. Crazy how injuries have hit the DL, but good news is all but Wade K will be back next week for Stanford. It's so bad tonight, UO is playing there 2nd string TE at DE.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Mariota: 27-34, 377 yards and 6 TD's. The kid is scary good. So composed and under control out there, its amazing to think he only started one year in high school and now is doing this as a freshman.