BCS

sturg78

Reaction score
K-state, Orego, ND, SEC x6. I know SEC is good but they really get sucked off by everyone. Nothing would make me happier then to follow up that boring BCS title game last year with an SEC-less title game this year.

Go Ducks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If all win out this season:

Oregon will have beaten 6 ranked teams.
K State and Notre Dame 5 ranked teams each.
Alabama 4 ranked teams.
Georgia 2 ranked teams

The SEC has so many highly ranked teams because tehy get 4 non conference games against cupcakes, (pac 12 teams get 3 non conference games and tend to schedule tougher opponents). Plus, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams, which the good teams feed off. All these "great" SEC teams dont play each other nearly as much as they'd like us all to think.

Its frustrating. But Oregon at 1 or 2 is all I really care about.

Rat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3596y8cb said:
The SEC has so many highly ranked teams because tehy get 4 non conference games against cupcakes, (pac 12 teams get 3 non conference games and tend to schedule tougher opponents).
True. Those SEC teams would be a lot more legit if they had scheduled a non-conference slate of Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennessee Tech.

cesame

Reaction score
Oregon scheduled Kansas State and they backed out.

Oregon has been pretty good at scheduling OOC opponents. Lame attempt at a burn.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Rat":3e7kd9vn said:
JSeahawks":3e7kd9vn said:
The SEC has so many highly ranked teams because tehy get 4 non conference games against cupcakes, (pac 12 teams get 3 non conference games and tend to schedule tougher opponents).
True. Those SEC teams would be a lot more legit if they had scheduled a non-conference slate of Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennessee Tech.

Notice I didnt say anything about who oregon scheduled. I agree with you, Oregon's out of conference schedule was ridiculous this year (although I believe both Arkansas State and Fresno State are bowl eligible). And they'll still play twice as many ranked teams as either Alabama or Georgia.

Rat

Reaction score
I was just giving you hard time. I know Oregon typically schedules good OOC games like Boise State, LSU, Utah, etc. I'm an Ohio State fan, and it's the same thing this year. The Buckeyes usually have a great OOC schedule, with recent home-and-homes with Texas, USC, and Miami. However, this year's OOC was embarrassingly weak: Miami (OH), UCF, Cal, and UAB. We have some tough ones scheduled in upcoming years, though.

Alabama has actually scheduled one solid OOC game for about 6-7 years straight. They had a neutral field game against Michigan, who was ranked 8th to start the year, and were expected to be great this year. They had a home and home against a respectable Penn State team the two years prior, and then had OOC games against top 10 teams in 08 and 09. Georgia has had a few good ones recently, with Boise State and Oklahoma State at times when those schools were ranked in the top 10.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ohio State vs Oregon in 2020 and 2021. Prepare to have your ass kicked!!!

Too bad that Ohio State is ineligible this year, would be curious to see where they would land in the BCS. I'm guessing probably fighting it out wtih Notre Dame for 3rd because of the crappyness of their conference. Although I think Ohio State is a much better team then Notre Dame.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The thing that worries me the most about the new BCS Standings is Washington being #25. The last few years every time Washington's entered the rankings they've lost the next week.

Rat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2t2j5mgv said:
Ohio State vs Oregon in 2020 and 2021. Prepare to have your ass kicked!!!

Too bad that Ohio State is ineligible this year, would be curious to see where they would land in the BCS. I'm guessing probably fighting it out wtih Notre Dame for 3rd because of the crappyness of their conference. Although I think Ohio State is a much better team then Notre Dame.

Probably the Rose Bowl against UCLA. Ohio State looked pretty good against Nebraska earlier this year, and I think they'd beat them again in the Big 10 Championship Game to get that Rose Bowl spot.

I've watched a lot of both Ohio State and Notre Dame this year, and honestly, Notre Dame has looked better to me. Both have been finding ways to win at the end of games, but the Buckeye defense has been surprisingly bad. We were very fortunate to have snuck away with wins against some very mediocre teams (namely Purdue and Cal). However, Braxton Miller is a stud, and the running game has come on big time as of late, so I'm pretty psyched about the next few years, assuming the defense gets under control some. I wish those two Oregon games had been scheduled closer to the present. I think they would be a lot of fun (although not this year; Oregon probably would have won with a score of something like 56-35).

DTexHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2f5ts7w4 said:
Plus, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams, which the good teams feed off. All these "great" SEC teams dont play each other nearly as much as they'd like us all to think.

That has changed a little since they expanded, sorta like getting to play CO. :p

Add 2 more teams to the PAC. That likely would ease the schedule for the current members.

HawkGA

Reaction score
DTexHawk":377atvv4 said:
JSeahawks":377atvv4 said:
Plus, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams, which the good teams feed off. All these "great" SEC teams dont play each other nearly as much as they'd like us all to think.

That has changed a little since they expanded, sorta like getting to play CO. :p

Add 2 more teams to the PAC. That likely would ease the schedule for the current members.

I think you mean Wazzu.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":2bqdgeva said:
DTexHawk":2bqdgeva said:
JSeahawks":2bqdgeva said:

I think you mean Wazzu.

Strangely enough Wazzu usually gives Oregon one of its better challenges. I'd much rather play Washington then Washington State, even though Washington is clearly the better team.

Colorado is criminally bad. I wish we could send them back to the Big 12.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Based on the points K-State puts up, I'd like to see them play Oregon (if it's not Bama). Pretty sure ND would get their asses handed to them. They don't come across as dynamic enough to make an entertaining game (let alone win). I think Oregon and K-State could put up 70+ each.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":1jynllpb said:
Based on the points K-State puts up, I'd like to see them play Oregon (if it's not Bama). Pretty sure ND would get their asses handed to them. They don't come across as dynamic enough to make an entertaining game (let alone win). I think Oregon and K-State could put up 70+ each.

K State is not even close to fast enough or athletic enough to hang with Oregon. 52-21 Ducks win. Neither K State or Notre Dame could stay within 25 points of Oregon in my opinion. (assuming the good health of Mariota and Barner).

I'm not even scared of Alabama anymore after watching what Oregon's JV Team (Texas A&M) did to them. Alabama couldnt score enough to keep up with the Ducks. I dont know enough about Georgia to know how we'd match up against them, but think they might be the toughest of the bunch, as I believe they have a few studs in their defensive front 7?

In my opinion the biggest obstacle between teh Ducks and a national championship is still USC, if we meet them in the Pac 12 title game. If there offense is on they're a pretty tough matchup for us. Although I expect the Ducks to win that game by 20+ as well since we'll get them at home this time.

Of course, we've got to get thru Stanford and Oregon State first, with a depleted defense. Although I expect both of those games to be blowouts as well to be honest. Oregon's offense is just incredible this year and will outscore all opponents, in my not so humble opinion.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27bevrc2 said:
I'm not even scared of Alabama anymore after watching what Oregon's JV Team (Texas A&M) did to them.

Got a chuckle out of me. :lol:

Would like to see how the Duck's D would fare against A&M.

Looking down the road, not likely to occur, but don't you think ALA learned a little something against A&M that could help them prepare for ORE if they met. :stirthepot: