Marcus Lattimore turning pro.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I really hope this kid makes it. Horrific knee injury. Hopefully he can have an Adrian Pederson type recovery who had a pretty horrific injury himself.

Would have been the perfect guy to team with Lynch before the injury (and before we got Turbin).

SEC FAN

Reaction score
A very good back and a nice guy as well. His story of injuries is a lot like Frank Gore's when he was at Miami and Gore turned out to be pretty damn good. I'm pullin for the guy. He was a touchdown machine and when they were inside the 10 and Spurrier didn't get too cute throwin the ball, you could count on Lattimore to punch it in every time.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'd take a flyer on him anywhere after the first 3 rounds, you never know. Willis McGahee also had an ugly injury and has had a pretty fine career so who knows?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd only consider it in UFA. Otherwise, too risky IMO. I feel bad for the kid, but he had two brutal knee injuries on both legs. You're taking a major risk drafting him.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":m970v78m said:
I'd only consider it in UFA. Otherwise, too risky IMO. I feel bad for the kid, but he had two brutal knee injuries on both legs. You're taking a major risk drafting him.

I'm sure he's a fine person, and he's a worthy player, but I have to agree with the above. Just because a couple players did it doesn't mean they all will. More will end up being part of the rule rather than the exceptions.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He's already Rodney Brown, but without any success in the NFL. Though he might have a year or two of productivity(and I hope he does), IMO he will be Greg Oden of the NFL.

NYCoug

Reaction score
CPHawk":jn4dg067 said:
He's already Rodney Brown, but without any success in the NFL. Though he might have a year or two of productivity(and I hope he does), IMO he will be Greg Oden of the NFL.

Damn. I hope his family's not reading this, geez, harsh assessment... but hilarious!

I don't think Lattimore will make it to the UDFA process. Somebody will take a chance on him despite his gruesome injury that he's going to be recovering from. I'm a big fan of his and hope for a AP-like recovery but who the hell knows if that will happen at this point? That being said, we've seen guys like Michael Bush get drafted despite being injured and the talent is there with Lattimore. Somebody will scoop him up in the 4th round or so, in my opinion.

aredub

Reaction score
He's going to fall in the draft, I'd take a flier on him with a 7th round pick. But I agree it comes with a ton of risk. I'm sure there will be several knee examines by team doctors to determine his chances of playing again.