JSeahawks because i'm bored Seahawks mock draft

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think you'll notice a pattern here. I''m pretty much just having fun with it, but i've always thought it woudl be kind of smart to try and stick with west coast guys whenever possible. Just makes it that much more likely that they'd want to stick around when they hit free agency.

Round 1: Dion Jordan, Oregon. Very versatile player. Kind of a unique player. Just seems like a Pete Carroll type of football player and id love to see the role that Pete would dream up for him.

Round 2: Marcus Wheaton, Oregon State. Might never be a superstar but he'll be solid for a decade.

Round 3: Will Sutton, Arizona State. I have no clue what his draft grade is, but he's just a dude that makes football plays. He's my favorite non-Duck player in college football. Reminds me of more intense Rocky Bernard.

Round 4: Kiko Alonzo, Oregon. Again, he's just a football player who makes plays. Stick him in Leroy's spot.

Round 5: Desmond "dont call me Isaiah" Trufant (thanks kearly), Washington: Another late round CB who becomes a star in Seattle.

Round 6: Michael Clay, Oregon. Undersized. One of the best people and leaders you'll ever see. At the least he'll be a special teams demon.

Round 7: Matt Barkley, USC. Russell needs a good backup.

kearly

Reaction score
Will Sutton is a pick that will make some GM look very smart next spring. Round 3 is a real possibility for him but to me he's one of the better DTs in this class. He's very strong / physical and can also shed a block with his arms. Plays hard too. Can be nasty at times.

Markus Wheaton has good wheels for a 6'1" WR. His running style kind of reminds me of the new and improved Golden Tate.

And Barkley might have to actually fall to round 7 for Seattle to consider him at this point. We are sitting pretty at QB and Barkley never really was a perfect fit for our offense anyway.

PS: It's Desmond Trufant. I believe you got mixed up with his relative who plays for the Jets.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Jordan, he's a talent, but a developmental pick in the first? I'd be happier with Ziggy Ansah.

Really like the Wheaton pick, and Trufant, but I'd be tempted to pull the trigger on him in the 3rd, watched some of his highlights, by default (watching Keenan Allen) and he looked really good. Would love him in the slot, and allow Thurmond to move over to cover Browner eventually.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
An all pac-12 draft, with four of seven picks coming from Oregon schools. Hmmm..... ;)

kearly

Reaction score
If they had a draft like that they should name the team the Oregon Territory Sea-Ducks.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
The all Oregon draft lol. You watched more Pac-12 ball than me. I like Sutton and Trufant. Have they declared? In fact Sutton should be the Pac-12 defender of the year from what I saw.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SEC FAN":104n25t2 said:
The all Oregon draft lol. You watched more Pac-12 ball than me. I like Sutton and Trufant. Have they declared? In fact Sutton should be the Pac-12 defender of the year from what I saw.

Sutton was named first team all american today by the AP. He hasnt declared yet but its awfully early. I'm guessing we won't hear anything til after their bowl game. Trufant was a senior i believe.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SEC FAN":10xqlol6 said:

Sutton=No
Tru is a SR, he has not choice.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":abg9wls4 said:
SEC FAN":abg9wls4 said:

Sutton was named first team all american today by the AP. Don't know if he's declared. Trufant was a senior i believe.

woahhh first team all american? not bad....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ruskell would have taken all Oregon players, but he had this rule about drafting for character.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":4276ctm0 said:
Ruskell would have taken all Oregon players, but he had this rule about drafting for character.

This comment is so 3 years ago. Come on Scottee, you're better then this!