Frankly...the way the Seahawks O-line has been lately

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The early draft should go to stud RT and another guard.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3q51y0r7 said:
The early draft should go to stud RT and another guard.

Because that worked so well last time.

There are very capable mid-round tackles and guards all over the league.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
*Groan*

Ask any offensive lineman what the key is to creating a great line. They'll tell you it's time on the field together. I asked one a few weeks ago who was in the Super Bowl last year. The single most important thing for a line to work is familiarity, working as a group, growing together and acting as one. If you keep swapping players in and out every season, you're never going to get that. You draft a rookie and put him at RT and he struggles a bit in year one, what then? Draft another? It's the easiest position to say every year - 'draft another lineman'. The offensive line is not the biggest issue here. It's not even the second biggest issue. Time to spend high picks on other areas of the team.

pehawk

Reaction score
Haha, Montana and English think Jazz and 515 are dumb! You got a "groan" and a "that worked well last time".

Montanta and English remind me of Jimmy Fallon's IT guy character from SNL, anytime non-cred draft person speaks.

[youtube]tfKL6RM8hsY[/youtube]

Dummies!

pehawk

Reaction score
Chip on my shoulder?

Jeez, lighten up nancy. Or learn to laugh at yourself a bit.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
pehawk":32apizho said:
Haha, Montana and English think Jazz and 515 are dumb! You got a "groan" and a "that worked well last time".

Montanta and English remind me of Jimmy Fallon's IT guy character from SNL, anytime non-cred draft person speaks.

Dummies!

I was using intense sarcasm in my post, for the record. While I am not really against spending a whole bunch of 1st rounders on O-line (whole bunch of people wanted Decastro last year... not me), we have bigger needs, and cohesion on the line is a need too, and that comes with time.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":29f01ks0 said:
Chip on my shoulder?

Jeez, lighten up nancy. Or learn to laugh at yourself a bit.

That's not an obvious 'light hearted post' in fairness. Just looked like a dig. You end the post with 'dummies'.

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":ueokh9ry said:
pehawk":ueokh9ry said:

Dummies!

I was using intense sarcasm in my post, for the record. While I am not really against spending a whole bunch of 1st rounders on O-line (whole bunch of people wanted Decastro last year... not me), we have bigger needs, and cohesion on the line is a need too, and that comes with time.

I know you were.

I was joking and being sarcastic too. That chip on my shoulder, weighs me down, and actually lends me to compliment English's blog, quite a bit on here. That's what people with chips on their shoulders do, compliment and thank others for their hard work.

The dummies went along with the Fallon thing.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Can I recommend using the sarcasm button next time then? Because that was not obvious at all.

pehawk

Reaction score
Not sure how a sarcasm button would've removed the chip from my shoulder or enabled you to laugh at yourself a bit? But, once I find a button which does those things, I'll use it/them.

Until then, can you type "groan" again for me?

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not against drafting an O-lineman in round 1 if the team feels he's a lock for the pro-bowl.

That said, our current line is extremely under-rated here at .net. Football outsiders ranks them 6th in run blocking and 18th in pass blocking. This after YEARS of being in the 30s in both categories from the Tim Ruskell regime.

Quite frankly, the fan situation with our O-line reminds me of the fan situation in Denver with Broncos fans when it came to QB. One by one, Griese, Plummer, and Cutler would all have good or even great seasons, and fans always thought they sucked because they weren't John Elway, who's legend made him an even better QB in memory than he was in reality. That was why Peyton Manning was so perfect for Denver, because finally Broncos fans had a QB where even the biggest homer wouldn't compare him unfavorably to Elway.

I think it's the same thing here. Seattle had a GREAT O-line from 2002 to 2005. But I think that standard has set a very high benchmark for some fans and now that we have a solidly good line fans are criminally under rating it because our standards were raised so high in the past.

pehawk

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd shy away from it, unless a Hutch type fell, because of Cable. The 2011 job he did with that line may've forever "punished" him into making due with cast-offs and low round types.

And, I can see your point kearly.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The best player on the Hawks is Wilson. Now, all the bullshit about his height is kind of annoying, but there is one truth about his stature: he will never get the full benefit from a pristine pocket. He just won't. So, having linemen who are just league average is ok, since our QB does some of his best work from outside the pocket anyway.

So, unless the lineman who falls to our drafting spot miraculously is freakin awesome, I am all for giving the Russ some more weapons. Or replacing Hll. Or getting a DT who will make the pocket uncomfortable.

I will bet some dollars the Hawks front office agrees with me. There will be no lineman selected with the first pick.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3k2vii2k said:
The best player on the Hawks is Wilson. Now, all the bullshit about his height is kind of annoying, but there is one truth about his stature: he will never get the full benefit from a pristine pocket. He just won't. So, having linemen who are just league average is ok, since our QB does some of his best work from outside the pocket anyway.

So, unless the lineman who falls to our drafting spot miraculously is freakin awesome, I am all for giving the Russ some more weapons. Or replacing Hll. Or getting a DT who will make the pocket uncomfortable.

I will bet some dollars the Hawks front office agrees with me. There will be no lineman selected with the first pick.

Wilson the best player on the Hawks? woah that is a little too high of praise....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawksfan515":fehaehiz said:
Scottemojo":fehaehiz said:

Wilson the best player on the Hawks? woah that is a little too high of praise....
Nope. It is accurate. Best/most important. He is both.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1owqh4sb said:
hawksfan515":1owqh4sb said:
Scottemojo":1owqh4sb said:

Nope. It is accurate. Best/most important. He is both.

Better than Sherman?

I have a hard time arguing Russell Wilson is the 3rd best rookie QB with some people (not Hawk fans though). But the best player on a pretty talented Seahawk team??? Uhhhhh..... that's pretty cool.... but I don't really think so..... Maybe most important I guess.

sutz

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1tn95ppb said:

Well, maybe a defensive lineman.

;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
sutz":nt9pdfyq said:
Scottemojo":nt9pdfyq said:

Well, maybe a defensive lineman.

;)
You may be right. I could have been more specific.