MAC Championship

NYCoug

Reaction score
I love the Pac-12 and everything but for some reason I'm watching Northern Illinois vs. Kent State instead. The Huskies have been able to stifle Dri Archer, Kent State's dynamic playmaker, for the most part but Kent State is mounting a comeback with the hopes of cracking a BCS Bowl for the first time ever and clinching a MAC Championship for the first time in 40 years.

27-20 NIU 4th Quarter around 5 minutes to go

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Scratch that!

NIU fumbles on the next drive, Kent State recovers and takes it to the house! NIU's QB Jordan Lynch is 3rd in the Nation in Total Yards in his first season after taking over for Chandler Harnish, whom many a Seahawks fan will remember from Draft time in our seemingly endless pursuit of any QB with half a shred of potential. Lynch actually reminds me of Marshawn Lynch when he runs the ball. Closest thing you'll ever see from a QB of course. Big time arm too.

27-27, Kent State comes back from down 27-13 in 15 seconds. This is insane!

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm damn glad I decided to watch this. NIU marched it down the field to take the 34-27 lead but Kent State just pulled another come from behind TD out of their ass!

34-34 4th Quarter 39 seconds left!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Reverse on 3rd and 1 at the 3 yard line in overtime. Wow, not smart. That stupid call probably just cost them a BCS birth.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2focwveg said:
Reverse on 3rd and 1 at the 3 yard line in overtime. Wow, not smart. That stupid call probably just cost them a BCS birth.

Especially when you have a 250 pound RB who was rammin it down their throats all drive long. Wild play call. Early-2012 Bevell right there.

Both kickers squeeze one through to tie it up after the 1st OT, 37-37... NIU ball

I'm pulling for Kent State here. It'll give my boy Josh Cribbs something to cheer about.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
NIU (21) wins. UCLA (16) and Kent State (17) lost. The Huskies need Texas (18) to lose to K-State today and hope the pollsters vote them ahead of idle Michigan (19) and Boise State (20) to make the BCS.