Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm
Posts: 460
Offense = ?

Defense = ?

Offense = Tavon austin or de anthony thomas titus young percy harvin type

Defense = Dominant Defensive player ala (Von miller or jj watt)

Suggestions??????

_________________
Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:35 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8878
Location: With a white girl
I actually don't think we're missing "that one piece". What we're missing is experience.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2228
On offense we are missing a big time WR. We need another guy with size....not a smurf.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 1551
So we are missing one guy but from both sides of the ball? Hm.....general manager....

We are finally starting to see a team that can afford to go best player available. There aren't glaring holes in our team anymore. After the first few weeks I thought WR was a huge area of concern, but Rice is showing he can be a #1 if he gets the ball and Tate can score TDs if he doesn't dance around.

We still need a DE/LB hybrid in the mold of Clay Matthews. I'm hoping we upgrade Leroy Hill.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
You know what's really missing? Punctuation, grammar, complete sentences, and new questions.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:34 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8878
Location: With a white girl
Sarlacc83 wrote:
You know what's really missing? Punctuation, grammar, complete sentences, and new questions.


I wouldn't say he's "missing" it so much as the concept eludes him.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 am
Posts: 333
Offensively I think the one thing we are missing is that go-to, I don't care if he is covered, its thrid down and we need a big play guy.

All the top teams have one, thats the main thing I think we are missing.

As for defense. I truly believe we have a couple of those guys. ET is the best Safety in the league. He is always around the ball, he just needs to make those catches. The other is KJ Wright. I believe some time in the next year or two, he will be that big play unstopable force on this defense. He has all the potential. And he shows glimmers of that ability every once in a while.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:11 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm
Posts: 460
Its Sidney Rice

Its Leroy Hill's Replacement

_________________
Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:25 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17344
Location: Graham, WA
I think our guy on offense goes by the name Marshawn Lynch, I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH SO DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT!!! :sarcasm_off:

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm
Posts: 460
Throwdown wrote:
I think our guy on offense goes by the name Marshawn Lynch, I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH SO DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT!!! :sarcasm_off:


Good one!!!

_________________
Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:47 am
Posts: 521
Any one of the following players could be the missing piece for the Seahawks...

Offense (draft): Rutgers (WR) Brandon Coleman 6-6 220 lbs.
Offense (free agent): (WR) Mike Wallace - Wallace's speed is elite and would be a outstanding deep threat for Wilson to throw to.
or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.

Defense (draft): Oregon (DE/LB) Dion Jordan - Coach Carroll could use Jordan in a number of different ways...Opposing offense's would have to scheme around Jordan.
Defense (free agent): (DT) Glenn Dorsey - He has been a disappointment with the Chiefs, but I think he could thrive on our defense as the 3-tech.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm
Posts: 1225
cover-2 wrote:
or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.


Zach Miller was a Pro-Bowl TE with Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski throwing to him. Russell Wilson is better than those guys IMO.

We don't need to upgrade our starting TE, we need to use him. Miller was a 60 catch a season guy before he got to Seattle. We are 9 games into the season and he has 18 catches.

We are already wasting away a very good receiving TE, what would be the point of bringing in another one?

_________________
Football Outsiders wrote:
The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm
Posts: 460
Chapow wrote:
cover-2 wrote:
or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.


Zach Miller was a Pro-Bowl TE with Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski throwing to him. Russell Wilson is better than those guys IMO.

We don't need to upgrade our starting TE, we need to use him. Miller was a 60 catch a season guy before he got to Seattle. We are 9 games into the season and he has 18 catches.

We are already wasting away a very good receiving TE, what would be the point of bringing in another one?


Yeah but Anthony McCoy has looked pretty good at times and Evan Moore is fall out terrible

Adding a pass catching type TE to our group

_________________
Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
They had one in Winslow. It's not too late to add him is it? If it looks like we're heading for the playoffs I think you go and sign a guy like Winslow.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing that one guy!!!
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:47 am
Posts: 521
skater18000 wrote:
Chapow wrote:
cover-2 wrote:
or (TE) Jarred Cook - Cook at 6-5 and a 4.5 40-yard speed is one of the most talented young TE's in the NFL. Cook could be a Pro-Bowl TE with Russell Wilson throwing to him.


Zach Miller was a Pro-Bowl TE with Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski throwing to him. Russell Wilson is better than those guys IMO.

We don't need to upgrade our starting TE, we need to use him. Miller was a 60 catch a season guy before he got to Seattle. We are 9 games into the season and he has 18 catches.

We are already wasting away a very good receiving TE, what would be the point of bringing in another one?


Yeah but Anthony McCoy has looked pretty good at times and Evan Moore is fall out terrible

Adding a pass catching type TE to our group


Miller was a nice TE when with the Raiders, but the only reason he had as many receptions as he did was because the Raiders WR's all sucked and Campbell and Gradkowski basically had no one else to throw to. Miller is not a guy that can stretch the seam and be a big playmaker for us. Miller has below average speed for a TE and is not going to get a lot of separation, and this is why I think we could upgrade or at least add another more athletic TE. I'm not saying use a 1st round pick on a TE, but we should target a more athletic TE in the 2nd or 3rd round or sign Cook. McCoy is just another guy nothing special and has yet to prove himself as a legit player.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.