Really tough to say not likely but who knows.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Early in the season it seemed WR would be our biggest need this off season but with the recent chemistry Russell seems to be building with Tate and Rice i do not think it is something we should look into till like round 3 or 4. Malcom Smith did well today playing for Leroy Hill. So maybe with more experience he could fill that void and bring some fresh legs and burst to the position. I am not currently sold on anyone on our offensive line except for Okung. After today i am still extremely worried about our Defensive line's inability to create pressure with 4 guys rushing the passer. But looking at this class i do not see any elite every down DT's that can factor in the run game and make consistent pressure up the middle on passing downs. One guy sticks out and that is Star Lotulelei from Utah but his effort is lacking and he needs some coaching yet but the upside is there and i doubt he will still be there when it comes time for us to pick late in Round 1.

If i had to pick this is what i would like to see us do.
Rnd 1- Chance Warmack OG typically do not go early. So perhaps we could luck out and trade up to get Chance Warmack if he is still there outside the top 15. (Doubtful but maybe) or perhaps Jonathan Cooper will still be there.

Rnd 2- Arthur Brown OLB Coach Carroll himself is quoted as saying his is the best LB prospect i have ever scouted. Other pick if still there Khaseem Greene Rutgers. Been a tackle machine all year on that defense and just because he is small he isn't scared to take on blockers in the run game. Extremely Aggressive Player.

Rnd 3-Ricky Wagner OT yet another Wisconsin OL that could come in and perhaps push Giacomini for his Starting spot. Perhaps there will be some better prospects on the board at this time but i am trying to be as realistic as possible. D.J Fluker maybe if he is still there he looked very good against Georgia from spots in the game i saw here and there.

I highly doubt the draft will go like this at all. But it is the draft and anything can happen especially with this front office but i think these 3 positions are what will help us the most and 3 guys i would like to see on this team. I would love a DT but i just don't see a Geno Atkins, Suh, Ngata or Raji type player to make that impact we need on the interior line.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I'm not saying you are wrong but the Seahawks just came off of a RARE and emotional win on the road. Take a few days and consider who the Seahawks have as options other than Rice, Tate and Miller. You may want to add another play maker there and add depth. Just think about where we would be sitting without an injury prone Rice and McCoy. Would you want to go into a game with Tate, Baldwin, Miller and/or McCoy as your answers?

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
SEC FAN":19kygasv said:
I'm not saying you are wrong but the Seahawks just came off of a RARE and emotional win on the road. Take a few days and consider who the Seahawks have as options other than Rice, Tate and Miller. You may want to add another play maker there and add depth. Just think about where we would be sitting without an injury prone Rice and McCoy. Would you want to go into a game with Tate, Baldwin, Miller and/or McCoy as your answers?
Man do I agree with you, weapons are needed. Russell is the truth, and he was dynamic today. Saying that remember what this team is. A running team, so an o lineman wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. After today though, it's a no doubter that pass rush (3 tech Dt) is number 1 need.

OP
OP
K

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
SEC FAN":94c0caw0 said:

I didn't say we wouldn't try to add depth at WR. Just said later in the draft. I did say I would want an everydown DT that can consistently rush the passer but I am just not sure of there are any stars or difference makers in this class. Coleman I think will stay in college he could use a bit more polish. Like I said who knows what this FO will do.

cover-2

Reaction score
I completely opposed to drafting another offensive lineman in the 1st round or even the first 3 rounds of the draft. Good offensive lines just need playing time to jell as a cohesive unit. I scouted Chance Warmack for the 1st time during the SEC championship and he looked good, but not top-20 type of guy. In that game Warmack gave up a sack to 350 lb Jonathan Jenkins, whom is not known as a pass rushing DT. We have one of the best o-line coaches in the NFL, let him develop some of the players that are on the roster.

I really like Arthur Brown in the 2nd, but if an equally talented WR or TE is there then I would prefer an offensive playmaker.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Don't let the wanna be's see you promoting a O-line player early in the draft...they'll flame you for it. Even if it does make sense.

OP
OP
K

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
SEC FAN":13uffo32 said:

I would actually because i think Russell Wilson has the ability to make everyone around him better.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":214trrp5 said:
Early in the season it seemed WR would be our biggest need this off season but with the recent chemistry Russell seems to be building with Tate and Rice i do not think it is something we should look into till like round 3 or 4. Malcom Smith did well today playing for Leroy Hill. So maybe with more experience he could fill that void and bring some fresh legs and burst to the position. I am not currently sold on anyone on our offensive line except for Okung. After today i am still extremely worried about our Defensive line's inability to create pressure with 4 guys rushing the passer. But looking at this class i do not see any elite every down DT's that can factor in the run game and make consistent pressure up the middle on passing downs. One guy sticks out and that is Star Lotulelei from Utah but his effort is lacking and he needs some coaching yet but the upside is there and i doubt he will still be there when it comes time for us to pick late in Round 1.

