what do you think

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I’ll start with a question and then give you my draft.

There seems to be a ton of speculation that KC may trade for Flynn or sign Alex Smith. I think Alex smith is not dynamic enough for them and they’re actually talented receivers, so since this is my fantasy, here’s my dream
Historically KC doesn't like to draft QBs early, last QB taken Brodie Coyle 3rd round, and it keeps him out of NFC

Trade Matt Flynn and our 1st pick to KC
for
KC 1st and then trade 1st to Buffalo
for
Buffalo 1st, 4th and next year’s second
then draft (or trade down some more << always my preference) I’ll say we stop trading.

1.Javis Jones OLB Georgia - Jones has 77 tackles, 22.5 tackles for a loss, 12.5 sacks, seven forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and an interception in 11 games this season. Currently, Jones leads the NCAA in forced fumbles per game (.64) and tackles for loss per game (2.05). He was named the AP SEC Defensive Player of the Year last week and was a unanimous selection to the All-SEC first team. In addition, Jones was named to the All-SEC Coaches first team.

2. DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson (Buff) - Hopkins has been named a second or third-team All-American by five services. In 2012 he has 69 receptions for 1214 yards and 16 touchdowns. He ranks second in the nation in touchdown receptions and it is a Clemson record. He needs just one touchdown catch against LSU in the Chick-fil-A Bowl to tie the ACC single season record. That would also establish the ACC record for consecutive games with a touchdown catch. He has a streak of nine active entering the bowl game.
Hopkins has caught at least one pass in 35 consecutive games over three years. The Clemson record is 36 by Jerry Butler from 1975-78, so Hopkins can tie that mark as well in the Chick-fil-A Bowl. He already holds Clemson career records for touchdown receptions and receiving yards. (Unless Will Sutton Comes out)

3. Kyle Long OT OR -
Kyle enrolled at Saddleback Junior College and later transferred to Oregon, moving from defensive end to the offensive line. He is still very raw, but according to his father and brother, Kyle was blessed with the most natural talent of the three and the NFL will love his upside. Not even ranked entering the season, Kyle is moving up draft boards.
4. Markus Wheaton WR OR ST - Markus is one of the best overall athletes in the Pac-12 Conference ... arguably the best playmaker on the Beavers' offense ... has started 20 games in his career ... one of the top returning wide receivers in the conference ... multi-purpose player, he is used in OSU's rushing scheme much like James Rodgers was - on fly sweeps and end-arounds ... enters the season ninth in OSU history with 136 receptions and just outside of the top 10 in receiving yards with 1,750 ... named by Phil Steele to preseason All-Pac-12 Second Team ... also a sprinter in track ... finished second in Oregon's Twilight meet in the 100 meters at 10.75 in May 2012

4. Desmond Trufant CB Wash - Athletic and instinctive, Trufant has demonstrated legitimate NFL coverage ability and helped his cause by showing improved overall physicality. Though he's seen considerable time in both man and zone concepts, he has the fluidity and straight-line speed to handle coverage duties and has proven ball skills.
While flashing physicality, Trufant really improved his tackling skills and form as an open field tackler

5. Matt Scott QB AZ - is very athletic and has enjoyed his greatest success when rolling out and forcing defenders to account for his legs, while also possessing the arm strength and touch to scorch them if they lose coverage responsibilities. (Wilson Jr.)

5. Jackson Jeffcoat DT Texas Injury makes him fall like Walter Thurman III Jeffcoat relies on his get-off and lateral agility as a pass rusher and too often is controlled by his opponent when his initial burst isn't enough to beat them. Possessing the lanky frame to add more muscle mass and remain as defensive end in the NFL or remain at a similar size to project better as a stand-up outside linebacker for the 3-4 scheme, Jeffcoat has the natural pass rush ability to earn first-round consideration of his own and the scary thing is he's only entering his third season of college football.

6. Patrick Lewis C - Texas A&M Versatile Played all interior positions is just a stud. The big senior is a prototype at the center position. At 6'2" and 306 pounds, he is agile enough to snap the ball and get into his blocks with ease. Lewis cut his teeth as true freshman playing the guard position and was able to be an honorable mention All-Big 12 player on the field.
After his second solid season at guard, Lewis made the jump over to center, and the 2011 season was a success, as he was again an honorable mention Big 12 performer. He is agile, quick and opens up running lanes quite well—Texas A&M's solid rushing attack is a testament to his abilities. Lewis is also a quality pass-blocker, and that speaks to his ability to snap and get his base to take on the opposition.

7. Ryan Otten TE San Jose State - He has shown the ability to be a legit downfield threat. Usually lining up with his hand on the ground at the line of scrimmage, Otten has also shown improvement as a blocker in both the run and pass game. (Do we get this one or lose it for Winslow?)

FA
Drew Fray S Cincinnati 6'3 4.5 speed sounds like JS PC to me..
He dislocated his shoulder during the first camp of his true freshman season and was forced to redshirt. A broken arm a year later in his first career start ended his 2008 season prematurely as well. First Team all-conference a year ago with 73 tackles, eight passes broken up and two interceptions including one he returned for a touchdown in the regular season
Chris Barker OG Nevada - Raw but a stud, owned AZ DT's and about anyone else he faced, Cable would make him fantastic.
Brandon Kaufman WR EWU - Has started 23 career games, the second-most among players on the Eagle offense. He has had eight performances in his career with at least 100 yards receiving, and five performances with at least eight catches. Kaufman has 128 receptions for 1,881 yards and 17 touchdowns in his career and is nearing Eastern’s all-time lists in all three categories. He is one away from ranking 11th in touchdown receptions, nine catches from No. 15 in receptions and 180 yards from ranking 14th in reception yards.

