Teams that will try to acquire new QB this offseason

LawHawk

Reaction score
Even though the Seahawks are not QB-hungry like they have been the last few years, I still think it’s interesting to keep track of how many teams will be in the market for a quarterback. My standard is: if a first-round quality QB fell to this team in the draft, would the team pick QB? Here’s my list:

Definitely would select QB given the chance
Chiefs
Cardinals

Probably would select QB given the chance
Eagles
Bills

Might select QB, depending on draft order/value or coaching change
Jaguars
Raiders
Jets
Vikings
Ravens (only if Flacco walks in free agency, which I think is highly unlikely)
Browns (only if new head coach AND Weeden looks awful all year)

kearly

Reaction score
Good list. I'd probably swap the Raiders/Eagles- although it's conceivable that a new coach in Philly might want a new QB, despite what Nick Foles showed in the preseason. Carson Palmer is old, injury prone, and a scheme misfit. Unless they think Terrelle Pryor is the future, which strikes me as unlikely, they need to find that future QB ASAP. As long as Carson Palmer is starting, the Raiders won't have legit playoff hopes, not even in the weaker AFC. Maybe they swing a trade for Flynn as a long cost / high reward move, but if I'm Matt Barkley is at my pick I just can't conceive an excuse for them to pass on him. Especially since the top 10 picks this year are not looking that great. It's kind of a 2009-ish draft class. Oakland passing on Matt Barkley would be like Detroit passing on Matt Stafford for Aaron Curry.