Arkansas fans claiming Sark to Fayetteville

CPHawk

Reaction score
Just yesterday they where claiming the HC from Vandy was taking the job. Doubt anyone in their right mind would move from Seattle to Arkansas, unless they are from Arkansas.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, I dont see this happening. If Kiffen were to get fired and USC gave Sark a call, or if the NFL came calling i could see Sark leaving. I can't see him leaving for Arkansas.

pehawk

Reaction score
This will come off as way homer, but if I were the Jags, Titans, Bills I'd call Sark. Cheap and potential to be great. I'm not sure he's quite ready yet, but he's a pro coach, IMO.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Makes a lot more sense for those rumors to result in Wilcox getting pulled away from UW than Sark. I don't think Sark is going anywhere. Wilcox is a rental, the guys a wizard, I'd be shocked if he's still the DC next year.

kearly

Reaction score
The most interesting thing about this story to me- Nick Holt is currently a defensive coach at Arkansas. That could get awkward.

As far as who it is- I'd say it's 10 times more likely that it's Wilcox going to Arkansas, not Sark. UW is a higher profile program in a more winnable conference, and he's finally getting that team together. That plus Arkansas is losing their star QB and WR this offseason. The guy who pulls the trigger at Arkansas visited Seattle right around the time Wilcox was hired there. Wilcox also came from the SEC just before last season so there is a lot of familiarity as well.

jkitsune

Reaction score
If it IS Wilcox, I hope that the AD opens up the wallet to keep the guy. What he has done to the Huskies D is nothing short of remarkable. Sark and the AD deserve all the credit in the world for how they revamped the defensive staff, and Wilcox for what he's done with the opportunity.

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
jkitsune":1rxp3orr said:
If it IS Wilcox, I hope that the AD opens up the wallet to keep the guy. What he has done to the Huskies D is nothing short of remarkable. Sark and the AD deserve all the credit in the world for how they revamped the defensive staff, and Wilcox for what he's done with the opportunity.
The talent was always there on defense. They were really young (still are) and Holt was just incompetent, but it's not as if Wilcox is making something out of nothing. They have recruited pretty well on defense.

Give Wilcox a ton of credit for changing the overall attitude and also the scheme to better fit the players. Moving Timu inside, for example, into more of a QB of the defense role (he played QB and S in HS) has been huge in his development.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I don't think Holt is allowed anywhere near AR defense...haha, I believe his title is "on campus recruiting co-ordinator".

-SH

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think Arkansas is a pretty good gig. Petrino proved you can win and recruit there. It may not be one of the best jobs in the SEC, but its better than most west coast gigs. They will surely pay their brains out too. I am a little worried by this news...

SEC FAN

Reaction score
kearly":1e5dhhmg said:
The most interesting thing about this story to me- Nick Holt is currently a defensive coach at Arkansas. That could get awkward.

As far as who it is- I'd say it's 10 times more likely that it's Wilcox going to Arkansas, not Sark. UW is a higher profile program in a more winnable conference, and he's finally getting that team together. That plus Arkansas is losing their star QB and WR this offseason. The guy who pulls the trigger at Arkansas visited Seattle right around the time Wilcox was hired there. Wilcox also came from the SEC just before last season so there is a lot of familiarity as well.

Nah, Holt is some kind of on campus recruiting guy, not part of the coaching staff. He's gone anyway since he was a John L. Smith guy. I wouldn't sweat it my west coast Seahawkers. Their has been a lot of strange rumors running around down here. I heard one while I was driving around today that said Les Miles is being offered a 27.5 million dollar deal for 5 years at Arkansas. I would love to see Sark and Wilcox back here though. With the athletes they could get, I think they could be a dynamic duo and make our conference even better. As for the QB thing, I think they are okay. They scored a 4 star guy a year or 2 ago and another guy this year. Both guys are last named Allen and are brothers if I remember correctly. People need to remember that Arkansas was rated a top 10 team coming into this season so the talent is there.

Don't sweat it though. Unless Sark can retain Wilcox, and he's all about the cash grab and wants to double his contract I hear Arkansas is willing to pay. I don't think this story has any legs. I think its more about Arkansas sending out feelers to see who may have interest. They don't owe any money to any former coaches since John L. Smith was a rental and Petrino was breach of contract, so they got 5+ million a year to spend on a coach.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
The Sark rumor is starting to gain momentum. Chris Peterson is also being mentioned (Boise State). Miles supposedly has an offer but from what I've heard down here it is being used as leverage for better contract by Miles' agent.

The facts are Sark could possibly double his income, is viewed as a guy who can turn a program around, is considered a great play caller, and maybe he can retain Wilcox who has a SEC background. The bad is Sark (Arkansas) has to pay 2.5 million to break his current contract, has no recruiting ties down here, and is an unknown to the fans.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think if Sark were to leave this year, Wilcox would be first offered to take the HC position at UW.

So either way, I'm down for it. I do not want to lose Wilcox at all.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Wilcox is also a PAC guy at heart if I remember correctly. Played and coached in the PAC before going to the SEC for a few years. And Sark is definitely a west coast guy.

I doubt the rumors have legs, but I've been surprised and disappointed by coaches before. Sark's a good coach and a good recruiter, and it'd be a shame to lose a guy like that.