If i had to pick this is what i would like to see us do.
Rnd 1- Chance Warmack OG typically do not go early. So perhaps we could luck out and trade up to get Chance Warmack if he is still there outside the top 15. (Doubtful but maybe) or perhaps Jonathan Cooper will still be there.

Rnd 2- Arthur Brown OLB Coach Carroll himself is quoted as saying his is the best LB prospect i have ever scouted. Other pick if still there Khaseem Greene Rutgers. Been a tackle machine all year on that defense and just because he is small he isn't scared to take on blockers in the run game. Extremely Aggressive Player.

Rnd 3-Ricky Wagner OT yet another Wisconsin OL that could come in and perhaps push Giacomini for his Starting spot. Perhaps there will be some better prospects on the board at this time but i am trying to be as realistic as possible. D.J Fluker maybe if he is still there he looked very good against Georgia from spots in the game i saw here and there.

I highly doubt the draft will go like this at all. But it is the draft and anything can happen especially with this front office but i think these 3 positions are what will help us the most and 3 guys i would like to see on this team. I would love a DT but i just don't see a Geno Atkins, Suh, Ngata or Raji type player to make that impact we need on the interior line.

Where/When did PC say that Arthur Brown was the best LBer he ever scouted? I've never heard/read that. I'd be interested to know. I don't anything about this guy, but it sounds like he can really play despite his smaller stature (6-1,230 isn't exactly big).

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":12ri7dtt said:
Don't let the wanna be's see you promoting a O-line player early in the draft...they'll flame you for it. Even if it does make sense.

:lol:

Did you write that with sad tears splashing onto the keyboard again?

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we will have to draft the QBOTF at some point, remember you don't win without a pick in the top ten of the first round in this day and age. We will have to bite that bullet at some point since Wilson could never win anything being a third rounder. I beleive English made a bunch of statistical breakdowns and proved that we will suck till we do this.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Would you care to find that particular article to back that up? Or are you going to accept you've just made up a load of absolute bollocks and we'll move on?

Article from May 1st 2012, four days after Wilson was drafted. Title: "The argument for Russell Wilson starting in 2012": http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-argume ... ng-in-2012

Keep fighting the good fight, Chris.

pehawk

Reaction score
I like to bash the draft guys as much as the next, but, I dont ever recall English being a "lose for a better pick" guy. I could be wrong, but those culprits we're kearly and Hawks46 before the 2010 regular season finale.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2wl7wxpr said:
Jazzhawk":2wl7wxpr said:

:lol:

Did you write that with sad tears splashing onto the keyboard again?
Nope...just get fed up with people attacking everything. But, being as I just got laid off, my attitude isn't very good, so I'm gonna go stay away from your posts for the time being.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1ceashxa said:
Nope...just get fed up with people attacking everything. But, being as I just got laid off, my attitude isn't very good, so I'm gonna go stay away from your posts for the time being.

Well don't make the unnecessary jibe. Then nobody gets on your back.

And having a different opinion does not = an 'attack'.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I see a theme developing in the draft forum. Anything the Niners are really good at is where we suddenly have big needs. O-line, D-line. I am glad our management has a little different plan of attack.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2r3btinl said:
I see a theme developing in the draft forum. Anything the Niners are really good at is where we suddenly have big needs. O-line, D-line. I am glad our management has a little different plan of attack.

There's a few other themes.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2cauyxh7 said:
Scottemojo":2cauyxh7 said:

Admit it, you are just happy I am wrong about something. For once.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":20p5nv0z said:
pehawk":20p5nv0z said:
Scottemojo":20p5nv0z said:

Admit it, you are just happy I am wrong about something. For once.

I woke up my daughter early to tell her. "I'm right, scottmojo's wrong sweetie, I did it!" Then I sang the Dora song "I did it, yeah, yeah, I did it". Now I know how the other side lives, and the other side is DTexhawk.

Including Vernon Davis and FA's, dont the niners have 4 1st rounders across the line? That's a great thing to have, but IMO, it's a product of years of horrific coaching across that line. Instead of coaching up the talent they had, they just kept drafting, signing, clutivating 1st rounders, believing personnel was the issue. Thats my view of it.

Not dissing Harbaugh, but man did he walk into a loaded situation. Maybe he'll leave for the Cleveland job next year?