Player analysis, home pages, CBS Sports, Personal observation, Kearly, English..
You know all over the web
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros ... s/2013/all

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of drafting Jones, but I appreciate the Mock. I like the WR choices, but Wheaton will go higher than 4th round, imo. Long, from what I've heard is more of an interior linemen (Not for sure on that. JSeahawk would probably know) and I'm happy with the guards and center we have now. The rest I could get behind.

And you said you were going to ask a question, but I didn't see one asked, so I'm going to assume it is, 'What do You Think?' Well, to be honest, the trade suggestion you made won't happen. Basically, you're undervaluing the draft picks.

Consider this - Last year, the Washington Redskins moved from the #6 position to the #2. Only 4 spots...It costs them a HUGE amount of draft picks: 2012 #6 pick, 2012 2nd round pick, 2013 1st round, and 2014 1st round...So 3 firsts and one second...for only 4 spots in the draft and the number 2 overall pick (and a good trade in hindsight, imo).

What you are suggesting is that KC would trade down from the #1 overall pick to, let's pick a number, the #22 pick (minimal number it would be. Anywhere up to the #32 pick 8))....So a drop of 20-plus spots in the draft...all for Matt Flynn, and significantly less than what the redskins gave up to only move up 4 spots.

And then you have us trading 10 spots back with Buffalo for really nothing. Again, not nearly enough value to make the trade worth it for both teams.

I know it's a dream mock, but I would go with realistic over fantasy with these things. Cheers

EDIT: Haha, I guess you did ask a question..right in the Title lol. I always overlook that as being part of the message d'oh.

OP
OP
SeaHawk80

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I was thinking that there is not a ton of value at the QB in this draft and there are three teams in dire need of just that. I could see why the draft pick last year held so much value there were a ton of instant impact picks, I am just not feeling that this year. I am probably off my rocker and I am sure about 3 am Kearly will blow my mind with why, just not feeling the overall 1st round talent in this class. To me there is a lot of value players but maybe only 6 franchise players. And so that is why I am not valuing the picks I was also under the impression the buffalo trade would only drop me 4 spots, but I was mistaken. Mostly just trying to start a chat about draft picks and overall sentiment of talent in it.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
It's hard to disagree with any of that. I see this draft similar to you. Not a vastly talent-rich group. It seems there's close to as much chance drafting a pro-bowler in the late first as there is in the top 5, but when this all plays out, I'd guess we're going to see a few prospects rise to the top in a big way, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those quarterbacks. And if one of em goes Number 1, either Smith or Barkley, then who knows which team will overpay for the next one. Most likely NOT anything close to last year, but it seemingly happens every year in some way.

I liked the mock, mostly. I just don't see Flynn being worth a 22+ spot jump into the number one pick overall. I tried showing somewhat the value of at trade like that might look like with my RG3 trade example. Another one is the 2011 draft where Atlanta traded 5 picks to jump from #27 to #6. And that value wasn't decided because of the value of one player like last year's trade. That was just the cost of the #6 pick, no matter who Atlanta picked.

So the way I look at it is this; it took 5 picks to jump from #27 to #6 in 2011, and 4 picks to jump from #6 to #2 in 2012, the cost to jump from #22+ to #1 would probably have to be somewhere along the lines of the RG3 trade and maybe even more. Flynn, alone, isn't worth that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":2mn9aogs said:
I’ll start with a question and then give you my draft.

Trade Matt Flynn and our 1st pick to KC
for
KC 1st and then trade 1st to Buffalo

Maybe we can trade John Ryan for Adrian Peterson while we're at it. :vodka:

Thanks for your mock, but Flynn has very little value. Maybe you get a 5th, but likely I can see a 6th or 7th......most likely I think he is released.

OP
OP
SeaHawk80

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I surely hope they don't release him. I thought he looked great in his work so far. Flynn's two drops from having 2 more touchdowns. It seems like every year someone gets desperate and over pays at draft time. Good arguement with the comparisons to last couple drafts and the costs of moving up. I could see KC going after him but as you have pointed out the values, Flynn doesn't comand that much value. If it comes to that and there isn't enough value, I still see the QB position on the seahawks as a whole as not overpriced so I hope we keep him a great backup is never bad to have. Maybe the real question is will russle be pissed the guy on the bench is make a ton and he is doing all the work. When can we renegotiate Russle's contract

hawks509

Reaction score
It'd be nice to get a 1st rd pick for Flynn, not sure it'll happen but still. I personally wouldn't draft Trufant, but that's just my opinion. Also, your stats on Kaufman are a bit off. His Career stats read: 42 games (not sure how many starts), 221 rec, 3731 yards, 33 td's and he still has one more year if he chooses to stay at EWU. Also, 11 of his 14 games this year were 100 yds+, with three being 190 yds+.